PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawk Gold Edition

Cdog
04-02-2004, 01:05 PM
I just purchased a Donzi Blackhawk Gold edition any body out there can give me any info on these boats. I here there were a low number made. How would I know what number hull that I have?

gcarter
04-02-2004, 02:30 PM
Welcome aboard!
There's a bunch of Blackhawk owners on the board, and one of them will be delighted to tell you everything there is to know about your boat.
I know on some models the hull number is the first set of numbers in the serial number. I'm sure there will be more to follow.
Can you really afford this hobby? LOL

Welcome;
George Carter

FASTEDDIE
04-02-2004, 04:07 PM
Give me a call at 518-668-4310

Dr. Dan
04-02-2004, 09:14 PM
:beer: Congrats

Doc :shades:

RedDog
04-02-2004, 10:39 PM
C dog - congratulations. What you are calling a "gold edition" I suspect is what is referred to as the "Limited Edition Blackhawk." Do realize I am not a Blackhawk expert but....

A "Limited Edition Blackhawk Donzi 22" would have black sides, bird on the front deck, gold trim, rocker hull, 502 Mec, k-planes(?), and be REAL FAST! - & of course a Blackhawk drive

Cdog
04-05-2004, 10:03 PM
:alligator Thanks Guys:Just one question are these boats a little hard to drive. Seems like I have loose steering at times?

Cdog
04-05-2004, 10:21 PM
Are there any guages for these boats anywhere in the world? I have speedo problems.

ToonaFish
04-05-2004, 11:24 PM
Are there any guages for these boats anywhere in the world? I have speedo problems.

Um, CDog, there is nothing wrong with your speedo. The Blackhawk really is that fast.

Congratulations and welcome aboard!

Bunches,

Celene 'and, yes, that really is your rooster tail all the way over in the next county...'

MOP
04-06-2004, 12:31 AM
I think you will muck your shorts a few times until you get the hank of it. Get some pointers from the pros that have had one awhile. Like anything Fast, car, bike, women they can all be a bit scary at times! Anyone that is not scared from time to time may just be dead!

Bad-Tat
04-06-2004, 09:30 PM
Cdog,
They are a bit hard to drive and you must pay attention to the changes in the water and stay ahead of it with throttle and tabs. Best thing is to leave the drive straight up and down at all times. Tabs full down to get up on a plane. Balance the boat side to side then as you add throttle bump up the tabs evenly. Walk them up slowly after you get to full throttle. It won't pull over 4900 until you get the props out of the water then the boat will get a bit loose once up on top. If it starts to porpoise you either have to drop the tabs or pull back the throttle. (FAST!)If you don't on about the third hop the stern will try and pass the front from the under side. Not a good feeling. Just ask Roadtrip about that one. The bow will ride about 12" higher than a normal 22 when flying. Lots of fun just work up to it slowly and you will get the hang of it. You might want to add grab handles for the rear seat passengers. They get a bit testy over 75 if you don't. :cistineb:

Ranman
04-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Thanks Guys:Just one question are these boats a little hard to drive. Seems like I have loose steering at times?

Quite possibly one of the most innocent, and at the same time funny, posts I've seen on the board in a while. :D :D :D

Welcome Cdog. That thar "gold edition" is a driver's boat for shore!

roadtrip se
04-06-2004, 09:57 PM
Bill has got it down with his description above. It was a beautiful thing running side-by-side with him at AOTH3 last year, but mastering it takes wheel time and patience...

A couple of more pointers:

--I have never trimmed one of these more than an 1/8, ever.
Try to run the boat trimmed higher and all you're going to do is stare at the sky.

--Pull the tabs out of the water slow and even or watch all hell break loose.

--Do not shift the boat from forward to reverse w/o a stop in neutral or you will be investing in drive parts.

--Anybody who intends to run these at high speeds should think about steering for safety and gimble preservation.

--One bounce yellow, Two bounce orange, three bounce RED!
I was shown one of these boats by the owner's widow one time. Read the water and control the boat.

There is nothing better than mastering the blackhawk. Best time I had at 1000 Island was the 8:00 run with Fast Eddie!
Bring that boat to AOTH4 and lets make it a Criterion and Blackhawk reunion!

Todd
"It's not an addiction, just an affliction!"

gero1
04-08-2004, 12:03 AM
i also just bought a 22 black and gold b/h, 1995 #007. you could not ask for better people than are on this site!! hope to see you in jamestown this year and meet the rest of you. fast eddie and dr.dan, and bill in ga where a great help to me. is someone going to help me put 007 in the water at a.o.t.h???

ToonaFish
04-08-2004, 04:39 AM
is someone going to help me put 007 in the water at a.o.t.h???

I believe that Digger's dually would be the optimal vehicle for such an auspicious launch. And I'm equally certain that we would all manage to be on hand at the ramp for that, um, er, ah, show.

Congratulations!

Bunches,

Celene 'did you watch Flipper as a kid?'

Dr. Dan
04-08-2004, 04:45 AM
:pimp: Robert ....Congratulations......Jamestown has a unique "Self Loading/Dunking Ramp" ...just ask Digger. :bonk: I am sure once you get there...and ya check in....you will meet many of the other Donzi Perverts...who will be more than happy to help you Splash your new Toy Boat...

Make sure you check the Plug....it's a deep Lake.... :D

Post Pictures of the Hawk when you are able.... :spongebob is it me or is there like a rampant sell the BlackHawk Fever going on Nationally? :rolleyes:

Eighteen months ago....it seemed like you could hardly find one...now there are all these Chicken Hawks hitting the water at once....? :spit:

:beer:

RedDog
04-08-2004, 08:03 AM
Gero1 i Is Lafayette near Dale Hollow? If so, the bass fisherman are going to just love your roostertail?

I'm over in Knoxville - hope to meet you at AOTH.

roadtrip se
04-08-2004, 08:10 AM
Obviously, you didn't listen to my two hours of advice over the weekend about slowing down, taking a ride, and making sure this is what you want; BUT this is a disease and you now have it in a big way!

You are in for one hell of a ride, so take it SLOW the first couple of times out!

See ya at Cumberland!

Todd

gero1
04-08-2004, 09:07 AM
you cant see those guys when they are behind you! yes i go to dale hollow every weekend,about 30 min from my house... yes i did listen to you very carefully but fast eddie said i could buy it and dr. dan said i could blame it on him so that means i am in the clear right?? :yes:

Bad-Tat
04-08-2004, 06:47 PM
Robert,
You are in the deep end now!!! :biggrin: Cumberland is going to be lots of fun!!! With so many rooster tails will there be any water left in the lake??
Dr. Dan, you are right about the number of Hawks popping up. Looks like some of them will actually get some hours on them after their long hibernation.