PDA

View Full Version : St Cloud APBA Races and Spring Fling April 3rd & 4th

pmreed
03-30-2004, 09:43 AM
:biggrin: Well guys and gals, better late than never. You can't say you didn't know about it! :) Here are some excerpts from the APBA site:

The St. Cloud Spring Fling and Florida State Boat Championships will be held April 3rd & 4th, 2004. Events include a Saturday morning Boat Parade at 10:00am, followed by boat testing at 3:30pm and a Racer Party and Reception at 7:30pm hosted by the Remington Golf Club and sponsored by the Market Street Mortgage Company. Competition on the water begins on Sunday at 1:00pm and viewing is free to the public. The weekend event will also feature an antique and muscle car show, bass fishing tournament, midway rides, free stage entertainment, arts and crafts, and food concessions, and is sponsored by the City of St. Cloud, the Kissimmee - St. Cloud Convention Bureau, and the St. Cloud Rotary Club.
Here's a little teaser:

In the fastest fleet of the day, Rick Perthel’s new Pair-A-Dice Performance Extreme PX-77 is sure to steal the show. This new MTI, packed with over 2700 combined horsepower is the newborn sister hull to the three time World and National Champion Montano Hartman Motorsports US1 (Drambuie On Ice and Bacardi Silver MTI’s). Perthel, from Colgate, Wisconsin, has joined a fleet with a stack of successes beyond compare and has the ability to both drive and throttle the boat.
And more to the point: :cistineb:

Reichman will go head to head with newcomer “Lightning Strikes”, yet another brand new Super Vee to hit the surf in St. Cloud. This Florida based team of Alan Green, owner/driver from Jacksonville, adds throttleman Michael Flanigan, of Tampa, Crew Chief, Andy Davis and Crew member Dan Iorio from St. Petersburg to the team under the SV #59 label. Their new Donzi 38ZR, rigged and maintained by Lightning Bay Performance Marine of St. Pete, combines the award-winning hull with twin Mercruiser 525’s boasting a top speed of 105+ miles per hour. On Lake Tohopekaliga, that may just give them their first checkered flag of the season.
:biggrin: :biggrin:
I plan on attending the Saturday festivities on dry land, and the races, Sunday, on the water. Come on out, one day or both. My boat's empty so far (except for me, of course,) so I can take passengers.

Sort of short notice and maybe ya'll are too beat up after Mt. Dora, but let's have some fun.
I live only 25 minutes from the venue, so we can get together before or after if anybody plans to show up. :beer: Sign up and let me know.

Phil

pmreed
04-03-2004, 06:46 AM
I don't know what happened to you guys, Mark, Speed Racer, Crackerjack, Tidbart, etc :boggled: . You're going to miss some fun this weekend. At least I'll be hooking up with with Rick (rchevelle 71) :biggrin.: .

Phil