PDA

View Full Version : Hail Britania.....

Team Jefe
04-01-2004, 05:38 PM
Well it just became official. I have been assigned TDY to our plant in Yorkshire.

I am heading to the Land of Tea and Crumpets for about 4-6 weeks.

I am currently sitting in a meeting on one project, I fly out tonight to New Orleans for another project and leave Saturday afternoon for at least a month in the UK on a third project.

SO, do we have anyone near Leeds in Yorkshire, or Harpenden. I will be pretty tied up most days, but evenings and weekends are free.

Woodsy
04-01-2004, 08:19 PM
Don't worry Jefe... We bandits will be more than happy to take care of AJ for you.... Have some fun at the circus for me!

Woodsy Von Outboard

MOP
04-01-2004, 09:00 PM
I don't know about Yorkshire but Blackpool was a blast, yeah that was just a few decades ago. But would love to go back!

MOP

Fish boy
04-01-2004, 09:47 PM
Jefe,
sounds like fun. Make sure you tune in the tele at least once to the "Da Ali G Show" while in Tea and Crumpetville.

Fish

Team Jefe
04-04-2004, 11:49 AM
Well I'm here. It is 10deg C, raining and the wind in blowing at gail force, but other than that its OK.

9 hours on a contenintal 777, the 3 hours layover in Amsterdaam, followed by the short hop to Leeds. We are at the Radisoon SAS Leeds.

Its "good" to know that I have so many friends willing to take care of my little girl while I'm gone.....just remember I am coming back.

I'll be in touch.

txtaz
04-04-2004, 12:03 PM
OK, so I make it back to Texas with the boat and you take off to the UK. It's OK, the boat is in the shop getting all the fine tune things done, pampered, babied, spoiled. Like running a little cool, change all fluids, and fix the friggin skeg that I broke the first day on the water with it.
We are heading to California for a few weeks to meet the future wifes parents while the boat gets fixed and we would like to hook up with some locals for a boating weekend. Let us know.
Have a good time there and say "Howdy" to the locals for us.
Wes

roadtrip se
04-04-2004, 10:35 PM
Scot and I were working on the photo shoot showing us and Amanda in the sun at the boardwalk, but we just weren't evil enough to do it.

Saw the Camaro ride, very cool.

I'll be back to Houston in mid-May. Hope we can hook up. We are way overdue for a cocktail.

Todd

Team Jefe
04-05-2004, 06:28 AM
Mid-May....That's about the time I'll be getting back to Houston :rolleyes:

Too Bad on the where's Jefe photo shoot. I know AquaV was looking forward to it.

Back to work