PDA

View Full Version : Preventative Medicine...It's A Blue Pill!

Dr. Dan
03-27-2004, 02:56 PM
:cool: Well at 1:00 pm today....the 22 Classic got thru its 1st stage of the operation...the 454 has been removed....and I have been invited to go back to New York tomorrow and paint the remaining areas of the Bilge ...if I want...
:spongebob Kinda unbelieveable...it only arrived there Wednesday of this week....very quick...service.

The Blue Pill is ready and waiting to go in...next week...The Gauges and Dash Panel are in as well ...so its coming along nicely....I would post pics ...but the boat is 4.5 hours away from here...so I'll try to shoot the empty engine bay...like we need to see another one of those...

Anyway....its exciting...from a Doctors Perspective...last report from the Surgeon is that the prognoses looks good :puke:

It will make it....I'll keep ya updated...as it comes along...

:beer: Doc

Digger
03-27-2004, 03:37 PM
Dan thats awesome. What a feeling you must be experiencing, particularly that whoever is doing your work is delivering on what he promised. That is all too rare these days.

Please to educate us on the specs of said blue pill... stock? not? do tell.

very happy for you, keep us posted :smile: :boat:

MOP
03-27-2004, 04:19 PM
Who is doing the new hatch for the fat pill?

olredalert
03-27-2004, 04:48 PM
--------C-mon Doc,fess up. We all know you were shooting for around 1200 horsepower,so how close did you get,LOL!!!!!!!!Todd is looking for a smackdown on Lake St.Clair this July.Cant wait to see your bad boy do good!.............Bill S

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-27-2004, 06:04 PM
I heard it was a good deal on the blue motor. We DEMAND pictures (if at all possible).
Good luck Doc, we are happy for ya...
Keep us all posted.
Bryan

ToonaFish
03-27-2004, 10:34 PM
Um, but won't it clash with teal?

Bunches,

Celene "thinking we may be calling 'code blue' at an upcoming event"

mattyboy
03-28-2004, 07:53 AM
Dan ,
If your in NY call me maybe we can do lunch ;)
or if you need anything maybe I can save you a trip or something

I wish I had a blue pill

seems like I'm always taking the lil purple pill :rolleyes:

Matty

DONZI
03-28-2004, 10:52 AM
Geez Doc,
After seeing that pic in R.H.lower corner of the L.G.2004 newsletter.I think i know who really is pushing for that extra H.P.. :)
http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/2-2004.jpg
I hope all turns out great.
Ken

roadtrip se
03-28-2004, 09:37 PM
Teal, red, black, yellow, orange, or whatever.

Dr. Dan
03-29-2004, 06:22 AM
:wavey: Dateline Monday Morning...March 29,2004:
:smash: Yesterday I endured the gruelling 9 hour roundtrip commute to ensure the empty Bilge is just the right shade of "White Bilge Paint"..under the engine, although I am glad I made the Trip....getting lost off 287 and taking the wrong exit on the way home was a Bonus.... :angryfire

But if ya wanna see what it will look like, check out Page 2 under my "Photo Gallery" on the Registry here. Although a stock catelog photo, it shows the full polished CMI's that I ordered. The Engine shown on Page 5 of the Gallery is the actual Engine...with only 23.5 hours on the Computer Chip...I am switching the pictured "Dry Exhaust" to the new Wet CMI's...so that will change...and I ordered a new Teague Arrestor for the Enhaler. :rolleyes:

The Motor is a "Healthy HP 500 EFI" I do not have the Technical Specs in writing in front of me.....although it was being removed from a Slick Hulled Kryptonite...I am looking forward to the Testing and Dialing in Phase.

Plan is to keep the King Cobra Drive for a Season or two...and then take care of the Drive side of the equation. Current candidates are an Arneson or a ITS Merc. Set Up. Something that will handle the 3rd phase of the Operation which I'll save for another entire Thread... :smash:

My Special Tactical Assault Team is guessing it should see upper 70's ....if it gets over 75 it will seam like the Space Shuttle to us....after piloting the 330 horse version for 3 seasons.. whats going to be nice is that the attitude of the Drive and related characteristics will remain the same....what will be the most noticeable change will be the acceleration and thrust of torque during mid-range romps (so I am told by the Trippin Dude).

