PDA

View Full Version : Suwannee River Trip In Mid June!!!!!!

Budmann
04-05-2004, 07:50 AM
During Mt. Dora I had allot od S.E.A.D.O.G.s ask when we were going to plan a Suwannee Trip. Everyone I spoke with said June. Sooooo lets plan it for the second or third week in June.

Who's wants to ride the mighty Suwannee????

Well the board took off with this thread soooo anyone who wants to go, the click to the next two pages. :outtahere :outtahere :) :yippie: :smileybo: :boat:

Scott Heidt
04-05-2004, 08:21 AM
Sign me up! :outtahere :outtahere

Last Tango
04-05-2004, 08:23 AM
Let's do it the weekend of June 12th and 13th! Budmann, I recall we had kind of sort of settled on the Cadillac Ranch (or something like that) when we chatted about this last year. I'm ready to do the Suwanee and that weekend is perfect. How about you?

Go to page 3 of this thread for details on this event!

Budmann
04-05-2004, 09:04 AM
DavidO...not sure what your responce ment, but if you are asking if the River has good ramps, then yes, lots of them.

L.T. We can do the Cadillac or the Holiday Inn Express. Holiday is a little cleaner and has a Super Walmart right next door. As we get closer then we can all make a deceission. That weekend works great for me, cause Fishboy and I have our Birthdays in June.

Great reason to have a knock down drag out party :beer: :beer:

David O
04-05-2004, 10:10 AM
DavidO...not sure what your responce ment, but if you are asking if the River has good ramps, then yes, lots of them.
:

Means I don't have much faith in having a boat that will make the whole trip.
Engine is at the machine shop as we speak, from an hour of running in Mt. Dora.

Sounds like a beautiful trip and would love to make it.

David

Budmann
04-05-2004, 10:35 AM
David... we all carry very srong TOW LINES! :yes:

David O
04-05-2004, 10:44 AM
So do I.

I owe Fishboy a Tow and hope he never needs to collect on it.

He was wonderful to hang back and help.

Budmann
04-05-2004, 10:48 AM
Yea he told me, next time get our cell numbers so we know your broken down. Last I saw you were haulin A$$!!

Scott Heidt
04-05-2004, 05:59 PM
The way I'm going I might need a tow too! :moped:

florida gator
04-05-2004, 07:20 PM

L.T. We can do the Cadillac or the Holiday Inn Express. Holiday is a little cleaner and has a Super Walmart right next door. As we get closer then we can all make a deceission. That weekend works great for me, cause Fishboy and I have our Birthdays in June.

Great reason to have a knock down drag out party :beer: :beer:

And there's a liquor store with a hot brunette from UF giving free shots of tequila last time I went to Tally.

gcarter
04-05-2004, 07:24 PM
From what I'm reading here, is one STRONG Donzi pulling five or six other Donzis... entertaining thought but not very practical!! :rlol: :rlol:

George

Scott Heidt
04-05-2004, 07:26 PM
Who has a Donzi Tug Boat!

Last Tango
04-05-2004, 09:32 PM
Okay, you broken guys show up anyway. We folks with working equipment will lead the way and also run clean up. Let's get back on topic with agreement on a date (I have already proposed a specific date within Budmanns "middle June" so lets get going on this. It really would be only two months away from now. Hard to believe - June is only two months away. Sheesh. Whatever hotel and whatever ramp that looks good to the folks who have been there before.

J&K SHAHBAS
04-06-2004, 08:16 AM
I agree with Buddy, the holiday inn express is the way to go. What ever date works for us, but im bringing my 16 this time. Ears are still ringing from Dora!!! Lets do it.

gcarter
04-06-2004, 11:31 AM
My Minx probably won't be running, but we could show up if there's a couple of seats.

George

David O
04-06-2004, 01:52 PM
Budman
I must have missed something somewhere and I don't doubt many feel it obvious I have :confused: but just where and to on the Suwanee river is this trip being planed?
Starting where, going where, what's in between, low budget or high budget trip?
How many days, miles do I need to build the motor to run for?
Can I bring Donzi Chic? :smileybo:
David

Cuda
04-06-2004, 10:28 PM
I spent a lot of time on the Suwannee, that's where Deb and I went on our first date! :biggrin: You guys that thought the Dora Canal was pretty, the East Pass of the Suwannee is the most beautiful stretch of water in the state. It's quite a run from where 19 crosses the river. I was up there two weeks ago, and the river is at it's perfect height, no too low, not too high. I was scouting for the trip last year, but the river was flooded when we were talking of going. You sure don't want to run the river when it's high, there are barely submerged logs everywhere then. :(

Cuda
04-06-2004, 10:32 PM
Here are some pictures I took of the landings and such last year.

This is Anderson Park, at the foot of the Hwy 19 bridge on the north side.

Cuda
04-06-2004, 10:41 PM
This is Clay Landing, which is the closest ramp to the Holiday Inn in Cheifland.

Cuda
04-06-2004, 10:47 PM
This is Hinton Landing, I think they change the name to John Green Park. It's just downstream from Anderson. It would be the easiest to get boats in and out from, since it's on a canal instead of that swift river.

Cuda
04-06-2004, 10:57 PM
This would be the perfect spot for the Donzi Headquarters. It's the Suwanne Gables Motel. It has it's own boat launch, good parking, floating dock and a nice picnic area for people to gather in. There is also a restaurant across the street, along with a liquor store! :)

Cuda
04-06-2004, 11:01 PM
Watercop waiting for Mr Poodle.

Speed-Racer
04-07-2004, 06:22 AM
How's the 19th and 20th?

Last Tango
04-07-2004, 09:25 AM
The Suwannee Gables Motel doesn't have a website but it does have a phone number. I will call them today and see how they look for weekends in June.
We need a COUNT of how many rooms to expect!
Speak up NOW, please, so I know what to look for in a room count.
I'm still partial to the 12th and 13th because the the following weekend (19 & 20) is the annual Radical Boat Reunion in Palatka at the Holiday Inn. Seemed like an easy opportunity for the SEADOGs to join in and also go to the Werl Famus Porkey's Landing run...

Forrest
04-07-2004, 10:07 AM
Mark, this sounds like a great idea. Count us in!

David O
04-07-2004, 11:47 AM
Mark
I would like to make plans to go but I have no clue where the Suwannee Gables Motel is.
The weekend of the 12 and 13th would be my choice.
How close to Gainesville is this and what are the river running plans. From where to where?
David

Cuda
04-07-2004, 12:23 PM
The Suwannee Gables had a website last year. I'll see if I can find it.

It's ten miles south of Cheifland, right on US 19. 52 miles west of Gainesville.

David O
04-07-2004, 12:32 PM
Thanks Cuda
Would the plans be to run towards the gulf or up the river or be determined each day?

Cuda
04-07-2004, 12:35 PM
I can assure you that the last twenty miles of the river is the most beautiful. It runs through a federal wildlife refuge, and has no developement on the way. I remember seeing a Bald Eagle swoop down and take a mullet away from an Osprey. I'll see if I can find some pictures.

