PDA

View Full Version : Speedo Pick up on BRAVO 1 outdrive

TBroccoli
04-01-2004, 02:50 PM
I took my new (to me) 22 Classic 1996 out last weekend for the first time. Un-be-lievable!!!! I only had a few problems. My dash mounted depth finder was reading 45ft most of the day (river is no deeper than 15ft) and the speedo showed no life. Wiring looked ok. I followed the tube into the outdrive and now I am lost. Can anyone tell me where it is suppose to pick up a reading? I also notice I need a new exhaust flex hose. I still can't set my trailer bunks to my satisfaction. Any help with pics would also be appreciated.

Greg K
04-01-2004, 03:01 PM
The speedo tube is probably clogged. Someone on here should know the drill size that fits it. Common occurence at AOTH for some.

MOP
04-01-2004, 05:30 PM
T there is a little hole in the front of the drive, a thin stiff wire usually gets the junk out, trailer guys have a bigger problem with the stuff drying and getting hard.

Phil

Hotspare
04-01-2004, 05:50 PM
A 12" long 3/32 bit is the one to get ..... Lost my speedo indication last year at Cumberland, and found it packed with wood ..... That was the only thing that would get it out ... Don't use anything larger, or it will deform the hole ...

MOP
04-01-2004, 08:21 PM
Many times you can get away with letting the drive soak in a tub or small garbage can for a few days to soften the junk.

Phil

KRAVEN
04-01-2004, 08:26 PM
If the boat is on the trailer raise your drive.Follow the cavataion plate to the front of the drive and you will see a silver tear drop shaped piece with the speedo tube connected to it.If you rotate the piece 1/4 turn you can remove it from the drive and backfush with water.They do tend to plug with mud and other debis.

TBroccoli
04-02-2004, 08:08 AM
Thanks to everyone for their input. I've found the tube connection on the outdrive and removed it. It was full of mud. I cleaned it and put it back together. Hopefully that was the fix. Thanks again.