The New Cockpit will stop the guessing, it will feature all new Livorsi Series Gauges with a GPS Speedo..and a new Steering Wheel..I am almost more excited to see how that will turn out...because it's such a Tangible Change...and I rely so much on all of the equipt there, the updated look will be very refreshing to me.

More to come...

Doc

RickSE
03-29-2004, 10:37 AM
Cool Doc.

I started my 500EFI for the first time yesterday, what a sweet sound. :hyper: The SE 500 boats are capable of pushing 80-MPH with a Bravo-1 so I'd think you'll see 75 for sure.

Dr. Dan
03-29-2004, 05:25 PM
:shades: Rick...what gear ratio is your unit? I love the Black Stripe BTW...I think it looks so much better than the Blue Version...no offense to the other owners....just MHO. What prop are you running, or will be running.? :beer:

:cool!: Doc

RickSE
03-29-2004, 05:42 PM
Doc,
It's a standard B-1 with 1.5 Ratio and a factory supplied lab finish 25P Mirage+. Ted told me with driving skills it'll do 82-MPH at sea level. I should know for sure in a few weeks.

Air 22
03-29-2004, 08:24 PM
Blue Pill... :tongue: The only color you gonna get is " V-PINK" to go w/ that "TEAL" .... :embarasse :hyper: You Road Ragin, cell phone in ya ear, stereo blastin, I wanna BIGGER CHEESBURGER, 82mph Carpet Flyer :p

Can't wait to see ya face when you fly by me at 80+... :yes:... punk :beer:

Dr. Dan
03-30-2004, 07:51 PM
:rolleyes: Couple shots of the CMI's...I'll load more when I can..they are on page 3 on the Atlantic Coast Site.

:sombrero: Becoming Blue Boy

Dr. Dan
03-31-2004, 05:27 AM
:spongebob Loaded Some Thumbnails...

:idea: Doc

RedDog
03-31-2004, 08:52 AM
Couple shots of the CMI's...I

Doc - you may want to invest in a padlock for your hatch. You do know must of us travel with tools to Donzi events :biggrin.:

rayjay
03-31-2004, 10:22 AM
RickS, you said "The SE 500 boats are capable of pushing 80-MPH with a Bravo-1 so I'd think you'll see 75 for sure."

Why would the SE 500 boats be faster than Dr. Dan's with his new engine? Is there something different in their hull or is it just horsepower? Am I missing that there is something special about the SE boats?

rayjay

Dr. Dan
03-31-2004, 08:27 PM
:spongebob Ray...I think the general consensus is that each Hull and Boat is different. Some like Road Trip have installed an IMCO Shorty which effectively creates less drag, like raising the X Dimension. Also my Drive is for now ...still the King Cobra...which is more like carrying a small Tropedo under the Drive. So logic would say it should be slower than a Bravo or a more Hydro Dynamic Drive System. :p

The interesting thing is my Drive Ratio is different from the Bravos...and the Drive itself is said to be pretty tough in terms of ability to handle extra ponies....so it's pretty reliable..

Another King Cobra 22 is running a Healthy 502 currently...and is steady at 75 + MPH...so I was being Diplomatic and Conservative in my wishes...I know it will seem like a Wild Bull :bonk: to us no matter what compared to our stock 454.

This is really only my first Phase in the overall plan...so by Stage 3...I feel very sure that it will be a stand alone 22 Classic...one way or the other... :shades:

Its not all about Speed...but it is cool to go fast...although...you can run out of hull in any boat....so my Phase 2 plan will address the short hull issue...a little. :spit:

First splash test for this Phase should be sometime after Easter....

CDMA
03-31-2004, 09:34 PM
Dan figured out paragraphs!!!!

Devil Chris

RickSE
04-01-2004, 09:56 AM
Ditto what Doc said. I was just being conservative since I don't know the characteristics of his drive. The SE boats have essentially the same hull as a standard Classic, except for the fact that they are heavier. The SE's have two additional layers of glass in the hull and the deck is glassed to the hull. So in theory an SE boat should be a little slower than a standard 22 with the same power and drive.

