PDA

View Full Version : '05 Classic 22 - 525 Poker Run Edition

Last Tango
04-01-2004, 11:43 AM
Donzi Marine website now has pictures, specs, performance data on the '05 Classic 22 with the 525EFI motor. Called the Poker Run Edition, boat comes in the usual hull colors but has checkered flag graphics on the bow stripe and over the aft section of the sides and flowing up onto the the engine cover, split jet windshield like the 38ZR, K-Plains, external steering, instrument pod on the deck inside the driver's side windshield. Monster Gauges for tach and speedo with colored rims to match the hull collor. Front seats have high backs and racing style seat and shoulder belts. Rear seats have lap belts and SS grab handles. Engine cover has high bump for engine clearance and fresh air intake directly to the K&N airfilter. Outdrive is the Bravo 1 ZR. Price is actually less expensive that the Anniversary Edition 22C with the 500EFI.
To see all the goodies, go to www.Donzimarine.com click on the table of contents and go to page 141 (click on the lower right hand corner to get to page 2 of the contents, on the words Donzi Marine Contents).

Rootsy
04-01-2004, 11:51 AM
wow.. optional 750 Sterling???? kick butt... :eek!:

JR - where's my checkbook!

GEOO
04-01-2004, 11:54 AM
With an option for an Arneson Drive. WOW!!
I guess Chris did have some effect on the company.
:propeller

Dr. Dan
04-01-2004, 12:15 PM
:spongebob Awesome...did ya see the Options Sheet...I guess I reacted too quickly and started my current Project?

I really like the Graphics...first updated version that was not tacky and obnoxious...like some of the Zaney Formula Graphics ya see today...

I like those Swept Back Equal Tube CMI's on the 525's....I have never seen Seats like that I wish they would make those available for after market purchases.....

Thanks Mark

Very Cool

Doc :beer:

rayjay
04-01-2004, 12:22 PM
Can someone send the URL for this page? I'm sitting here drooling and I can't get to the second page of the contents.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

rayjay

mattyboy
04-01-2004, 12:27 PM
I had a little trouble getting in but WOW :eek: is that one
Boat!!! doesn't look like a classic at all, this is gonna upset the
purists but all things must change

Matty

Dr. Dan
04-01-2004, 03:17 PM
:cool: Are you guys on the old page or the newer one, that has the Performance and Engineering Section...it's right there and they show schematics and even some mold work models I would guess.

Must be in the newer AMH Facility... :shades:

I am going to start saving now so when they come off the Line I'll be ready......

Perfect timing...right along with the new Cobra Convertible Mustang... 2005 is going to be awesome.

Mark we gotta talk...what color(s) did you like? I especially like the Selecta Graphic ...gives ya a chance to visualize your actual finished Hull and how it will look.

Thanks Again Mark... :cool:

Doc :puke:

Last Tango
04-01-2004, 04:15 PM
Dr. Dan,
I played with the Selecta Graphic thing for a while. Pretty cool! I think the 4 new hull colors in addition to the standard 5 are nice, especially the light green and the purple. I know somebody up north is gonna cry "plagerism" when he sees that orange one. I'm not sure what that other color is - maybe my computer screen is funky with it whatever it is (Black Pearlescent?). However, I'm kinda stuck in a rut on red, though, since I ordered my 2005 GTO convertible almost the same red. We will really look good together showing up with a pair of 22 525 PRE's and two state of the art retro tow vehicles. The custom trailer option at the bottom lets you match the trailer color to the boat. 4 wheel disc brakes with remote sensor on the dash. I'm gonna pass on the Nakamichi Hurricane sound system. Did you notice the "notch" in the middle of the dash between the windshield openings? Looks like they made more storage or a low cuddy or something there. Not quite sure, but there is a step in front of it.

Ed Donnelly
04-01-2004, 06:16 PM
Could someone explain SLOWLY how to get to the 2005
I can't get there from here.Its a bitch being old...Ed

JimG205
04-01-2004, 06:56 PM
I can't get in either $%#@*&*^%^&-Help !!!

Last Tango
04-01-2004, 07:09 PM
If you are having trouble getting to the site, try this link:
http://www.wx.com/customize.cfm

MOP
04-01-2004, 07:46 PM
Damn been fooling with this all afternoon! Why did'nt you say to hold the shift key down, my damn pop up stopper would not let it open!

AWSOME!

RickR
04-01-2004, 07:51 PM
WOW! Only $34,495
94MPH :yes:

Mr X
04-01-2004, 08:01 PM
I talked with Josh Sickles today about it,
I sent a deposit to them for hull # 2
He said hull #1 was spoken for and going to raced in Italy!!

Mine should be done by june 1st!!
I am getting the optional "Flip Flop" paint .......

Very cool!! Cant wait!

KRAVEN
04-01-2004, 08:16 PM
April Fools! :( :angryfire

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
04-01-2004, 08:22 PM
Had me going.. Bryan

mattyboy
04-01-2004, 08:32 PM
called the factory for the low down
seems like 8 have been ordered and 4 are going to lk geneva and 4 are going to Tuxedo NY?????
BTW
here's the link to the pics of the boat
http://www.eyemafool.com

Matty :chilipepp ;) ;) hehe

Last Tango
04-02-2004, 08:41 AM
Thanks to everyone who played and enjoyed the game yesterday. Now we need to work hard on Donzi to come up with a boat ( and a website) like that.

rchevelle71
04-02-2004, 09:33 AM
You Guys SUCK,

I am a new guy here, and you really had me goin, especially with the $34,495 comment!!!

Oh well, it was fun dreaming :cussball:

westwick99
04-02-2004, 10:26 AM
Okay, you guys are somethin' else. Your timing couldn't have been better! I've been walking around for the past few weeks imagining a Classic 22 with a stepped hull and updates and stuff (too much free time) and there you come up with the 'Poker Run Edition'.
I completely fell for it... and was late getting home for dinner, too.

mattyboy
04-02-2004, 10:40 AM
Okay, you guys are somethin' else. Your timing couldn't have been better! I've been walking around for the past few weeks imagining a Classic 22 with a stepped hull and updates and stuff (too much free time) and there you come up with the 'Poker Run Edition'.
I completely fell for it... and was late getting home for dinner, too.

wuhh!! hold on april fools is over and a joke is a joke,
but a classic with a step hull!!! is no joke ;) :)

I think it was ty webb who said
a donut with no hole is a danish and a
classic with a step hull is no classic :tongue:

Matty

Last Tango
04-02-2004, 10:59 AM
Actually, I never meant to refer to the step as being in the HULL. But since you took it that way, I'm even more flattered at the concept. However, I too agree that a step in the hull of a 22C would be blaspheme! And probably a poor idea anyway. I understood at my last factory visit that they tried a couple prototypes that way but they didn't work well. Which goes along with something I read in a magazine recently that boats under 26 feet do not respond well to hull steps.
In my mind I was actually visualizing a step as in foot step that blocked my "view" of the larger opening under the foredeck. I actually wanted to put a post of a shot of the cabin area of my Z3250 to "show" what was beneith the deck, but I didn't want to make it too unbelievable. The price is wayyyyy toooo low considering a 525EFI and Bravo ZR alone retail for about $65,000 per package. And I remember Bryant telling me those jet cockpit windshields they get for the 38ZR are about $15,000... each... and then they cut 'em down!!!!

MOP
04-02-2004, 12:18 PM
LT It rates a major Bravo, well done! A few responed but far more were scratching there heads and beating the hell out of the Donzi Site! :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

westwick99
04-02-2004, 12:46 PM
wuhh!! hold on april fools is over and a joke is a joke,
but a classic with a step hull!!! is no joke ;) :)

I think it was ty webb who said
a donut with no hole is a danish and a
classic with a step hull is no classic :tongue:

Matty
I guess you're right. There are limits to what one can do to a Classic- I mean I've got one of the OMC era 16s for cryin' out loud. To blaspheme is human but to catch air is divine.... :cistineb:

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
04-02-2004, 09:24 PM
The factory has to be too busy to play games, I know a gentleman whose ZX went back......
We hope for a positive outcome on his new '04 ZX....
Bryan Tuvell

Jerry Eisele
04-03-2004, 05:46 AM
You had me going with 50lb. test!!! :shark:

Shanghied Again
04-03-2004, 05:42 PM
Thats why I kept out of it. New there wasn't anything happening until the dealer meeting?