Cuda
04-07-2004, 06:42 PM
I'm not positive, but I think there is gas on the water at what used to be the KOA upriver from Suwannee Gables. I'll find out.

Speed-Racer
04-07-2004, 09:25 PM
The Supreme SEA DOG has it under control. We'll be gone that weekend on Vaction, however, if maybe Bob & Ranya, or Phil is heading up I can catch a ride with them?

Tango you have mail.

gcarter
04-07-2004, 09:28 PM
you know, I looked at their little map, and I can't figure out if the hotel is on the Hwy 19 side of the river or the other side?
Maybe I overlooked something.
George

Cuda
04-07-2004, 10:31 PM
It's on the east side of 19 between the highway and the river, north of where 19 crosses the river at Fanning Springs.

Budmann
04-10-2004, 12:10 PM
Hi everyone...sorry I have been out of touch. Family stuff. I see everyone is leaning toward the Suwannee Gables. The reason I mentioned the Holiday Inn Express is because of a couple of major benifits...
1) Super Walmart right next door.
2) Fast food, gas, etc. very close.
3) The last time we had a big group stay at the Suwanee Gables, the rooms were so so on cleanleness. Also, we had a couple of folks who had to cancel for personal reasons and they wouldn't refund their room charges. With everyone never really sure they can make it till the last minute, that would suck to have to pay for two nights stay and not even be there.

Hey Cuda...

Don't forget that the Cadilac Hotel is right next door to the Lighthouse Resturant. (Great seafood and reasonablely priced)

Most if not all of my regular Suwannee group will be at the Holiday Inn Express. :confused:

gcarter
04-10-2004, 02:48 PM
I've stayed at a number of Holiday Inn Express, everyone was OK, a few even had high speed internet service!

George...Have laptop will travel! :computer:

Cuda
04-10-2004, 05:37 PM
Hey Cuda...

Don't forget that the Cadilac Hotel is right next door to the Lighthouse Resturant. (Great seafood and reasonablely priced)

Most if not all of my regular Suwannee group will be at the Holiday Inn Express. :confused:

Um, err, they don't like me at the Lighthouse Restaurant. I'll tell you the story later. :)

Last Tango
04-10-2004, 07:15 PM
How far apart are the Suwannee Gables and the Holiday Inn Express? What is the attraction to being next to a Super Walmart other than the all night traffic? I think I'd be more concerned about security of my boat with all that extra traffic. I'm not opposed to a little drive to a restaurant in the evening. Most of the other SEADOG venues have a short drive to the dinner on Saturday night. Builds commaradarie.
Hey. and the SEADOGS are no strangers to some "dive" motels. Part of the adventure! LOL

Cuda
04-10-2004, 07:18 PM
It's about nine miles from the Holiday in to the Suwannee Gables.

Budmann
04-12-2004, 08:10 AM
Last Tango... after doing battle with the criminals @ Crosby Inn last month, I'm all about security. If there were security issues with the Holiday Inn, than I wouldn't tell everyone to go there! Also,the ramp at the Suwannee Gables is steep and crummy. Go back to far and your trailer drops off. Your more than welcome to stay there. I have been going to the River for 20 years, and the Holiday Inn or the Cadillac are what I would suggest. We can all still meet out on the River after everyone puts in. The ramp that I'm putting in at has two "nice" slabs of concrete with a nice new floating dock.

As for the attraction to Super Walmart, some of us like to get things such as Ice,subs,(only one resturant on the entire river)boat sodas,etc.

Again...your choice.

Cuda
04-12-2004, 08:32 AM
Budman, we will most likely launch at Hinton Landing and run around to the Suwannee Gables. Hinton is the only one that you don't have to battle with the river current.

Budmann
04-12-2004, 08:49 AM
Cuda... I forget the name of the ramp over by the Holiday inn. The ramp is on a bend and has always been very easy to get in and out. Even when the River has been low, the current hasen't been a problem. I think you posted a picture of the ramp I'm talking about. If you know which one I'm refering to could you post it for the other folks that want to stay @ the Holiday Inn Express.

Fish boy
04-12-2004, 12:02 PM
guess we should figure out a time and place to meet on the river. Having gone to the suwanee more than a few times and tried some of the local establishments, I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn.

Cuda, if I had a dime for every place that "does not like me very much anymore", I would be bringing my ZR and staying my private coach motor home, rather than bringing the fishboat LOL Looking forward to hearing the story though, maybe we can trade a few stories and make a few new ones ;)

Last Tango
04-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Well, folks... It is NOT my call on the hotel or ramp or where we meet. I have NEVER boated on the Suwannee nor have I stayed at any of the hotels there. I was going by Budmann's and Cuda's early discussion. When Budmann was off the air for a few days, I picked the recommendation of Cuda. If we want to change that let's do it now so I can make my reservation somewhere else.
Speak up now as to your preference.
Budmann is adamant about the Holiday Inn Express.
Cuda says we'll enjoy it more at the Suwannee Gables.
I will go with the biggest flow. Tell us you are coming, tell us your preference or lack of preference as to a hotel.
The DATE is now set in stone as June 12th and 13th. Discussion is closed on that issue.
Budmann, please call the Holiday Inn Express and post the rates for doubles and kings for that weekend, a website, and the 800 number for reservations there, so people can look and choose effectively.
We know Budmann and Cuda's preferences, now let's hear yours.
No problem staying at BOTH hotels if we can't agree and we want to meet at the same ramp.

Scott Heidt
04-12-2004, 02:17 PM
Well, folks... It is NOT my call on the hotel or ramp or where we meet. I have NEVER boated on the Suwannee nor have I stayed at any of the hotels there. I was going by Budmann's and Cuda's early discussion. When Budmann was off the air for a few days, I picked the recommendation of Cuda. If we want to change that let's do it now so I can make my reservation somewhere else.
Speak up now as to your preference.
Budmann is adamant about the Holiday Inn Express.
Cuda says we'll enjoy it more at the Suwannee Gables.
I will go with the biggest flow. Tell us you are coming, tell us your preference or lack of preference as to a hotel.
The DATE is now set in stone as June 12th and 13th. Discussion is closed on that issue.
Budmann, please call the Holiday Inn Express and post the rates for doubles and kings for that weekend, a website, and the 800 number for reservations there, so people can look and choose effectively.
We know Budmann and Cuda's preferences, now let's hear yours.
No problem staying at BOTH hotels if we can't agree and we want to meet at the same ramp.
I am leaning toward the Hoiday INN. :boat:

Budmann
04-12-2004, 03:28 PM
Holiday Inn Express rates are as follows:
Without even negotiating with the G.M. the rate is $65.00 per night. The fellow I spoke with said if we had enough people reserve rooms, we could get them down even more.
Just so everyone is clear, the Suwannee Gables is about 10 miles North of the Holiday Inn. With the exception of Cuda (we can put a wig on him so no one can tell who he is) the Lighthouse Resturant is good eats.