Dr. Dan
04-01-2004, 10:48 AM
:pimp: Rick...I wanna see some more Pics of that Yellow Bow Tie in your Avitar Photo? I love that series of Camaro & Firebirds...

Maybe do a post on another Whatever Topic...but I would be interested...is it yours...and what's the numbers its running...looks like an 8 sec to 10 sec Car..?

Doc :rolleyes:

GEOO
04-01-2004, 11:38 AM
Dan,

Your project seams to be going great. Glad to hear the engine deal is working out well. :) I can't wait to she how she goes. It's always better to guess low on the speed, that way your happy when the numbers come out on target or higher. Nothing is worse then counting on a high number and getting frustrated when you don't meet your anticapated speed. :smash:

Next year phase 3?? :idea:

rayjay
04-01-2004, 11:38 AM
I've been going over the specs on the induction system I have been planning to buy for my 22 with my friends. Their comments brought up a question I do not know how to answer.

How much is too much when it comes to horsepower in a 22 Classic?

I'm being serious here. I have usually subscribed to the axiom "if more is better then too much is just right" when it comes to power, but even with that thought in mind I do believe in being reasonable. One of my friends pointed out that a 3 series Procharger maxing at over 3000 cfm feeding two 1000 cfm throttle bodies is easily capable of feeding well over 1000 hp, and probably close to 2000 hp if I wanted to get really stupid. I most certainly would not set it up for 2000 hp that as no Gen VI block would ever take that kind of abuse, but there is always aftermarket blocks that will. But forgetting the engine's, and a drive's, ability to live, where is the line for the 22's hull in terms of how much power it can use? BigG has somewhere around 765 hp if I remember correctly and Ed had some turbo engine with astronomical horsepower in his (and survived!!). But where is the point at which any more power is really overkill for a 22 Classic? Maybe better is what is the maximum speed a 22 can / should go?

Maybe I should not have called one of my previous threads "The Ultimate 22" as I am not trying to compete or out do anyone, I am just trying to build a 22 for my own enjoyment. The "Ultimate" I was referring to was what would be the Ultimate 22 in your mind if you could do anything.

rayjay

Dr. Dan
04-01-2004, 12:47 PM
:shades: Ray...I will defer to a few others here....but only a few...

Fact is that it is not as necesssary to have horsepower as it is to have effieciency in your Hull and Drive System. :propeller

I am sure Chris and Woodsy would be able to technically argue the Laminar Flow concept....but a lesser powered Hull with a Surface Drive...lets use Arneson for example....would yield serious MPH proportionately to the amount of Horsepower you would have to put through a Stern Drive to equal the same gain.. :spit:

.I am sure there is a relationship....but it would undoubtedly have nebulous variables...that would depend on each individual hulls characteristics.

Greg Maiers Blackhawk does consistent 80 mph with a 502 and only 415 horse...so he proves my point.

HP600 and George Culotta and the Griz and Donmoyers 22's and Todds SE, are the largest horsepowered that run, albeit...Culotta may argue that.... :biggrin.:

Griz is the only one who regularly (and Ted in Fla.) seems to show up and run with the rest of us under powered Schlubs...

As your speed increases, the Drag also increases....so as ya get more ponies...there is a limit...when it seems to really require some major Cahones and associated Jing $$$ to get any faster.

IMO anything above 80 is approaching lunacy in the 22....the Hull is extremely trim sensitive...and can launch off a wake like a Lear Jet....ask me or Brad how we know this...(Winni 2003)

I think the main Fun Quotient isn't so much the top end...which someone like Geo will always kick your but to the curb...but in the usable mid range....when you are cruising at 45 mph and another boat pulls along side you and you nail it and leave them standing there holding their #*!@, thats gotta feel good..... :rolleyes:

Griz can see low to mid 80's...we will see what Culottas does this Season...I think the ultimate 22 is one that runs, starts everytime and can be operated safely, by a competent pilot who respects others around him/her..

.In the last year...we have read about alot of Drivers who have pushed the Speed Envelope and lost...with blow overs or random crashes or whatever...so although a man is always challenged to exceed his limits, the fact is sooner or later....the limits win....better to enjoy yourself and have fun, things happen very quick on the water....some of the best...have had to learn this..

