PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for the Tax Break President Bush

RedDog
03-31-2004, 08:42 AM
I hope this is not too political of a statement for the Board -

Since I am self-employed, I must make quarterly estimated tax payments. One quarter last year cash flow was tight so I paid significantly “light” compared to my estimates. Well I assumed I would get hit with penalties and a tax due bill when the final tax preparations were completed. Well nooooo, thanks to President Bush’s tax cuts I am actually still due a refund this year in spite of what I originally thought would be an under payment.

While I am not about to claim the tax rates are low enough yet, the lower rates do help around my home – and I am NOT one of the so called rich!
:party: :beer:

Tony
03-31-2004, 09:16 AM
I also love tax cuts...but ABHOR the record deficit we are currently racking up.

Democrats - tax and spend.
Republicans - cut taxes and spend.

So, which is worse?

RedDog
03-31-2004, 09:30 AM
I also love tax cuts...but ABHOR the record deficit we are currently racking up.

Democrats - tax and spend.
Republicans - cut taxes and spend.

So, which is worse?

D - against 2 of 2
R - against 1 of 2

gcarter
03-31-2004, 01:41 PM
I hope this is not too political of a statement for the Board -

Since I am self-employed, I must make quarterly estimated tax payments. One quarter last year cash flow was tight so I paid significantly “light” compared to my estimates.
RedDog, I used to be in the same "boat", and I figured out a way to not make quarterly payments,I pay my taxes in a different manner, in smaller easier chunks, if your interested, PM me.
George Carter

Darrell
03-31-2004, 04:49 PM
Glad to hear you are saving on your taxes, my taxes seemed to be lower, but then again my gross income was lower in 2003 :banghead: . I hope our children and grandkids understand when they have to payback our deficit.