PDA

View Full Version : sometimes, old boat nuts are old bike nuts, too!

gold-n-rod
04-09-2004, 07:23 PM
I have a neat old Honda for sale in Michigan. Here are the details:

1980 Honda CM200T, commonly known as a Twinstar. It's a twin cylinder, 200 cc street bike. 4 speed trans, electric and kick start.

:moped:

This bike is in excellent original condition with 5500 original miles. Excellent paint, seat, lights, turn signals, trim...... all original parts are in place. One week old battery and plugs. Oil just changed, too. Tires have no checking and plenty of good tread left. It has a rear rack and I'll throw in a plexi windshield that needs some repair to the mounts and a chrome crash bar (not presently installed). I also have the original operators manual for this bike.

This is the perfect bike for a beginner rider or for a wife or girlfriend. It's now listed in the NADA bike guides under antique bikes. It is almost 25 years old after all.

This is no highway bike, although it will cruise at posted speeds. It's really a commuter bike; much nicer than a scooter/moped and gets fantastic mileage on a gallon of gas.

Price: $495 cash. It is prices to sell so that I can pay for my new bike. Clear Michigan title.

You'll have to pick it up in mid-Michigan, no delivery or shipping.

Email me at goldnrod24@hotmail.com for more info. Please pass along to interested parties.

Thanks.

Tony
04-09-2004, 08:36 PM
Where in mid-michigan are you located? I may have a nephew interested...

gold-n-rod
04-09-2004, 09:04 PM
East Lansing, just down the road a spell from beautiful Portland. Come over and take a look. It's not presently licensed and insured, but it can be ridden around my sub.

goldnrod

Brad Lyon
04-09-2004, 09:08 PM
Tony, if you don't get it let me know. I am looking for a bike that I can leave up north to make quick runs up to the store and to our neighbors.

Brad

Tony
04-10-2004, 06:10 PM
My nephew is not interested, so go for it Brad. If Brad does not buy it Gold, there will surely be an MSU student in need of this kind of summer transportation at this price!

RedDog
04-10-2004, 07:11 PM
An entry level bike like that just cannot be had today. That is the type of bike you want a kid to start out with. No flash - no dash. (hey, I'm a poet!)

gold-n-rod
04-14-2004, 08:40 PM
Bike is SOLD. Thanks for the inquiries.

Wanna see my new bike? I know, the colors are a little, err, feminine, but it's an '89 and those were hot colors back in the day.

It's a 250 cc that spins to 13K. Fun bike, cheap to insure.

goldnrod