PDA

View Full Version : Volvo Vibration Damper ???

penbroke
04-10-2004, 08:58 PM
Pulled the engine today to change the primary shaft bearing and seals on my SBF/Volvo powered 18 and found the vibration damper is cracked in several places. This is the plate that bolts to the flywheel and has the spline for the primary shaft.

The question is: Is this a Ford part, a Volvo part, an Interceptor part or a Holman Moody part? It's not an HM boat but I've heard that HM actually made many of the Interceptor parts. There are no markings on it at all.

Does anybody have any info on this or know where I can get one? Any input would be a big help.

Thanks,
Frank
In too deep to quit now. :eek!:

MOP
04-10-2004, 09:23 PM
Frank no sweat that is a very universal item, go to you local discount house and get a new one. Bring it with you 99 percent are the same only a few odd balls. If you spend just a few more bucks go to the round heavy duty that will last untill you give this stuff up!

bigman
04-10-2004, 09:37 PM
I don't think you'll have a problem getting this part either, but if you do you can try http://volvopentaparts.stemtostern.com/
they're pretty nice folks to deal with too. If that don't work I've got a 351W that might have one on it that's still good. It would take me till Wed. to get it though. good luck, bigman.

rickrsbro
04-11-2004, 02:14 PM
mark at marinegears.com or try vince or richard at skidim.com

dampner ratings (spring size) vary by engine torque. i would get the right one for your application

penbroke
04-12-2004, 09:12 AM
Thanks guys! I was afraid it was going to be one of those unobtainable parts.

Frank
Off to the parts store...

Forrest
04-12-2004, 10:13 AM
. . . and if you can't find one, you can take it just about any clutch re-building company and they will make it like new again for not much money.