Safe Boating & Stay Healthy

Doc :sombrero:

MOP
04-01-2004, 03:04 PM
Doc in my mind I cal you the Professor, you come up with the best analogies. I hope to watch a few of 22's transoms fade into the distance, I wish all the guys with the big rigs a safe and happy Donzi Daze!

rayjay
04-01-2004, 06:00 PM
[QUOTE=Dr. Dan...but in the usable mid range....when you are cruising at 45 mph and another boat pulls along side you and you nail it and leave them standing there holding their #*!@, thats gotta feel good.....[/QUOTE]

I'm getting it. I know I have to go into the engine a bit, as it is not a marine engine but one of the truck replacement engines. I will probably just have to get down to the head gaskets to "marinize" it. I'll wait until that point when I'll know more about the condition of the engine to decide how far to go with the engine for now, and I'll wait for another boat to build the 1200 hp killer motor. A mild 502 or 572 built with 8.5 or 9.1 compression will make plenty of power, and with the AS&M EFI I already have it should be quite tractable. If I keep the c.r. low enough and the rod to stroke ratio high enough I can always add a supercharger later. I was amazed to be sent an article by Bob Teague where he said he builds all his engines except for his all out race engines to run on 87 octane. Guess I'll have to start doing some research into flame travel in BBC's. Is Jim Feuling still alive?

You're right, as you said I should be spending my initial time with the boat working on building efficiency in the hull and drive system. That is where I will get my biggest gains. Plus I know the drive needs some freshening up, so I will have to put some time into that area. Anyone know what it is like living with an Arneson, but one that has reverse! Plus spend some time getting its looks up to my satisfaction and then enjoying myself by it. Wonder how CDMA's 22 project is going.

Still wanting to get into the 90's to win a bet with BigG and looking forlornly at the intake I will not be putting into the 22....

as ever, rayjay (the worlds oldest living teenager after Dick Clark)

Woodsy
04-01-2004, 08:12 PM
RayJay....

The good Doctor is right.... The key to speed is effeciency first, horsepower later. You know you can build a killer motor, the hard part is getting the whole package to work well as a system. Sure, you can build a 1200HP big block, but you need to remember, you don't want to spin it much higher than 5200RPM... Thats pretty much the limit on what RPM an outdrive will take before harmonics and two 90 degree power transfers get the best of it. You can of course spin them higher, but reliability is SERIOUSLY compromised. A drive that grenades at 80MPH is NOT fun. There is also a cam profile limit because of reversion, unless of course your running a dry exhaust. The noise police frown on such systems usually. You will need a full hydraulic steering system as well.

My advice, have the bottom of your hull blueprinted and your strakes sharpened. Get the hull right first. You'll probably see 2 or 3mph out of that, but the payoff will be when you get into the big power. You would be amazed at how much drag just a little hook in your hull can cause. If its a bravo setup, get yourself an Imco shortie, reduces drag, and should be worth an easy 3-5mph. While your rebuilding the drive, put in the HD gearset too. Once you get that done, then go play with the big power... You'll probably find its pretty easy to hit mid 80's with some serious reliability....

Of course you could always follow Big Grizz, who has proved time and time again with enough HP you can make a brick fly.... Just kidding Grizz... its a real pretty brick though!

Woodsy Von Outboard

RickSE
04-02-2004, 02:17 PM
Doc,
Thanks for asking. I wish it ran in the 8-10's. I have too many projects right now to build a car that quick. I posted some stuff on the car.

67' Camaro (http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34099)

Dr. Dan
04-02-2004, 07:33 PM
:jestera: Thought I'd start a Before and After group of Pics...

The Bilge last Sunday

cigarette30
04-02-2004, 07:40 PM
Dr.

Tell us your not going to leave that "dirty" old bilge pump in there .........

gcarter
04-02-2004, 07:42 PM
Hi Dr. D; :wavey:
Could post a picture of your transom w/o the engine? I'm allways interested in how people do things.
Thanks;
George.
P.S.... I just finished grinding my engine compartment smooth. I'll be doing the white paint thing soon.

Dr. Dan
04-02-2004, 08:01 PM
:sombrero:

Dr. Dan
04-02-2004, 08:06 PM
:cool: HP with out the New CMI's...the Motor had Dry Platinum E-Tops...these will be replaced with the Full Polished Set, a couple of Posts earlier.

