PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!!! Bent prop shaft

txtaz
04-06-2004, 02:37 PM
OMG, I just got back from inspecting the boat and the prop shaft is bent at least 1/2"and one of the prop blades is bent on the leading edge. It looks like it was dropped. They claim they didn't do it. I told them I ran the boat the night before at 65mph. The way the shaft is now, there is no way the boat can move 5 feet!!!!!!! Can you say about $1500 in damage??? I spoke to the manager and told him this needs to be corrected. I have recipts and witnesses who saw the boat run FAST the night before I brought it in. He's talking to the owner and will give me a call.
Meanwhile, I'm boning up on the Attorney Gernerals and BBB websites. Also have a call in to a friend who has a big law firm here in San Antonio.
Man I am sooooooo pissed.
Anyone have other ideaas?
Thanks
Wes

Lenny
04-06-2004, 03:21 PM
Did this happen in a shop?, or is it rack stored?, or do you trailer it? How did it "drop" and is the hull OK???did it hit the ground too? :(

txtaz
04-06-2004, 04:01 PM
Sorry, I didn't give enough information. This is a trailer boat that was dropped off for regular service and a skeg repair. All for $1300 which raised concerns in the first place. People from the board suggested I was getting ripped off. So when they called on Monday to tell me the prop shaft was bent, I told them to stop all work. I looked at it today and IT WAS BENT!!!! The prop would not rotate 360 degrees. My point is it's hard for us to have dinner on the lake Friday night and cruise around at 60-65 mph with that shaft and then drop it off Saturday morning and somehow the shaft gets bent.
I'm waiting on a call from the owner of Sail and Ski to get his decision and getting the lawyers up to speed. I AM GOING AFTER THEM IF THEY DO NOT DO THE right thing.
I am still SOOOOOOOOOO PISSED, my father is even afraid to be around me. I hope the Fed Ex guy isn't late....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........Just kidding. I'm actually starting to cool down. Dad helped alot. We are both long time boaters.
BTW, I inspected the hull and everything looks good. They couldn't have dropped the boat, it was on the trailer. But if they were iresponsible enough to bend a shaft, what else could they have done.
Thanks,
Wes

Rootsy
04-06-2004, 06:22 PM
welp, what way is the blade bent? they very well may have left the drive down when attempting to move it... picked up the tongue of the trailer dug the prop in.. she skeg was broken right? and puilled her before noticing it was in teh ground.. check the ashphalt for fresh patches or covered up gouges....

just a thought

JR

MOP
04-06-2004, 06:36 PM
1/2 inch they are nuts the damn drive would not onlyhave shaken you to death but at you reported and verified speed broken the gimble trunions! I say :toiletpap :cussball: :toiletpap :cussball: :toiletpap

mattyboy
04-06-2004, 07:32 PM
think Jamie is on to something , post pics if you can that might help some

Matty