PDA

View Full Version : Lake Lanier BBB Run

Tomahawk
04-02-2004, 06:25 AM
For the Donzi Owners of Georgia, or anyplace else for that matter, let's do our BBB (boats, burgers and beer) AOTH warm-up on May 2. Let's meet at Tom's Live Bait and Sushi Shop at about 11:30 AM and plan to head out on the boats at noon. We'll try going down lake this year, under the Islands bridge, do a lap of Lanier Harbor, run by the dam, Cocktail Cove for a few minutes and up the inter-coastal to our place for the second and third "Bs." Should be back at "The Shop" by about 2:00 for burgers and whatever. It's time to start getting seious about getting ready for we ride for real on May 20 to Lake Cumberland. :checkered
Our place is the grey, double boathouse very near the Balus Creek ramp near 6FC (Flat Creek). Please let me know if you plan to be there so we know to look for you.

olemissalum
04-05-2004, 10:54 AM
Count us in, but just make sure to not order the rain this year :eek:

Bad-Tat
04-05-2004, 07:29 PM
Olemiss,
You didn't like the water cooling last year?? We had a great later afternoon high speed run to the top of the lake last year!!

ToonaFish
04-06-2004, 12:15 AM
Ole Miss, that was just a little ole shower... heck, Bill throws more water around than that just getting on plane!

Bunches,

Celene "still got the grin from last year's run"

P.S. What can I bring? I've got enough ski bibs for everyone if it is chilly...

Tomahawk
04-06-2004, 08:33 PM
Forecast for May 2 on Lake Lanier is sunny and warm. Bring more "B" (3 beans and bikini, Baby) :wink:

CnV & Family
04-08-2004, 11:39 AM
Tomahawk...

You'd better stop neglecting your toy or you might find a teal 16 at Parks sitting in place of the 22 :eek: :wink: :biggrin.: because I've been driving by your pristine 22 for 7 days now... don't know how much longer I can resist 'upgrading'!!! :bonk: :banghead: :cool:

CnV n Family

Tomahawk
04-08-2004, 07:57 PM
I pick up the boat in the morning. Sounds like I better take a tape measure with. Thanks for the compliment Chris.

CnV & Family
04-12-2004, 08:21 AM
Tom,

Seriously, we thought they had a new teal 22C in last Saturday and we turned around to go look at it. We were ready to pop the cockpit cover off to look inside! It wasn't until I walked around the transom and saw 'Tomahawk" that I realized it was your boat we were looking at! :checkered

...So we had to slowly back away from the boat and resist removing the cover... :eek:

You really do have a very pristine and well cared for boat... Hope to catch up to you sometime and chit-chat for a short while.

-CnV & Family

CnV & Family
04-19-2004, 12:52 PM
Tom,

Email sent... :crossfing

CnV & Family

CnV & Family
04-23-2004, 07:06 AM
It's kind of funny (not really :rolleyes: ), but after 3 years of owning a Donzi... this is our first event to be able to attend :yippie: , but without our boat :bawling: . How messed up is that? :banghead:

Anyway... 9 days left! :hyper:

CnV & Family

olemissalum
04-26-2004, 04:06 PM
Tom, any idea on how many boats you are expecting??? We will be there, so there is 1 :biggrin:

springs
04-26-2004, 04:28 PM
Tom,
My wife will be here this weekend and through next week to finish up our house hunting. We don't have our boat here yet but would like to take advantage of the opportunity to meet everyone. If you would shoot me an email w/ directions and we'll stop by after you all return from the ride.

Thanks
-Marcell

Tomahawk
04-26-2004, 08:29 PM
Well Jim - there's you, then there's me. Joe P. leaked out on us but Randy, Bill and Skip (with his 28) have replied in the positive. CnV are going to drive over and I think Toona will make it as well. That's everyone that has replied, so far. Weather report this morning said rain Sat. and Sun. Tonite it says rain Sat and PC on Sun. I'll keep an eye on it this week.
Springs - I'll send you an e-mail tonight through the Donzi net. If you don't get it, drop me an e-mail at rtriggle@aol.com.
I have B & B on hand already so just a few B's to make this a good time.

olemissalum
04-26-2004, 08:50 PM
There may be another Donzi there. Met a couple a few weekends ago with a 98 28ZX that they had just gotten and were out enjoying it and told them about the BBB run, he goes by RFC on the board and hopefully he will make it.