Dr. Dan
04-02-2004, 08:37 PM
:smash: Cig 30...Actually is looks worse than it is...but no I am planning on it being competely Sanitary...I actually purchased a new one and forgot to leave it with the Boat...so, it may change after the New Motor is in there...but, have no fear...it will look much different by the time it is finished.

:spongebob I am having some issues, with my Photo Posting Competence...so its kinda pot luck...more to come...

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
04-02-2004, 09:20 PM
Doc, sweet deal.
Just curious on the front motor mounts.
Are you changing to a more off shore type mount or what?
Just curious as to how it all lines up.
We too will make this move when the 502 dies.
CONGRATS again.
Bryan

Dr. Dan
04-02-2004, 09:35 PM
:umbrella: Actually...Eventually we are going to an "Offshore Mount" like the Special Editions...I will likely have one fabricated. I ordered some Eddie Marine Merc High Performance Solid Motor Mounts...they won't fit...yet. I am going to have to use the Stock Mounts (which are being refitted) and then go to the full deal after I switch to the Arneson or ITS next Season. The limiting factor is the rear King Mounts...I am working this out with the Mechanic...I have 3 options as I see it...
1.) Reuse Stock OMC Mounts temporarily
2.) Change all Four...I only ordered the Front Two..as instructed. But I don't think I can, due to Transom Assembly staying put...shafts don't line up other fun & games.
3.) By the Frickin Arneson now and Get Divorced and "live in a Van down by the River" :spongebob

Hmmmmm...Still movin forward...I read a great post the other night about a guy who fabricated his own...it looked awesome.

And I think I will feel better when that is done...

Will do Poodle...it's a work in progress...He mentioned it gets filled using a needle mechanism,can you highlight on that....never touched the mutha....Thanks

Doc :wavey:

Greg K
04-02-2004, 09:37 PM
mmm, you might want to rethink that trim pump location. They are a muther ta fill anyway, and that one will have some clearance issues I believe...

I've had no problems filling with a small oil pump can. I think he'll be ok where it's located, judging from some pics I have of mine.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
04-02-2004, 09:39 PM
Sounds neat Doc, just make sure they have that drive aligned if using the original mounts.. trust me on this advice from a guy that knows little about mechanical things.
Bryan

Dr. Dan
04-05-2004, 01:12 PM
:pimp: More Variations On A Theme?
The workmanship on this Teague Arrestor is beyond Reproach! :smash:

I ordered a new Stock K & N just to have....and the Teague Unit came in last week....it is a peice of Artwork when ya hold it in your hand...very impressed. The area of Filtration is easily Twice that of the K & N. The Backing plate is solid as well....these are stamped by Vortech Engineering, which I thought was cool. :wink:

Doc :wavey:

RickR
04-05-2004, 04:10 PM
LOOKIN' GOOD!!!!
Your "Before" looks much better than mine :(

fasttrucker
04-09-2004, 08:27 AM
Hey doc!...Welcome to the 500hp+ club.What a pleasure it is to go fast.Anyway my stock motor mounts vibrated down.So we put in a race plate that can handle 1000hp.You might want to check into that.Also we changed the fuel line from the tank to the motor and put in a inline fuel pressure gauge.MY meck. said this was important.Hope you come over one day this summer and run with us out of north east. :dolphin:

Dr. Dan
04-09-2004, 03:55 PM
:spongebob Update...Dateline April 9,2004 Before the Bunny Arrives! :propeller

First Happy Easter Weekend to all Donzi Lunatics and even Phil :biggrin.:

We have determined, that I can use the Solid Merc Mounts after all.

Sooooo it is a good thing and I am excited again, the Gauges have arrived, So has the Steering Wheel and Hub, and by next weekend the New Beast will be mounted. :bonk:

Next will be the final fitting of the CMI Tailpipes, and the Customization of same, if I have to send them back ...for Mods.

:shades: I am learning alot about my little boat....and that is always a good thing...I'll post more pics when I get back to New York to take some....

:beer: Happy Holiday...

Bill, I am sure I will puttering around NorthEast ... doing some dialing in...not doing the Jackson Run this year...as we have some other committments....