Across from the Holiday Inn is a Subway in the event you don't want to chance the River Resturant. (don't know the name)

Lets start getting this thing together.

pmreed
04-13-2004, 08:03 PM
OK, I'm hooked. Watching the motel shootout :uzi: :jestera: for final arrangements.
Speedracer, you're welcome to ride.

Phil

CrackerJack
04-20-2004, 02:53 PM
Maybe you need to get some namesake brews???? :rlol:
http://www.drinkmainebeer.com/seadog.html

Cuda
04-20-2004, 03:05 PM
It doesn't matter to me which motel we use, it's just that the Gables is on the water, so the boats could be tied up instead of taken out each night. I'll probably end up sleeping in the paking lot of The Minitures! :D

Cuda
04-20-2004, 03:14 PM
This has been my sleeping accomodations on more than one occasion. :beer:

Cuda
04-20-2004, 03:17 PM
Directly across the street from the Minitures, which has just been recently remodeled. (the bar that is)

Cuda
04-20-2004, 03:20 PM
Another motel in Fanning Springs in case they fill up. I doubt there will be any problem getting rooms before July when the scallop season opens.

Last Tango
04-20-2004, 03:37 PM
Well, folks, I've let this thread run a week waiting for preferences. Mostly we still have the great debate going on between Cuda and Budmann. I have one "leaner" and two "somebody just pick one". The best recommendation was CrackerJack's. We appearantly need to stock up the SEADOG sea chest with an assortment of those for our gathering. I'll check with the treasurer of our resources and find out where we stand.
As for the room, it is time to punt. He who yells the loudest wins.
Budmann, please post the reservation number and website to the Holiday Inn Express. Everyone else, start making your reservations. Cuda, I may join you at The Bear Den Club. Looks like more my style anyway. I will have SpeedRacer on my crew this run, so we will opt for the Holiday Inn and call it a wrap on the WHERE discussion.

gcarter
04-20-2004, 03:56 PM
Well, Elaine and I are going to book at the Holiday Inn, I just haven't done it yet. It's kind of like eating at a fast food restaurant chain, it may not be A++, but you know what you're getting! :D

George

Cuda
04-20-2004, 03:57 PM
HI works fine. Budman, will we be using Clay Landing then?

gcarter
04-20-2004, 03:57 PM
I have no input about where to meet as I've never boated there.

George

Budmann
04-21-2004, 08:14 AM
Just got off the phone with Mary from the Holiday Inn Express. The group rate is 59.00. Minimum of ten rooms. Those of you who have already booked please call back and ask for Mary. Tell her your with the Donzi Registry so she can adjust your rate.. That is the "password" for the special rate. The phone number is 352.493.9400. She was very anxious to help so I think everyone will have a nice stay.

Those of you who choose to stay at the Suwannee Gables can meet up with the rest of us at Fanning Springs.

Cuda...could you please post another shot of the ramp, and location.

Thanks everyone. I think we are going to have a great time.

P.S. remember this not like any other of our past trips. Plan on getting back to nature and seeing some really interesting places.

Budmann
04-26-2004, 08:32 AM
Just filled out the contract for Holiday Inn Express. Mary Brown is the contact. All booked and ready to go. Looks like we are going to have a lot of boats so far. I have quite a few folks going from my area. :biggrin.: :wavey:

BUIZILLA
04-26-2004, 10:33 AM
For sure i'm in.

J :orcawhale

gcarter
04-26-2004, 01:33 PM
Hey guys, I'm working on my Minx every day (I guess I'm just slow) but if it isn't ready, is there someone who would offer us a seat?

George & Elaine

Scott Heidt
04-26-2004, 01:42 PM
I probably will not be finished with the rebuid project on the NEW 502! OUCH! So I will probably will have to bring our 20' Mako or catch a ride with someone. :sombrero:

Can we get everyone that is bringing a boat to sound off with how many people they are bringing and if they have any empty spots on their boat?

Thanks!

Budmann
04-26-2004, 02:13 PM
Budmann and Donzi Jodi 2 guests.

Sorry, no room. :bawling: :bawling:

Budmann
04-26-2004, 02:42 PM
Mad P... you going to make it. Sweet! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Fish boy
04-26-2004, 03:00 PM
Fishboy in - always have extra seats, extra boat sodas, extra slow top end.

Scott Heidt
04-26-2004, 07:27 PM
Wooo Hooo! Thanks Guys! BIG Smile here!

Last Tango
04-27-2004, 09:57 AM
Last Tango and SpeedRacer will be attending. Bringing the 18. Room for more!

Cuda
04-27-2004, 10:29 AM
Deb and I may make a recon run up there this weekend. Anything you need us to check on?

Budmann
04-27-2004, 12:16 PM
Cuda... please check the depth in and around some of the shallows. Also could you check Rock Bluff and Fanning to see how clear they are.

Thanks

bud staples :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades:

Tidbart
04-28-2004, 12:59 PM
Bob and Ranya are in.
I will bring a boat if I have one. :)

Bob

Cuda
04-28-2004, 01:20 PM
Bob and Ranya are in.
I will bring a boat if I have one. :)

Bob

Good to hear from you Bob, I thought you dropped off the planet after Mt Dora. :smile:

Budmann
04-28-2004, 01:27 PM
Bob, did something happen to your boat?

Tidbart
04-28-2004, 05:00 PM
No Bud,
Still have it. It is up for sale, though. Time to upgrade.

Bob

Team Hula Girl
04-29-2004, 12:12 AM
Fishboy in - always have extra seats, extra boat sodas, extra slow top end.

Fish, as long as you have extra Bee.......Ahem....boat sodas, I don't think anyone will care about your slow top end.

You can count me in for the trip.

J Mitch

Donzigo
04-29-2004, 10:32 AM
Fishboy, you mind if I hitch a ride with you? John, maybe we can car-pool it together.

I'm getting a trailer made by capt. Jack, for the 33; but, my guess is that the Swannee is no place for the big boats - True?

Cuda
04-29-2004, 10:39 AM
Fishboy, you mind if I hitch a ride with you? John, maybe we can car-pool it together.

I'm getting a trailer made by capt. Jack, for the 33; but, my guess is that the Swannee is no place for the big boats - True?

There are some bigger boats than that in the river, but I wouldn't take my 302. A small boat is more fun on the river.

Captain Jack made my trailer too.

Cuda
04-29-2004, 10:40 AM
Donzigo, get Captain Jack to make one for DGII's boat. Did they have that baby yet? I saw him at Mar Vista Saturday, but it was when we were unrafting and I didn't get a chance to talk to him.

pmreed
04-29-2004, 10:50 AM
Room booked; will probably have plenty of space in the 22C.

Phil

Budmann
04-29-2004, 12:18 PM
T.B. Could you be refering to a 22 2+3 perhaps??? :eek:

Fish boy
04-29-2004, 12:22 PM
the more the merrier guys, I have lots of room, and a big cooler :beer:

gcarter
04-29-2004, 08:00 PM
Hmmmmm...
Things have been going downhill here.
My father-in-law is terminally ill w/prostate cancer and my wife is spending 4 or 5 days a week in Daytona w/ him.
My office manager's husband died Monday, and she probably won't be back to work for another week.
One of my service guys quit last week and I think I have replaced him but he still has to be trained.
One of my clerical types is going into our sales department, so she will have to be replaced.
And uh... Oh yeah, the boat isn't finished yet, although I'm making good progress.
So, unless I finish the boat and get to bring it, I probably shouldn't come.
I could always use that weekend to finish the Minx.

George...maybe the next time.

Budmann
05-03-2004, 08:39 AM
Wow...thought Donzigo fell off the face of the earth. Nice to see you interested in the Suwannee. Hey Richard, how come we haven't heard from Donzigo jr?? Is his 22 still together?? Is he going to the Suwannee?? Is he o.k.????

To the rest of you, we are going to have a blast! If you have kids, bring them. Also bring mask and snorkel. The springs are breathtaking. There is going to be a mini dive w/tanks. So those of you who dive, bring your gear. There is a spring called "Devils ear" (I think) way up the River that alot of local dive shops use for their deep open water dive. really cool down there.

Let me remind everyone again that there is only one or two places to get fuel. So make sure you fill it to the top(18's and smaller) so we don't have to pull anyone. You know that the Board would love to get there hands on those pictures. Oh don't worry... I will have the usual pictures of me pulling Fishboy! LOL :yes:

Can't wait to see everyone!!! :smileybo: :shades: :shades:

Fish boy
05-03-2004, 08:47 AM
Budmann,
you know you love towing my boat. That way you can go top speed in your 22 (6mph?) and have an excuse for not being able to pass the sail boats.

Suwanee is going to be a great time!!!

Cuda
05-03-2004, 08:48 AM
Bud, we just got back from the river last night. It's pretty low, but Debbie's dad will tell me where the sandbars are that we need to look out for. Generally I've found if you run on the outside corner of the bends in the river, the water is the deepest from being gouged out by the water.

Cuda
05-03-2004, 08:50 AM
I will have the usual pictures of me pulling Fishboy! LOL :yes:

In Fishboy's defense, the last time I saw him in a towing situation, he was on the pulling end! :D

Budmann
05-03-2004, 08:52 AM
Your right Cuda, run the flow of the river and you should be fine. Been on the River alot of years and think I know all the shallow spots by heart. (found them the hard way of course)

Tidbart
05-03-2004, 02:05 PM
I am bringing the dive gear. That sounds great, a Donzi/diving weekend. :rlol:

Bob

Cuda
05-03-2004, 06:24 PM
Debbie's daughter's and her father got thier certifications in Manatee Springs.

Budmann
05-07-2004, 07:43 AM
Sooooo Cuda does that mean you have your certification or is Debbie going down and you sitting on the boat with the towels. LOL :hyper: :hyper:

Cuda
05-07-2004, 07:46 AM
I'll be on the boat, no diving for this boy. If it was meant to be, I'd have been born with gills! :wink:

Do you have a general plan on which way we are going? I may get the Minx today.

Budmann
05-07-2004, 08:03 AM
That would be awesome!!! What we usually do is Sat. morning we get to the river by 9:00 A.M. We meet at Fanning springs. Get a wake up swim in the spring, and after about an hour or two we head up to Rock Bluff. Hang there for a while(swim, play,etc.) then head up to the Santafe. Go up the Santafe to Ishnutuknee.(how ever you spell it) Have lunch up there and hang out for a while. Then we start making ou way back down the river perhaps stopping off at the same springs, or maybe with this group we could go to a couple of the other springs. Put the boats up and clean up for dinner.

On Sunday we go all the way up to Troy Springs which usually takes a couple of hours because of gas stops etc. and dive Troy. Have lunch and head back. That way everyone gets home at a decent hour.

not the plan just a suggestion.

Can't wait. Really missing that old river.

Cuda
05-07-2004, 08:47 AM
Sounds great. Deb says the water is pretty shallow at the mouth of the Sante Fe. I'll stay behind you. :yes:

Here are a couple pictures we took last weekend at the Rock Bluff Bridge.

Budmann
05-07-2004, 08:52 AM
Yea, it wouldn't be the Suwannee if someone didn't touch bottom. Soft sand isn't to bad.

Fish boy
05-07-2004, 09:02 AM
CUda, that is great news about the minx. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Cuda
05-07-2004, 09:09 AM
CUda, that is great news about the minx. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Just because I'm getting it doesn't mean it's going to run. :crossfing

Budmann
05-14-2004, 10:24 AM
Sooooooo how many folks are booked???

BUIZILLA
05-14-2004, 10:40 AM
me :rlol:

Tidbart
05-14-2004, 06:18 PM
Ranya (new US citizen today :yes: ) and myself are booked.

I have a question, who is going to dive with me?? I am really looking forward to it as I have never dove a fresh water spring. Also, give me an idea as to how experienced a diver you are. I have about 150 dives under my weight belt and have Nitrox cert. Hopefully I will get another 15 or so this week as I am off to the Caymans in the morning.

Catch you when I get back.

Bob

gcarter
05-14-2004, 07:23 PM
Ranya (new US citizen today :yes: )

Bob
Congratulations to Ranya! :wink: :yes: :cool!:

George

J&K SHAHBAS
05-17-2004, 06:08 PM
Sorry guys not gonna make it. Ive got to be in indy that :frown: :frown: weekend.

Have a great time and take lots of pics.

Budmann
05-20-2004, 04:11 PM
WooHoo!!!! RANYA :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Last Tango
05-24-2004, 10:07 AM
CONGRATULATIONS, RANYA!

Okay, SEADOGs, AOTH is over. Some of you are still returning home, and some of you are totally bummed you didn't go. No problem. Boat stays on the trailer and you come to Suwannee! Still time to make your reservation. If you went to AOTH, leave the boat like it is. You want to show off all the dried water drops from driving under 59 Falls.
Others will need to create new dried water drops when they get to the river.
Either way, BE THERE!!!!!!!
And bring your Donzi Friends!

Scott Heidt
05-25-2004, 02:29 PM
CONGRATS RANYA! :)

Hey when is everyone leaving from the Tampa/ St. Pete Area. Is there a meeting place and time set so we can all go up together? I have room in the Durango for extra people and gear.

I may bring my dive gear if I can get it back from a friend in West Palm. :) :sombrero:

Budmann
05-25-2004, 02:37 PM
Scott... I think it might be nice to have a meeting place and all head up together. That way if someone has trouble we can assist.

Can't wait!!! I also took Friday off so we could all visit. Lets find out how many folks are able to go up Friday afternoon and set a meeting place. :outtahere :outtahere

Budmann
05-25-2004, 04:19 PM
M.P. Did you tell them you were with the "Donzi Registry"???

Scott Heidt
05-25-2004, 05:26 PM
What the heck is going on up there! (Tree Watcher Convention or Something!) Dam! I guess I should not have proscratinated!

What was the other place that everyone is staying? :bonk:

Good news. I am going down to West Palm this weekend to get my gear! Count me in for the Dive! I'm not Nitrox Cert. nor Cave Dive Cert. I'm just OLD SCHOOL CERT. (Before all those silly 10 minute safety stop rules etc.) :) Just give me some
Jacques Cousteau gear, something for the hangover, a speargun (Are Manatees in Season?) and a snickers and I'm good to go!

Heheh! Just kiddin. It should be fun!

Someone please post a phone number of the other hotel. Thanks!

Cuda
05-25-2004, 06:14 PM
Scott, did you get the Hornet all sorted out?

Scott Heidt
05-25-2004, 08:03 PM
Hey Cuda,

It's a long Long Story! For sure a topic for the June Trip!

The engine is totally apart and the block and heads are being magnafluxed. I have a top notch and honest mechanic. (Ex Nascar). He is very very detail oriented. We are shooting for the 4th of July Weekend! :) He is going to blueprint and balance the engine and also polish and port the heads. It should help with the horsepower alittle! :) Along with some other mods. Hey since its a total rebuild what the heck! :)

Gotta run! 24 is about to start!

Cuda
05-25-2004, 08:12 PM
So I take it we won't see that beauty on the Suwannee. :(

Budmann
05-26-2004, 05:47 PM
:shocking: :shocking: Well I just drove thru Suwannee town today. Stopped by and spoke with Rose. Seems Mary, a former employee deceided to drop any rooms for us, that were not reserved on the 21st. NICE!!! Yep... I will also be looking for a room.
Damn it!! Sorry gang. I'm going to look into a place called "Suwannee River Inn" Its a bed and breakfast right on the River. Beautiful home that a older women rents out on the weekends. Migth be a little pricey, but it doesn't sound like we have much of a choice.

Will advise after I have had a chance to look into the program.

BUIZILLA
05-26-2004, 07:14 PM
Bud, lemme know about the B&B deal, if you move the group over there, i'm in as well.

JH

Speed-Racer
05-27-2004, 08:37 PM
Attention all SEA DOGS who live in St. Pete/Sarasota, who are going to the Suwanne....

Does anyone have room for me to bump ride up to the Suwanne and back :confused: I already have room, and boat accommodations.

Thank You, Brandon

Budmann
05-27-2004, 09:44 PM
Speed... you are welcome to ride up with Donzi Jodi and I. We will most likley head up on Friday afternoon. I live just South of Tarpon Springs.(Palm Harbor) You can leave your car at my house or if you are not to far away, we can pick you up.

I will have the details on the Suwanee River Inn tomorrow. I'm in Pensacola right now, but will be heading back in the morning.

No matter what they throw at us we are doing the Suwannee.

:) She's that GOOD!!!!! :)

Scott Heidt
05-28-2004, 11:17 AM
Attention all SEA DOGS who live in St. Pete/Sarasota, who are going to the Suwanne....

Does anyone have room for me to bump ride up to the Suwanne and back :confused: I already have room, and boat accommodations.

Thank You, Brandon

Hey Brandon,

Just saw your post, I emailed you back, but I guess you didn't recieve it. I have been having problems with out company outlook program. I could also take you up. I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you. :) Let me know!

Scott Heidt
05-28-2004, 11:21 AM
I am up for leaving anytime Friday. I am taking the day off. Suawanee or Bust! I'll sleep in the Durango! and guard the boats! :)

Speed-Racer
05-28-2004, 12:41 PM
Budmann, and Scott Thanks for the ride offers.

Although I'm gonna head up with Scott. Scott you should have mail shorty.....

Thanks, Brandon

Scott Heidt
05-28-2004, 09:04 PM
Scott,

If you can get him to drop it off at my ofice off of Southern Blvd, I will bring it up for you.. Address in link below, just let me know so I can arrange for it to get here on one of our trucks...

Currently, I am looking at staying at the Best Western, HIxpress sold out :( Anyone familiar with BW, would you reccomend that or the Gables??

Hey whats the skinny on the Best Western! Procrastinating minds NEEEED to Know! :) Hey did you get my email on the bow light?

Cuda
05-28-2004, 09:07 PM
We will most likely stay at Debbie's daughter's house in Old Town.

Cuda
06-01-2004, 08:16 PM
Debbie's daughter said the river is very low. They had a party on a sandbar this weekend.

gcarter
06-03-2004, 06:26 PM
If you guys can make a decision about Saturday night dinner,i.e. time and place, I'll try to meet up with you for dinner.
Thanks;
George

Cuda
06-03-2004, 08:04 PM
The rain up in the Okefenokkee Swamp is what really makes a difference in the river. Even with the water low, there is plenty of water to get around in. I prefer boating it on low water than high.

Too bad you can't make it Scott. We'll be sure to inform the Gendarme of your absence. They make then just take the day off. ;)

Tidbart
06-07-2004, 06:51 AM
The weekend is coming soon :beer:

I want to know who is going to dive the springs on Sunday. :shark:

Have you ever dove there before?

How deep is it?

Tank rentals in the area? or bring it with you?

Bob

Budmann
06-07-2004, 08:11 AM
Tidbart... I have dove the Springs many times. Very safe. As Iosted before, they do local dive certifications there. Also anyone who needs a room let me know. When I drove through Suwannee last week, I found a "Beautiful Victorian B&B that is really resonable. 55.00 a night. Four roons left. My brother(Fishboy) and I are planning a party or three there.

Carter... I think we plan to eat at the Lighthouse acroos from Fanning Springs. Should be there somewhere around 6 or 7.

Scott Heidt
06-07-2004, 08:13 AM
I will just probably snorkel this one.

Budmann
06-07-2004, 08:16 AM
Scott...still need a ride????

Scott Heidt
06-07-2004, 08:20 AM
Yes Please! :boat:

I need the B&B number.

Scott Heidt
06-07-2004, 08:22 AM
When are you leaving Friday? Maybe I'll try to drive up with you guys!

Budmann
06-07-2004, 08:33 AM
We are leaving from Palm Harbor at 12:00 noon.

Scott Heidt
06-07-2004, 08:36 AM
Cool! I'll try to meet up with you guys!

What is the B&B name or number. I want to call today and get one of those rooms! I am the biggest procrastinator! :hyper:

Tidbart
06-07-2004, 08:37 AM
Buddy,
If you get a chance, give me a call at 321-436-5704
Thanks, Bob

Cuda
06-07-2004, 03:08 PM
We plan on leaving Friday from Deland.

Budmann
06-07-2004, 04:59 PM
Well I hate to say it, but I'm out of the Suwannee trip. Some of you may already know that my 12 year old son has been battling cancer for the last 4 years. Unfortunately things are getting bad. We just had to admit him into the hospital.

I know you all will understand and I appriciate any and all prayers.

Thanks

Bud

Cuda
06-07-2004, 05:07 PM
Family first Bud. We are sadden to hear this news, and will pray for him and your family.

ChromeGorilla
06-07-2004, 05:12 PM
My wife and I have both said a prayer for your son and for your family. God Bless.

Scott and Michelle Varsanyi

gcarter
06-07-2004, 06:47 PM
Bud, Elaine and I will be praying for your son and his complete recovery.

George and Elaine Carter

BUIZILLA
06-07-2004, 07:54 PM
May God bless him, as He looks over us all...

Jim & Janice

pmreed
06-07-2004, 08:21 PM
Family always comes first. My prayers are with you.

Phil

ToonaFish
06-07-2004, 11:10 PM
I just hate the damned beast.

Many prayers being said and, seriously, if there is simply anything we can do, say the word. Whisper it, type it, think it out loud, just let us know.

Bunches,

Celene 'using her inside line to the big guy'

Scott Heidt
06-08-2004, 08:21 AM
Bud,

Sorry to hear the news. Our prayers are with you and your family. The love of family and friends can work wonderous things. Your Donzi Family is sending you lots and lots love!

Take Care!

Scott Heidt
06-08-2004, 08:55 AM
Hey Brandon call me or email me. 813-257-2956/ Gatorone30@hotmail.com.

Thanks!

David O
06-08-2004, 03:25 PM
MOST IMPORTANT THOUGHT IS FOR BUDMANN AND HIS FAMILY
My Hearts with you, if you need anything let me know. I have given over 80 pints of blood products in my life, most going to cancer patients so Budmann when I say anything you need, ask. I mean it. Gene Schmidt and I also fly Angel flight missions using his company airplanes when we can so let us know if we can do anything.

River Trip
Just thinking out loud through this writing, I am wondering if someone was going to be in Gainesville this weekend with their Donzi and was looking for a place to go boating in the Suwannee River, would Fanning springs be a good place to go on Saturday Morning and or Sunday morning and possibly meet up with some other Donzi Owners. I wonder what time these other owners might be there or even if they will be there on the way to go diving in some springs. Seems like it would be a nice way to spend a Saturday if someone knew just when and where to meet up with the others.
How was that for stowing my questions?
David

Budmann
06-08-2004, 04:10 PM
David...call my brother (Fishboy) because he has taken the lead on when to meet where to go, etc.

His number is 727-455-5175

That goes for anyone else who is going.

P.S. Thanks everyone for the support. This is a great site with great folks. I hope everyone enjoys the Suwannee. I know I will miss this trip very much. She's a beautiful River!

Bud

Scott Heidt
06-09-2004, 12:26 PM
Hey Guys

I hate to impose, but does anyone have an open seat for the Suawanee Trip. Mad Poodle and Fish Boy were very gracious to offer a seat on their boats, but Poodle had to cancel and Fish Boy is probable, but not certain for the Suawanee Trip.

My engine is still being rebuilt. :( Anyone with an open seat let me know so I can figure out if I can go up on the trip.) I had offered to drive Speed Racer up for the trip, but if I get get on a boat I need to let him know, so he can make arrangements to get up there.

Thanks again! Let me know! :banghead:

Last Tango
06-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Scott, you are in big luck because I have an empty boat and would love to have you along for the rides this weekend (I also need the help at the ramp).
Speedracer also cancelled yesterday and he was going to be my co-pilot and roomate.
Wide open invitation to you to run with the Supreme Seadog (and I won't even force you to ride with me if I have to put up the Bimini during the weekend - hahahahah)

BUIZILLA
06-09-2004, 01:58 PM
Guys, I have to back out as well. I cancelled my room at the H-I Express if anyone wants it. I have a good friend driving down from Cleveland to buy my neato 4Winns on Saturday.

Now i'll have even more room for yet another Donzi...

J *shopping, shopping, shopping...what's next on the list?? *

Scott Heidt
06-09-2004, 02:02 PM
Thanks Mark! I'm in. Here is my cell number. I just noticed that I made a mistake when I previously posted my cell. It is 813-267-2956. I am taking Friday off, so let me know when you want to meet up. Also I had yet to make a reservation. (Procrastinators Anonymous Member). Let me know if you want to go halves on that room.

Give me a call or email me at Gatorone30@hotmail.com to coordinate.

Thanks Again!

Last Tango
06-09-2004, 02:18 PM
Scott,
Happy to split the room with you. I will leave Jax around 3:30 or so on Friday (gotta do the work thing for a bit before I head out for fun). I should have about a 2 hour drive or so to get to the hotel (Holiday Inn Express). I'll give your cell phone a call when I'm on the road and give you a better arrival estimate. My cell is 904-534-9928 - or varyak@aol.com
Glad you can make it!!!

Tidbart
06-09-2004, 07:37 PM
Everyone,
Ranya and I will be up there on Friday evening sometime. We are staying at the Suwannee River Inn. My understanding is that Scott, Phil, myself, and possibly Fishboy will be staying there. I guess there is the chance that we will lose our guide, but we will make due.
I still plan on diving on Sunday and I am really looking forward to it. I hope there will be others diving also. :alligator

See you there.
By the way, we will have cell 407-301-0349 with us. Take this number along as it may help us get coordinated.

Bob

Scott Heidt
06-10-2004, 03:26 PM
Hey all.

I love the fact that my job allows me to make a decent living and afford my Donzi, but sometimes it just plain sucks!

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it up to Suawanee this weekend. I just got out of our Design Team/ Owner's meeting and got blindsided with a mountain of work that is very time sensitive ( i.e. before Monday). :( Our project is on a very tight schedule.

I want to truly thank Last Tango, Fish Boy, and Madpoodle for being soooo gracious for offering to let me ride on their boats.

I truly hope I get to return the favor one day. You guys have a great time and take lots and lots of pictures. Tango I left a meesage on your cell.

Be Safe and Have Fun!

Last Tango
06-10-2004, 03:31 PM
No problem, Scott. We will miss you. The good news is that the SEADOGS have lots and lots of events still planned this year, so you have plenty of opportunity to join in later.
Work, work, work... PLAY!!!!!

Fish boy
06-10-2004, 09:15 PM
HI everyone,
I apologize for being awol for a little while. We are having some considerable family matters gong on right now, and on top of that, I got my cell phone wet and just got it replaced. I am sorry I have not gotten back to some of you who called, I will begin returning calls first thing in the morning.

After talking to Budmann a few minutes ago, I am back in for the trip to the suwannee. Having said that, I do not have anywhere the knowledge of the river that Budmannn or Cuda has an hope Cuda will kindly lend his assistance in getting us around the river.

From what I have read, it seems that there are still quite a few folks going and it should be a fantastic time! Tidbarts suggestion of doing the dives on Sunday sounds great. How many folks are bringing gear besides Bob Ranya and I? The springs are awesome so if you are on the fence about it, bring it, you wont regret it.