ToonaFish
04-26-2004, 11:50 PM
I think Toona will make it as well. {snip} I have B & B on hand already so just a few B's to make this a good time.

All these bees give me hives.

I'm in like Flynn! Bought B(eans) and some Vidalia's tonight for the Lethal Weapon Salad... I'm covered with wood stain until the newly tinted skin exfoliates, but as long as y'all don't mind a striped bigmouth fish, count on the lil truck chugging up the drive around noon.

Bunches,

Celene 'think self tanning lotion will cover Dark Walnut Minwax?

ToonaFish
04-27-2004, 08:19 AM
Eleven thirty, I meant I'd chug at eleven thirty.

Bunches,

Celene 'subliminally late'

rustnrot
04-28-2004, 09:55 AM
Mark W and I from Augusta are seriously considering coming over from Augusta, GA with his Blackhawk. Send me an email with a phone number so I can talk to Tomahawk or whomever about it. Thanks Tom

Tomahawk
04-28-2004, 06:07 PM
Toona - no chugging until after noon.
Rusty - I'll shoot you an e-mail when I get home tonight

olemissalum
04-29-2004, 08:48 PM
OK, they are calling for rain. Will it rain on this weekend 2 years in a row???

Bad-Tat
04-30-2004, 06:22 AM
Olemiss,
The rain is supposed to stop in the early AM on Sunday according to Karen.

olemissalum
04-30-2004, 04:34 PM
Tom, could you post directions to Balus Creek launch. If it is raining, would like to use the launch right by your house. Thanks

Jim

ToonaFish
04-30-2004, 06:17 PM
I can guarantee it won't rain... I've planted a gazillion vegetables that desperately need the water.

If I'd really been smart, I'd have planted them at Tom's.

Tomahawk
04-30-2004, 07:46 PM
Ramp is at Balus Creek Park. From Atlanta, I-85 north to I-985 north to Exit 16 (Mundy Mill Rd/Hwy 53). Turn left from the off ramp onto Mundy Mill. Head west toward the lake. About 3 miles to a traffic light at McEver Rd. Turn right (north) on McEver then a quick left at the light on Mountain View Rd. Balus Creek is at the end of the road, about 2 miles ahead. :umbrella: :crossfing

ToonaFish
04-30-2004, 09:01 PM
Thirty-three cups of the Three B Salad began fermenting this afternoon... we should be able to use it as fuel by Sunday. :hyper:

olemissalum
05-01-2004, 01:02 PM
Tom, not looking good for the southside Donzi crew. 150 mile roundtrip for a 90% chance of rain :( :( May have to take a raincheck and look for you guys next weekend. Will keep an eye on the weather and see if it will change

Jim

Tomahawk
05-01-2004, 08:20 PM
Not looking real good is it. RustnRot and Mark called with regrets as well. I may have discovered how to start a thunderstorm. This may be a BB deal at best. We'll be here watching the sky. :banghead:

ToonaFish
05-01-2004, 08:27 PM
It won't rain. It can't rain. I only completed step one of Meguiar's three step program. And step one does nothing for the stench of compost. So rain would be my lil truck's friend.

Therefore, it will not rain. And I will smell funny. :D

ToonaFish
05-02-2004, 10:00 PM
Hmmh, there's the Riggles' cove, there's Tom's Bait and Sushi Shack, there's some Donzi fanciers, there's plenty of sunshine...

So, where did they hide the Donzi's???? :D :D :D

Thanks for a great time as always, Tom and June!!! Will post some pics tomorrow...

ToonaFish
05-04-2004, 05:37 PM
Dining during the rainstorms...

olemissalum
05-04-2004, 06:03 PM
Sorry that we were absent. Tom, deck looks great!!! We are going to be on Lanier this weekend and will stop by and give a holler

Jim

ToonaFish
05-04-2004, 06:39 PM
Still raining...

ToonaFish
05-04-2004, 06:45 PM
The sun came out!

ToonaFish
05-04-2004, 06:54 PM
Last port of call... Tom's Bait and Sushi Shack.

Digger
05-05-2004, 06:53 PM
sorry the weather didn't work out for you guys, but I'm sure all had fun anyway!

Bad-Tat
05-05-2004, 07:18 PM
Digger,
We had a super time and many thanks to Tom and June for hosting this what has become an annual event. 'Course would have been much better for the fabulous bean dish to be in time for lunch!!!

Digger
05-05-2004, 08:28 PM
does that mean TOOOONA was late? :outtahere:

ToonaFish
05-05-2004, 11:30 PM
It means that Toona wisely timed the arrival of the Bean Salad to ensure detonation long after riding on Bad Tat. Little did she know that Bill is skeered of a little ol' water in the air. :rolleyes:

Besides, it made a festive dessert. Even if it wasn't teal.

Bunches,

Celene "thinking that raindrops at 80 would make a kicky kind of dermabrasion"

Jerry Eisele
05-06-2004, 04:49 AM
Toona, great shots!!! Looks like you guys had a super :stan: time.

Tomahawk
05-06-2004, 05:21 AM
It was good to see everyone and talk and tell tales about Donzi exploits. Good to meet Springs and Bianca as well as Chris and Vickie of CnV fame.
Wouldn't you know, it hasn't rained since and the forecast for this weekend is full sun and 89 degrees. Ole Miss - stop by anytime but we won't be home most of Saturday - company picnic and the Braves game. We'll be here Sunday PM.

olemissalum
05-06-2004, 01:21 PM
Tom, sounds good as we are planning on coming to the lake on Sunday instead of Saturday anyway. Just don't plan a cookout at your house and the weather should stay nice :rlol: :rlol:

CnV & Family
05-06-2004, 02:53 PM
Tom,

Do you think the lady who was at the party and her husband might want to buy our boat.

I really need to sell it.

Victoria/GA

springs
05-06-2004, 03:04 PM
Tom,
Just wanted to say thanks for a great gathering on Sunday. It was great to put a face with all the names. A beautiful home and terrific company. Can't wait to get the boat here.

Celene,
The bean salad was worth the wait!

olemissalum
05-06-2004, 06:37 PM
Springs, how much longer until the boat is here??? Also, I have been trying to beat your Bloody Pingu score and can not do it, it is killing me :angryfire :angryfire

springs
05-06-2004, 07:05 PM
We plan to make an offer on a house first of next week. I should get the bottom end back out of the machine shop in the next two weeks. So by the time we close on the house I hope to have it here. Two months tops.

If you know how long it took me to get that score you'd feel sorry for me and not try to beat it.

olemissalum
05-06-2004, 07:59 PM
Are you guys going to buy near Allatoona or Lanier??

And if you knew how much time I have wasted trying to beat it, we could feel sorry for each other :beer: :beer:

springs
05-06-2004, 08:10 PM
We'll be a little closer to Lanier. We decided to stay close to the city because of my commute. We found a house in Gwinnet county on the outskirts of Stone Mountain. Alot of house for the money.

olemissalum
05-06-2004, 09:34 PM
Cool, if you guys need any help lifting or moving in shoot me a PM and would be glad to lend a hand. When I moved to ATL had no one to help not knowing anybody so would be glad to help if I can.

Jim

springs
05-06-2004, 11:22 PM
Thanks Jim

Hopefully the moving company should handle the bulk of it all but we could have a few beers and show them where to set it down.

olemissalum
05-07-2004, 10:08 AM
I am always in for a few cold beers :yippie: :yippie:

bsprings
05-11-2004, 09:15 PM
tom,

I just wanted to thank you and June for inviting us over Sunday. The food was great and so was the boat ride. It was great meeting everyone. Thanks again for such a good time.