PDA

View Full Version : For Sale or Trade '94 Classic 18

fun4ever1
04-13-2004, 01:02 AM
I've just made a decision (very difficult) to sell my 1994 Classic '18 soon and buy and/or trade for a single engine airplane (i.e. C-182, P-Arrow 200, Mooney 201, etc.). I plan to list it in the boat classified magizines after I take it in to the boat dealer for a routine spring check-up.

The boat has been very well cared for. The engine & drive, stereo / guages / controls, gelcoat and interior are in great shape (white with teal stripe / piping)., I don't anticipate any problems in selling it. The trailer is teal and matches the boat but there is corrosion starting to show-the trailer needs some maintenance.

Any suggestions on the best place to list this for sale?

The boat is located on Hilton Head Island in SC. I can be contacted at bjfedfirst@hargray.com.

pvogt
04-24-2004, 10:56 PM
Can I ask what you are looking to get for your 18?

Peter Vogt

fun4ever1
04-27-2004, 09:52 PM
I plan to list it in the boat classified magazines for $12,500 obo after I take it in to the boat dealer for a routine spring check-up. I will likely do this by Friday 4/30...they are busy so it may take a couple of weeks to check it out and get it back to me. As of the moment, it is still for sale.

Thank you.

Bob Johnston

(843) 671-6586

pvogt
04-27-2004, 10:53 PM
Disregard my email that I sent to you... I did finally recall which boat it was that you posted. She looks great...and clean.

I'm looking to make a decision and to pick up a boat in mid May. I think I may need to fly down and have a look at her. I'll get in touch with you later in the week/weekend.

Peter V

txtaz
05-16-2004, 07:01 AM
Bob, I might have a buyer for you if Peter doesn't pick up the boat. Let me know.
Wes

fun4ever1
05-17-2004, 07:07 PM
Wes, Thank you and she will appreciate her new home if it works out that Peter does not take her. She should be out fo the shop this week and the dealer is going thru her top to bottom. I'd be glad to give out any info that will help a new buyer make a decision. Bob bjfedfirst@hargray.com

pvogt
05-18-2004, 12:21 AM
Hi Bob,
Did you get your seasonal checkup done yet?

I am still interested. I'm flying down to Florida at the end of this month to look at a few boats in Miami and Key Largo, mostly 22's and Minx's. The decision I need to make is whether I want a Classic 18 or a Classic 22. If I do an 18, from what you tell me about yours, I think I would look no further. I'll let you know this month whether I'm going to go for an 18(yours) or a 22 I am interested in.

Thanks,
Peter

olredalert
05-18-2004, 09:21 AM
--------South Fla. boats, unless taken care of by Buzilla or the famous Madpoodle should be looked at extra carefully for salt-water damage. Very few owners are as anal as most of us on the board about cleaning and flushing.................Bill S

pvogt
05-18-2004, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the advice. My last boat was a 454 V-Drive and I flushed it after every use. I am not too kean on buying a boat that's been in salt water it whole life, but this one looks so damn clean.

Are you still in the process of the "seasonal checkup?"

txtaz
05-18-2004, 10:35 PM
Hear Yee, Hear Yee for the poodle. A man after my own heart, uhmmmm errrrrr boat. I can not say enough praises for the guy. He is very sharing with his knowledge and very helpfull. NOT only that, he understands those of us that are very anal about boat care and maintenance.
Yah Poodle, have fun in KY.
Wes

cfkingfish
05-19-2004, 06:36 PM
Is this boat still for sale? I would be interested, you can email me at cffau@conncoll.edu if youd like.

-Christian

fun4ever1
05-24-2004, 12:48 PM
Gentlemen,

Thank you for all of your insight and support. Miss "Hot and Nasty" came out of the dealers shop this past Friday 5/21 with a full check up and a clean bill of health (nearly $1300). Subsequently, we did discover a cracked hydralic steering line which will have to be replaced.

Speaking of salt, I asked them to pull the risers and they found them to be in perfect shape...they are stainless and nearly indestructable. (Nothing but the best for Donzi) In reply to a former comment, this vessel has been flushed and cleaned after every visit to the salt water-NO EXCEPTIONS-and I recommend this highly if you are around salt water. IT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE-the condition of the riser is proof!

On Sat, a very nice gentleman and his significant other drove down from Myrtle Beach and deposited the full asking price in my hand and off they took her to her new home. He has been on the water for nearly 40 years and is a professional boat mechanic so I am sure she is in good hands.

One lesson learned in the process...I had a steel trailer that worked well for the boat until this past weekend. Since the boat sat in storeage since last June, the salt water weakened the tubular steel trailer frame and the boat trailer nearly collapsed when we tried to sea trial the vessel...thank goodness that he/her were able to find a big galvanized used trailer to get her back to MB with.

My best to you all and again thank you for the help in finding my classic '18 a new home. With nearly 400 hours on the boat since new, she should make for a nice big boys toy for many years to come.

Balls to the wall boys but be careful.

PS. While the boat was being sold, (this is true) a man's body came floating up to the dock where I was standing. He apparently had drowned several hours earlier and was missing. He was from Indiana and his first name was Albert-my best to his family! You never know what the waters of the Atlantic will do to you so live, laugh and love.

Bob

ChromeGorilla
05-24-2004, 05:22 PM
Shesh...mob must be workin overtime.....is this the norm now??? Second story I read today concerning bodies surfacing at the ramp. I'm scared to go out in my new boat when I get it! :eek!: I'm gonna be strapped when I launch :uzi: lol

marcdups
05-24-2004, 05:51 PM
Hey Bada bing, you Chrome gorilla, donno about MOP but scared the **** outta me!! all said and done I found replacement power steering lines on a sunday in North Myrtle Beach, desperation was in order, but thanks to Bob she is home and in dry storage as we speak, and Bob sorry to burst your bubble but she will be baptized as the P.... MAG!!!, as the 16 was P....MAG!!, can you see a difference, it still attracts more pric.s than the other, but she is home safe, thanks again. :propeller

Koenig
05-25-2004, 11:47 AM
Note to self must bring laptop when I go on business trips or might miss out on decent deals on good looking Classic.

On the planes my personel favorite is the Mooney 201. No it's not that they put a Porsche engine in them at one time. Caveat they are small and cramped. Best built and fastest cruiser in it's class, so if you mostly travel alone the Mooney would be my choice. Bigger family I would go with the Piper Arrow. I have maybe 20 years worth of back issue's of flying magazine. So whatever you look at in planes, I've either flown it or have several articles worth of info! :smile:

cfkingfish
05-25-2004, 07:06 PM
Yeah, me too, best of luck to the man who was able to purchase the boat.

-Christian