PDA

View Full Version : Need Help finding trim switch please

BS
03-31-2004, 11:18 AM
I have a 1988 Donzi Crossbow with a cracked trim switch. It is a Carlingswitch model LT-2581-111-012. Carlingswitch wants to sell them 11 at a time with a 6 - 8 week lead. I would like to buy 2. If anyone knows where I might find them, I would really appreciate the info.

Thanks
Bill

BS
03-31-2004, 03:53 PM
I don't have a picture. The boat is in a marina at the lake of the ozarks having the port engine rebuilt and some gel coat work being done.

Bill

MOP
03-31-2004, 04:00 PM
Bill did you check you PM's

BS
03-31-2004, 05:41 PM
Bill did you check you PM's
Thank you, I did and sent Frank a private message.

Thanks again,
Bill

Kirk
03-31-2004, 09:39 PM
BS,

Perhaps I could help....

I used to work @ Carlingswitch and have a few friends there. Looks like the p/n you have is valid but please confirm for me.

You mentioned that you need two...I should be able to get them at :cistineb: "NO CHARGE"

Please give me your details and I can send them to you!!

Hope that helps!!

KJ

:cistineb: PS. Poodle if you need switches let me know as it looks better if I grab as few lots when I go ask for a favor. Just need the p/n and we are good to go.

BUIZILLA
03-31-2004, 09:56 PM
switches???

did someone say SWITCHES ?????

as in Criterion SWITCHES ???

J :pimp:

BS
04-01-2004, 08:15 AM
[QUOTE=Kirk]BS,

Perhaps I could help....

I used to work @ Carlingswitch and have a few friends there. Looks like the p/n you have is valid but please confirm for me.

You mentioned that you need two...I should be able to get them at :cistineb: "NO CHARGE"

Please give me your details and I can send them to you!!

Hope that helps!!

KJ

KJ,

I really appreciate the help, according to the mechanic they are Carlingswitch p/n LT-2581-111-012.
My address is:
Bill Stark
4301 Shawnee Mission Pkwy
Fairway, KS 66205
Please let me know any cost involved and I will reimburse you.

Thanks a million
Bill

BS
04-01-2004, 08:24 AM
My 92 Donzi used the contura rockers as shown here (http://rocker-switches.carlingtech.com/index.asp) on Carlings website. They are available from a number of sources marine supply sources including Livorsi... Check your local boat store, they can most likely get them for you. My supplier stocks them in black and white last time I checked, they are a pretty common item...
MadPoodle,

Unfortunately I have to depend on the mechanic because I know nothing about this stuff. He said that he had a donzi owner buy the minimum of 11 switches last summer so that he could have two for his boat, but he has not been able to get ahold of him. There are probably other models that would work but I have no idea what they would be.

Thanks for the help
Bill

gcarter
04-01-2004, 09:44 PM
BS;
Try this link;

http://stores.ebay.com/Mear-Image

They seem to havew the switch you want, $8.25 plus shipping.

George
P.S.; Goodness, somebody here older than me... besides MOP.

BS
04-02-2004, 05:28 PM
BS;
Try this link;

http://stores.ebay.com/Mear-Image

They seem to havew the switch you want, $8.25 plus shipping.

George
P.S.; Goodness, somebody here older than me... besides MOP.

George,

Thanks for the link, but my switch looks more like this

gcarter
04-02-2004, 06:34 PM
OOPS!!
Sorry :banghead:
Well if you ever wanted to change them all, these folks seem to be pretty good.

George

BS
04-04-2004, 08:15 AM
OOPS!!
Sorry :banghead:
Well if you ever wanted to change them all, these folks seem to be pretty good.

George

Hey,
I appreciate all the help. I can't believe that there aren't a couple of these switches out there somewhere.

Thanks again,
Bill

RickR
04-04-2004, 01:39 PM
Service is sometimes slow but
http://www.expediter.com/index.html
They sell trailer parts but also have a selection of General (1995 Donzi /rotoswitch) and Carlingswitch.

BS
04-07-2004, 08:17 AM
Service is sometimes slow but
http://www.expediter.com/index.html
They sell trailer parts but also have a selection of General (1995 Donzi /rotoswitch) and Carlingswitch.

Rick,

Thanks for the link, unfortunately they have the newer style rocker switch rather then the older toggle switch.

Thanks again for the help.
Bill

Kirk
04-08-2004, 02:02 PM
BS,

I finally spoke to by buddy @ Carlingswitch and asked him to sample me TWO of the switches that you need. I gave him the p/n that you posted earlier in this thread....LT-2581-111-012

I should have the SAMPLES in a few weeks time and will forward along to you.

Hope that helps,

KJ

Digger
04-08-2004, 06:52 PM
you could also try West Marine www.westmarine.com or Boat US www.boatus.com, if you dont see what you need on-line or in their catalogs call their tech reps and they will take care of you.

The rubber coating on my Carlingswitches, which came stock with the boat, have deteriorated to the point that the switch surfaces have become gummy and leave residue on your fingers. So if you go Carlingswitch I would recommend getting the hard plastic switches w/out rubber coating.

gcarter
04-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Well, several at least!
I was in Daytona today, wandering around in Surplus Unlimited (386) 259- 5019, fax (386) 254- 4833, www.surplusunlimited.com, in the back looking for a number of items for my Minx, when I found two small panels complete with this type of Carling (toggle) switches.
One panel had about three or four switches with matching circuit breakers and wireing, the other had about six switches w/ circuit breakers. The smaller of the two panels was about $25.00, the larger panel was about $50.00.
In case you call the panels were hanging on a column in a room directly behind the counter.
I can't tell you for sure one was a trim switch (but I believe it was) but if you call, they can tell you.

George

BS
04-12-2004, 10:13 AM
George,

I called the surplus store and they had a couple switches by a different mfg. that they thought would work, so I ordered them.

Thanks,
Bill

BS
04-12-2004, 10:16 AM
KJ,

I just ordered a couple of switches from a different mfg. that might work. I would still appreciate having the right switches if you wouldn't mind sending them to me. Let me know any cost involved.

Thanks,
Bill

BS
04-12-2004, 10:17 AM
To All,

I really appreciate all the responses to my plea for help. You guys are the best.

Thanks again,
Bill

doug hess
04-13-2004, 09:15 AM
There are many vendors of these switches competing for the same volume OEM business. Start with the your panel hole size, function (Momentary On-Off-On, sometime called Center Off), Poles D.P.DT etc.

A good source is http://www.allelectronics.com/ They even have a Carlin listed, Cat #RS-116 They are also a good source for the relays and micro switches used on boats.

rickrsbro
04-13-2004, 10:30 AM
these guys are pretty fast and reasonable.

boat specific breakers and switches (http://cmsquick.com/index.html)

BS
04-28-2004, 08:57 AM
I called Custom Marine and those guys are amazing. I had the correct switches shipped to my mechanic and he had them two days later.

I will get to pick the boat up Friday. I am anxious to see how see runs since I had the port engine rebuilt.

Thanks to everyone who responded and for all the help.

Bill