PDA

View Full Version : 22zx carpet

roadking
04-02-2004, 09:26 AM
any ideas on getting a carpet for a '99 22zx. I tried Donzi and Bilt-Rite, niether of them have the pattern.

Dr. Dan
04-02-2004, 10:06 AM
:bonk: Road Boy.... I live pretty close to you....I used Mohawk Commmercial Cut Pile Nylon Carpet...I made a pattern out of Card Board, bought a Snap Rivet Tool and put in my own snaps....its very durable, it looks great if ya have it bound at a Carpet/Flooring Store.

:spit: I work for Mohawk...so I have an advantage...but it is still cheap and durable on a Retail Level.

Look for Aladdin by Mohawk, Contract Style "Tenure 30 or 38" I only needed 6 lineal feet...I ordered 7' just for screw ups...it comes 12' wide so ya have plenty left to do other area...at only 9.33 yard(12 x 7 / 9 = 9.33yard) if they sold it to you for $15 a yard ...you're talking $150...for the material. Binding the edges is about $1 to $2 per lineal foot.

I purchased some Seam Sealer in a bottle at the store...I sealed the entire perimeter, and especially all cuts, angles...prior to the Carpet being bound.

Concerns about delamination are not applicable if ya remove it and let it air dry...we are on our 3rd season and it is awesome carpet...much tougher than the Marine Grade...

Private mail me if ya have questions.... :banghead:

I have been working with Mohawk for over 12 years....

Doc :biggrin.:

Scubado
04-02-2004, 01:15 PM
Have you tried to talk to donzi directly or your local Donzi dealer? I think the current cockpit is the same now as it was in 1999.

roadking
04-02-2004, 01:33 PM
I spoke with Donzi and they said they don't have the layout, but not the local dealer. I'm a little lazy for Dr. Dan's idea, although it would be cheaper.