PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Air Show ( Sunday ).

Sport
03-31-2004, 09:01 AM
Hey, is anybody planning to go to the air show at MacDill AFB ( Tampa ) on Sunday ? I am taking the family out at around 11 a.m. from St. Pete Beach. To many people going by auto, we are definetly going by boat. Me and Leslee are going out for drinks Friday for sunset, thinking about going to The Hurricane. Anybody want to meet up and join us ? Until then I will be cleaning all this nasty pollin off the boat ! *%@^$*(!!!!!.

Hey Donzigo, I saw you Saturday. Both of the Donzi's were looking good !

Sport

Fish boy
03-31-2004, 09:18 AM
Hey sport,
welcome to the donzi registry. Where on SPB do you live? I am at the north end across from mulligans. Did not know about the air show this weekend but will try to work it out. By water would befinitely be the ticket. I have a white f23 center console (in the pic below). What will you be in?

Fish

PS any idea how close they will let us get by water before shooting at us LOL

Sport
03-31-2004, 09:39 AM
We live on 5913 Bali Way. It's the street behind Subway, accross from The Coral Reef. We have a 2000 26ZX. Purple and Yellow graphics. I think they will let us get pretty close, I'll just follow the others. Hope they're right!

Sport.

Scott Heidt
04-01-2004, 02:12 PM
Man that sounds like fun! Sunday would be good for me! Just post a time closer to Sunday. I would like to bring the Hornet.
We are working on the boat Saturday and if all goes well, I hope to throw it in the water Sunday.

Later!

Fish boy
04-01-2004, 08:19 PM
Scott,
I saw your boat at Mt Dora, what could you possibly doto it on Saturday to make it any more perfect? Hope to see you and everyone else out there. Still have a few details to work out with my schedule but should know soon.

Fish

Fish boy
04-01-2004, 08:22 PM
Sport,
should not be too tough to find your zx, sounds like a sweet machine. Eat at that subway often... a little too much for the jarred diet to be working like it should ;) Hope to catch up with you on Sunday.

Fish

Donzigo
04-02-2004, 07:29 AM
We might go. You have to maintain a 1,000 distance from something......shoreline?, boundary?, something.

Fish boy
04-02-2004, 08:03 AM
DOnzigo, I think the 1000' foot rule is from bayliners and pontoon boats, but this is a sayety issue not homeland security related. ;)

Sport
04-02-2004, 08:25 AM
We are planning to leave our dock at 9:30 a.m. thru 10:00 a.m. Sunday. Call my cell phone 727-481-7445 and we will all meet up at The Bridgeview. My phone won't be on until about 3 p.m. today. Hope we can get a big group together ! Sounds like a ton of fun !

Sport
( Tony Czubernat )
26 ZX

Fish boy
04-04-2004, 07:27 AM
TOny,
were you out yesterday? I think I saw a white zx with purple and yellow go by my place and figured it might be you. I am going to be heading out around 10:30-11:00 his morning. I will try the cell when I get towards the east side of tampa bay.

Jody

Cuda
04-04-2004, 07:58 AM
Yes, you must stay 1000 yards offshore. It is a homeland security issue. We got pulled over there a couple years ago. If we weren't 1000 yards off, we were 999. They called in our registration and then asked me my name. I told them I was Achmed.

Sport
04-04-2004, 08:41 AM
Fish Boy,
Yes, that was me. We are planning to leave in about 30-40 minutes. Call my cell and we'll hook up. DONZI RULES ! !

Sport
( Tony )

Cuda
04-04-2004, 09:12 AM
We may end up going if I can get anyone else in the house to get out of bed! Keep an eye out for a yellow/black Formula 302.

Cuda
04-04-2004, 04:31 PM
After I got everyone up, we went to pull the cover on the boat, and the wind was blowing so hard we decided not to go. I don't mind running in a stiff chop, but the idea of swinging on the hook in that crap does NOT appeal to me. We took the truck to Sarasota instead to check out what boats were still around from the poker run.

Sport
04-05-2004, 08:22 AM
Fish Boy,
Sorry I did not call you back on Sunday afternoon. The ride back across the Bay from MacDill was terrible ! ! ! 4-5 feet seas with a 20-25 mph headwind. I had Leslee and 4 kids on the boat. A couple got sick on the way home and my back is killing me today. Plus, the air show sucked ! ! ! ! ! ! ! They had about one plane going up every half hour, we were all very disapointed to say the least. I will never go again. Maybe I'm just used to the Chicago air show, they have about 30-40 planes up at once actually doing something. Well, my rant is over. Have a great day.

Sport

Donzigo
04-05-2004, 08:27 AM
Fishboy & Sport,

Got your message this morning, Jodi. My phone was off on Sunday. Left it in the car. We thought about the boat; but, when we went to breakfast over at Passe Grill at the Seahorse by Mary pier, that wind was howling and the boats out at Passe Grille Pass were getting pounded and wet; so we opted out and the cover stayed on the Donzi.

Fish boy
04-05-2004, 08:40 AM
hey sport,
I know what you mean about the weather, it got really choppy as the day went on. No big deal about the call, I try to get out on the water as much as possible so I am sure we will hook up another time. There are a bunch of in the area- always looking for a reason to get the boat wet.

Bummer about the airshow, sounds like there was more to see at shell island than at MacDill ;)

c ya,
fish