PDA

View Full Version : Engines!

MOP
04-05-2004, 08:36 AM
Call me an old fart, but I feel if any engine problem crops up that may possibly have caused any internal damage to go on whether it is over heating, oil pressure changes, running home with a cylinder not firing or bad injector either of which will wash the oil off cylinder walls, or new vibration, sound etc etc. Stop running it, go to your local discount house of worship and buy an oil sample kit. It only takes about a week for results and may save you Big bucks, many things caught in time are a heck of a lot cheaper to fix. Put it off for an afternoons fun and your wallet may be damaged even more. I am a firm believer on regular oil sampling it develops a base line to compare it will let you know things long before they happen, this is especially true for guys that have poured their heart and soul also big bucks into an engine that develops far more stress on parts than stock. Very cheap peace of mind!

Phil

rayjay
04-05-2004, 08:56 AM
Call me an old fart, but I feel if any engine problem crops up that may possibly have caused any internal damage to go on whether it is over heating, oil pressure changes, running home with a cylinder not firing or bad injector either of which will wash the oil off cylinder walls, or new vibration, sound etc etc. Stop running it, go to your local discount house of worship... - Phil

Amen Brother, Amen!!

boxy
04-05-2004, 09:16 PM
Ya.....what the MadDog said......

Rootsy
04-05-2004, 09:17 PM
Nuts to that, run it till it blows, then build one with mo power... :jestera: :biggrin: :tongue: :hyper:

YEAH BABY!!!!

JR

if it won't go force it.. if it breaks it was meant to be replaced...

ToonaFish
04-05-2004, 11:32 PM
Ya.....what the MadDog said......

MadDog said it, Greg K did it...

MOP
04-06-2004, 12:04 AM

Kids!!!!!!! and their toys :convertib :checkered :boat: :moped: :wrench: :beer: :smileybo: :alligator

Live like it is the last one, did I say what!

Fish boy
04-06-2004, 07:26 AM
Drive it like ya stole it... and have your tools and a long rope handy. ;)

mattyboy
04-06-2004, 08:03 PM
ride her till she bucks ya , then buck up and ride her some more!!!! :tongue: ;)

Matty

Cuda
04-06-2004, 10:17 PM
and have your tools and a long rope handy. ;)

I always have my tool, but there are no ropes on a boat! :biggrin:

Greg K
04-07-2004, 06:33 AM
My sentiments exactly..
No oil pressure.. :bonk: high temp and rising :angryfire
...keep going till it blows, it's a long tow to the ramp by pontoon. :yes: