PDA

View Full Version : Projects in Steel

RickSE
04-02-2004, 02:03 PM
Dr. Dan asked about the car in my signature the other day.

Doc, it's not a 9-10 sec. car, at least not right now, best has been 11.82 sec. 116-MPH @ 1,300ft. elevation. The car and I go back quite a while. I originally bought the car in 1986 as a roller, no motor or trans. It was originally a 67' black on black SS-350 car.

As it sits now it makes about 470 HP with mostly no-frills factory GM parts. It's a standard bore 400ci SBC with cast 400 crank, 350 rods, flat top pistons and Bowtie iron heads. I try to keep the car looking as original as possible on the outside and have no plans to cut the car up any further, although I do plan to run it into the 10's soon. I like clean factory looking cars that can run hard. The interior is all original equipment except for the cage, belts and rear seat removed.

Here’s some photos. I'll try to put in chronological order.

Dr. Dan
04-02-2004, 02:24 PM
:idea: Wow...very cool...maybe I can hunt one down and find a new home for my 454? Very Nice...I love stuff like this...unfortunately with the price of Crates being so reasonable...its hard to justify the work into my existing 454 I would imagine...Buizilla & Co.... what would I have to do to keep my 454 and make it "Correct" in a car?

Intake,Carb,Heads, Exhausts, Crank, Cam, what else...

Thanks for the Post Rick

Doc :shades:

RickSE
04-02-2004, 02:30 PM
Here's one of the reasons why I have no money right now to make the Camaro run quicker. This is my wife's 1965 Oldsmobile Cutlass Convertible. This is an ongoing three year project that should be finished this summer. Everything will be new and restored to original including the original Royal Mist Blue color.