PDA

View Full Version : Computer Garu needed!

MOP
04-08-2004, 10:10 AM
I installed a Demo program to try learn spanish, it came with Q Time which decided it owned my system. So I tried to uninstall but get an aplet saying C:\windows unvise32.exe is not available. Did a net search and this seems to be an issue many have faced. How can I gat a copy of that so I can kill the two programs?

Phil

donzii22
04-08-2004, 11:48 AM
did you try to reinstall q-time and then uninstall q-time first then unistall the spanish program?

heres a free program that should be able to help you
click on the link
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/smartuninstaller.html

McGary911
04-08-2004, 12:36 PM
There are a couple of things you can try. Go to the directory where you installed the program and see if the unwise.exe is there. If it is, just click on it there, no need to go to add\remove programs.
If you cant find it, you may still have a copy. Often, but not always, the install file is just a .zip file in disguise. Take the file from the installer (setup.exe, or whatever) and right click on it. Open with winzip (or whatever unzip utility you have) and you should see a list of files that are in the package. The unwize.exe should be in there. Extract only that file to your spanish dir, then run it. sometimes they change the extension ni the package to .ex_ After extraction, just change the unwize.ex_ to unwize.exe. Then you can run it.

Give these a shot. If this fails, and you are comfortable working in the registry, shoot me an email and i can give you a few more ideas. Good luck.

MOP
04-08-2004, 02:31 PM
Hi I can find unwise in several othe programs this is unvise, I did a net search and spyware and a few others us it. I tried a reinstall but N/G says uninstall first, it is a catch 22. I need to find a copy of this unvise exe stick it in the program to get rid of it.

Thanks!

Phil

txtaz
04-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Finally I get to help Phil out.

http://www.mindvision.com/kdb.asp?Action=Q&ID=255

The link describes the unistaller issues.
Wes

smokediver
04-08-2004, 05:35 PM
Mop, why dont you just hook up with a latin girl ?

Boat_Mon
04-08-2004, 06:34 PM
Mop, why dont you just hook up with a latin girl ?

Si' Muy Caliente' :bonk:

MOP
04-08-2004, 08:39 PM
To a look at Mindspring site, unless I read it wrong they want to charge for th edown load of that Exe. I am going to try a little threatening mail, I sent notes to QT and the spanish program. No response yet, see what tomorrow brings.

Phil

mattyboy
04-08-2004, 09:54 PM
posted by MOP : " computer garu needed"
when you find him tell him he should run a diagnostic on your spell checker!! :) ;) :tongue: :rlol:

Matty

gcarter
04-08-2004, 10:01 PM
posted by MOP : " computer garu needed"
when you find him tell him he should run a diagnostic on your spell checker!! :) ;) :tongue: :rlol:

Matty
I thought everyone from Phils neck of the woods spelled that way! :cussball: :rlol:

George

mattyboy
04-08-2004, 10:12 PM
I ain't from his neck of da woodz, I don't gotz a delete key!!!
just a rubout key :) :uzi: :rlol: :wavey: fuggeditaboddit

Matty
what fargin woodz???? u mean dat tree over dare!!! :rolleyes:

txtaz
04-08-2004, 10:44 PM
Phil, Most of us software developers don't write installation programs anymore. We get them free when we buy devolpment tools. Mindvision wrote the installation program that was used for whatever you installed. The registy on your computer holds a count about the number of installs that Mindvision has done. If the number is zero, it will search out and delete the unvise32.exe file when you do a restart.
The easiest thing to do is to edit the registry with the comments from the link above. If you are uneasy using regedit, let me know, I will get unvise32.exe for you and tell you where to copy it. Then you can do a normal uninstall.
If nothing else, I can write a custom routine to quickly and easy dump you hard drive just like my outdrive. LOL