I pplan on heading up tomorrow aftedrnoon and will have my cell phone (working now) on 727-455-5175. Looking forward to seeing everyone and blowing off some steam! :biggrin: :beer:

Fish

Cuda
06-11-2004, 02:02 AM
I'm really not that familiar with that part of the river. When I kept a place there, it was at the mouth of the river, but I'm sure we will muddle through somehow. We are headed up tomorrow afternoon also. We will be staying at Deb's daughter's house, but will meet with anyone that wants to get together for a BS session on Friday evening or night. We'll have Deb's cell phone on. There may be some areas on our way there that the phone doesn't pickup, if that happens, just leave a message and a phone number. Debbie has a funeral to go to there tomorrow at 2 pm, so we should be there by then. Cell number is 727 798 2517.

Anywhere that we are meeting Saturday morning to put in?

Tidbart
06-11-2004, 07:13 AM
Fishboy,
Glad to hear you are still coming.
Ranya and I will still be bringing our gear, although at this time I am a tank short. Hopefully, there will be a dive shop in the area.
Also, Phil Reed spoke with a friend of his, actually 2, wife/girlfriend also, who wanted to come along for the weekend. I took the liberty of saying OK, shouldn't be a problem. He also has a hooka reg setup for his boat and wants to dive also.

We will there sometime this evening. Not sure exactly what time.

Hope to speak to you today.

Bob

ChromeGorilla
06-11-2004, 07:27 AM
Hope everyone has a good time this weekend....as I sit here with my 3 day weekend boatless.... :kaioken: Hurry up DONZI!!!!!!!!! :smash:

Fish boy
06-11-2004, 07:33 AM
Hope everyone has a good time this weekend....as I sit here with my 3 day weekend boatless.... :kaioken: Hurry up DONZI!!!!!!!!! :smash:

CG, hop in the car and come on down!!! There are always plenty of extra seats... A weekend of boating with a bunch of Donzis and good people sure beats watching re-runs of ponderosa wishing your boat was done. :boat:

Mapquest says it is about 175 +/- miles from st marys to suwanee. If you take the bike that should only take you about 55 minutes ;)

ChromeGorilla
06-11-2004, 07:38 AM
Wish I could...a friend of mine at work girlfriend got in bad car wreck in TX. He asked for leave for the weekend to go see her, but they said no because he has duty on Sat. and she is not family. Girlfriends dont count in military. So I am goin to cover for him tommorrow so he can see her. He'd do same for me so...anyhoo have fun every1. LMAO...my buddy is back from sea...already gave him the bike....I don't need any more uncalled for drama...hehehe

Budmann
06-11-2004, 11:54 AM
hey everyone... again i'm sorry I can't make it. The River is very friendly at the Holiday Inn should ask for the ramp west of them. If you are in the Mobil turn right and go west till you see a sign that sayes boat ramp. Its about three miles off of 19. The folks staying at The Suwannee Inn should use the Fanning Springs ramp. almost across the street from the Inn.
Have fun and boat safely.

pmreed
06-11-2004, 01:18 PM
Thanks, Buddy!

We'll miss you up there :frown: .

Phil

Budmann
06-11-2004, 01:45 PM
Thanks Phil, Everyone should try to meet at Fanning Springs around 9:00 according to Fishboy. Its an easy spring to find.

Mr X
06-11-2004, 02:55 PM
Buddy,
I just read the post. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Ted & Kathy

gcarter
06-12-2004, 10:33 PM
Well, Elaine and I came up to have dinner with you guys, stuck around till 7:00 PM. Finally a friend of Budmann's (Tom with a Z-28 ?) came in with his family and said the rest of you were still going up the river and you would be lucky to get back at 10:00.
So we went on to the Lighthouse and had a very pleasant meal. Nice trip up ande back.
Drove near where I had a head-on collision with two 16 year old girls about 18 months ago. Stupid teenage girls had the car only two days before totaling it by turning left immediately in front of me on a rainy day!! Both were talking on cell phones and neither one ever saw me.
Sorry I missed you guys, but we had a great day anyway.

George

ToonaFish
06-12-2004, 10:52 PM
Wasn't it supposed to be a three hour tour? A three hour tour?

Bunches,

Celene 'Ginger or Mary Ann: Seadog's next assignment'

Last Tango
06-14-2004, 08:31 AM
Celene,
All men have short term fantasies about Ginger. But for the long haul, they tend to prefer MaryAnn. Of course, once they are married, men often find out they have actually chosen Roseanne.

Last Tango
06-14-2004, 08:43 AM
I blame my failed weekend rendezvous with the SEADOGS squarely on SPRINT. I came, I saw, I left. Unable to get any sort of signal on my cell, :embarasse: I foundered around Friday night wondering when or where folks were REALLY staying (I was at the Holiday Inn Express as originally planned). :confused:
I finally threw in the towel and departed Saturday morning when I didn't see a single Donzi-size boat trailer at Fanning Springs (dozens of jet ski trailers - not even a fishing boat trailer). On my way back to Jax I did make contact with Phil, finally, just as I got trapped in traffic in Newberry while they had their annual Watermelon Festival Parade down the only street in town.
But I did manage to scope out a new waterfront restaurant on the St. Johns River in Palatka for the SEADOGS rendezvous there in November. :beer:

Fish boy
06-14-2004, 09:28 AM
Wow! What an awesome time! I am not sure really where to begin. The river was amazing, the springs were even more amazing, and I coul not have found a better group of people to run the river and spend the weekend with.

George, really sorry we missed you. We had a few "events" that really slowed us down saturday evening. Some with the Florida Fish and Wildlife comission, some with a gas station, and this guy named "rod" who decided he did not want to stay in my motor. :splat: Thanks Bob and Ranya again for the tow to Ellie May's campground. :biggrin.:

Cell phone coverage is pretty bad up there, but I think I speak for everyone when I say that this is definitely a great place to have Seadog events. There are so many natural springs to swim relax and dive in, all sorts of wildlife, and beautiful scenery- truly amazing!

Cuda, the minx looks awesome- glad to see it wet and it is always a pleasure to see you and debbie. :biggrin.:

Phil, great time shootin the chit with you, and please let me know where to get one of those amazing green lasers.

Also like to say a big thanks to Paul (owns the Undertow bar on St. Pete Bch for the tampa bay locals)- not a registry member, but brings his red 22 to a lot of events. He spent a lot of time making sure everyone's engines were working, showing us around the river, and making sure everyone had fun. :D

I will post pics as soon as I go back to my boat and get my camera- hope it is still there. THanks again everyone who came, and it was nice meeting many of you for the first time.

Fish

Cuda
06-14-2004, 10:21 AM
Yep, the cell phone coverage up there is sketchy at best.

Friday morning, Debbie and I took the Minx and the 20 Formula to the boat launch here near our house to swap trailers. That turned into a whole lot more work than I had thought, so now we were running behind schedule. Debbie wanted to be in Old Town by two o'clock for a funeral for her great uncle. We didn't make it until three. Of course since I was rushed leaving home, I forgot to write down anyone's phone number. I also forgot my camera. I called a buddy back in St Pete to look on the Donzi Registry and get the numbers for me.

We called and left messages on some of the phones, but you can't be sure they even went through with the lousy phone coverage. Finally, around 10 am Saturday, we got in touch with Fishboy. They were at the ramp across from Fanning. We told them we'd catch up. We launched and caught up with them at the sandbar near Hart Springs. After hanging out there for a bit, we headed up river. Phil said he met two other Donzi guys (non registry people I think) near the ramp and said they may be coming too. Deb and I headed up river slowly and it looked like everyone else was milling around the sandbar, I guess waiting to see if the other two guys were coming. Deb and I stopped at Turner Landing where some of her relatives were swimming and hanging out. We finally decided to go back and see if everyone else was coming. Of course as soon as we got up, everyone was headed towards us. :) That put us at the back of the pack, as we were running single file up the river. It was a blast running the river, it's so much different than running in the bay, you have to actually drive the curves instead of just running straight ahead. I only had maybe 20 minutes on the engine before we left, and a couple miles above Turner, the gremlins started showing up. The motor was making a noise, which I determined was a loose belt. We decided to turn back and try to make it to Turner and borrow a wrench from Debbie's uncle to tighten the belt. He brought us one, so the belt was tightened and we decided to head back to Fanning. Just off Turner, the motor started making noise again. That's when I decided that the pulley was warped. We limped back to Turner again and Debbie got a ride to Fanning to bring the truck and trailer back and we loaded up there.

Debbie's dad had put his fishboat in farther up river. He said he saw a bunch of Donzi's and asked where we were. From what he said, it sounded like Phil was having some sort of problem with his boat. We tried calling everyone to see if they needed us to bring a truck to give them a ride back to Fanning or anything, but we couldn't get through.

That night, Debbie and I ended up going to the Bear's Den in Fanning with a bunch of her relatives. I was already exhausted, and proceeded to hurt myself by over imbibing. :rolleyes:

Sunday morning we hooked up the boat and came home. I didn't unhook the boat or anything. I was completely shot out.

So, what happened to the boat Fish? If you need your boat moved up there, I can probably get Debbie's dad to tow it to his house for safekeeping.

Scott Heidt
06-14-2004, 03:46 PM
Sounds like everyone had a blast! I apologize for not calling back whoever called me over the weekend. The message was too garbled and my phone did not capture the cell number. :)

I heard Don...zi Re.... ...... ...... call.... ....we .... meet....

Fish boy
06-14-2004, 04:09 PM
So, what happened to the boat Fish? If you need your boat moved up there, I can probably get Debbie's dad to tow it to his house for safekeeping.

Thanks Cuda, I really appreciate the offer and also the offers of assistance with the ramp. As far as the boat, it went from vroooom... to clankty clank, ack ack clank, clackty clank... then I shut her down.

Not gotten a chance to pull the heads yet to get a better idea. 99% sure threw a rod, but shut it down as soon as it started sounding like clankty clank, ack ack clank, clackty clank so I did not end up with an exit wound in the block.

Still a mystery- running rich on my oil mixture, temp never got above 140 (the temp the thermostats open), checked the cooling every stop to make sure no debris, only turning about 3000 rpms (cruise is about 4200-4400 max is 5800-6000rpms) when it took a poop, and had not been over 4000rpms for the hour before that because I was running on fumes and wanted to make it to the gas station.

Anyway, after much drama at the ellie may campground ramp, I got it back to the hotel about 12:30am. Looks like I am going to be boatless for a while :banghead: :boggled: :frown:

Fish boy
06-14-2004, 04:11 PM
Scott, sorry you could not make it, it was a blast. Hope to meet up with you at the next one.

Fish

Scott Heidt
06-14-2004, 04:19 PM
Man that sucks! Well I have come to the conclusion that my Donzi is afraid of the water! :) It likes to stay in the dry cozy confines of the fiberglass shop and the machine shop! Ha!

We must all train our Donzi's to love the water! :boat:

Cuda
06-14-2004, 04:55 PM
Anyway, after much drama at the ellie may campground ramp, I got it back to the hotel about 12:30am. Looks like I am going to be boatless for a while :banghead: :boggled: :frown:

That sucks, we will save a seat for you anytime until you get your boat back in the water.

Did Phil have any trouble with his?

Cuda
06-14-2004, 04:59 PM
Fish, can you email me any pictures you took? I have a new email address: JGriffith10@cfl.rr.com. Thanks.

Tidbart
06-18-2004, 08:31 PM
Here are some photos from the weekend.
Sorry I took so long to post them.
A couple of most of the group at a spring, hanging out.
A few of us running the river, awesome place.
The B&B where we stayed.

B

Cuda
06-18-2004, 08:43 PM
Bob, do you go out often in the Orlando/Leesburg area? When we get completely settled in a couple weeks from now, we'd like to check out some areas around here.

Fish boy
06-19-2004, 09:09 AM
That sucks, we will save a seat for you anytime until you get your boat back in the water.

Did Phil have any trouble with his?

Thanks Cuda, and I also appreciate you and debbie checking to see if I could get my boat out at the ramp at fanning.

This single engine drama is becoming problematic. I think I am gonna explore putting twins on my boat. Won't help the engine, but they will look good in red bikinis while I am being towed. LOL

Tidbart
06-19-2004, 06:15 PM
Cuda,
We go out anywhere we can around the Orlando area. Get settled and we can try to hook up sometime for a run.

By the way, Phil did have a small problem with sucking up silt into the cooling sytem. This took about 2 hours to get cleared.
He wasn't the only one with problems, though. Paul and Lance, Buddy's two friends who graciously led us upriver, had a little run in with the H2O police. Jody's engine took a vacation. Then to top it off, as we went back to the ramp, I lost my alternator belt. It was after dark, the lights blinked a couple of times, I glanced at the voltmeter and it said about 9 volts. So I shut off the lights and ran the remainder of the way to the ramp in the dark. It was an interesting day to say the least. I would love to run the river again sometime.

B

Fish boy
06-19-2004, 09:08 PM
ran into lance, paul's sister, and of course NIKI... I think some of you will rember niki from snake island... any way, they are dying to do the suwannee again. BTW, Budmann, someone was looking for you REAL bad at shell Island... you REALLY SHOULD have been there!!!!

So, when is the next trip to the suwannee?

Fish boy
06-20-2004, 08:31 PM
What, your just swimming out to Shell Island now?? :D :D :D

LOL! Nah, I just have a Towboat US drag me out there.

pmreed
06-20-2004, 10:36 PM
Almost 200 posts for an event for which only 4 members showed up!! That's got to be a record :) . OK, make it 5, although Mark didn't get his boat wet. We gotta do this one again folks.

Phil

Cuda
06-20-2004, 11:01 PM
I'm ready anytime someone wants to head back up there. We should go towards the gulf next trip.

Budmann
06-30-2004, 09:15 AM
I have to go. Having withdraws. I think Donzi Jodi and I are going up sometime in July. Anyone who wants to go then call.

Bud Staples

Cuda
06-30-2004, 02:20 PM
I'm in for anytime after this weekend.