Doc :cool!:

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
04-11-2004, 09:11 AM
Same to you and the wife Doc, be safe and have a great holiday weekend.

RICKR, GREAT place for a Mag Light, how / what did you use to mount it?
Bryan

MOP
04-11-2004, 10:18 AM
Thanks Doc, I wish more guys could see the little Gleam in your eyes talking about you baby!

Happy Easter! That goes for everyone!

MOP

Dr. Dan
04-22-2004, 06:51 PM
:spongebob Well, after weeks of "Mechanical Foreplay" we have an Engine.... :biggrin.:

Well for some reason, either I am an idiot :banghead: ...but I can't get the other photos to upload....after over a half hour of attempts :rlol: ...I gotta get some other work done....if I can figure it out I'll post more....I have about another 6 shots or so...sorry.......

Doc

boxy
04-22-2004, 07:16 PM
Doc, that just looks so...........right :D

Nice work, have fun dialing it in....

gcarter
04-22-2004, 07:18 PM
Great picture, Dr. Dan! At the largest size on my 21" monitor, it looks I could climb in there! :lightning
I'm sure it'l make you a happy camper... er...boater! :rlol:

George

RickR
04-22-2004, 07:35 PM
AWESOME!!!!! :beer:

DONZI
04-22-2004, 07:47 PM
Looks great Dan !
Did reprograming the computer for your application require a custom type combination or just general info.? Just curious of the type of info that the procedure requires.This assuming the engine came out of a disimilar boat set-up.

Ranman
04-22-2004, 07:54 PM
Looks good Danny. Don't forget to set the timing. :idea: :idea:

Air 22
04-22-2004, 07:58 PM
Doc....looks kinda small in there.....sure thats an HP500?? :p Just bustin.... :) and ahhh the pipes look just plain sweeeet :yes: Nice work... :biggrin.:

Dr. Dan
04-22-2004, 08:05 PM
:spongebob
Well Thanks to some Expeditious Material Aquisition, and some skilled hands...by a very good friend...we were able to use the Solid Eddie Marine Mounts....I thought the Merc Blue would pick up the right mood and ambiance! :biggrin:
These are Double nutted, and Through Bolted to the Angle ...on the Stringers...should do the Trick until the Second Phase...next Season.

BERTRAM BOY
04-22-2004, 08:11 PM
Doc.......Looks Awesome

gcarter
04-22-2004, 08:16 PM
Dan, just curious, is that an aluminum angle bolted to your stringers?

George

Dr. Dan
04-22-2004, 08:34 PM
:smash: Ken we are not that far yet...so far all is "Stock" even the programming :rolleyes:

George the Stock Angle is Aluminum at the Stringers, we added the 1 1/2" Plate Stock which is also solid Aluminum.

Randy...I just take the Photos, if the Boss needs a reminder to set the Timing...its cool with me...just as long as it floats! :beer:

Next Step is to get Custom Fit Tails for the CMI's, the Thru Hulls are wider than the stock Merc Application...which does not apply to the Blue Venom High Bred, or Half Breed? :smash:

Plumbing, wiring and some Dash Bling Bling is soon to come....the Teague Arrestor will replace the K & N.

Ironically the ugly Rule 1500 Bilge Pump did not clear the lower front hardware on the 500...so it had to go....its so white in there...it almost looks too sterile, especially with the Camera Flash.

Woodsy
04-22-2004, 08:59 PM
SSSSHHHHHWWWWWEEEEEEEEETTTTTT!

Congrats Buddy! She looks Mmmmaaahhhvvelous!

Woodsy Von OutBoard

roadtrip se
04-22-2004, 09:15 PM
I like it!

Todd

cigarette30
04-22-2004, 09:21 PM
Doc,

Total off the wall question, notice the valve covers are not the factory 500 e.f.i. standard, what is the diiferance, or source of your motor ? Trust me, not being critical, very happy for you, just curious ?

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
04-22-2004, 09:23 PM
Very nice indeed Doc... We are very happy for you.

It may just be the photo, but after living a first hand nightmare on factory installed motor mounts that the tab on the washer was never set/(bent down) at install last year I will ask a question.
How does the EMarine mounts compare in size to the stock BBC mounts, do they have the same type od washer to prevent loosening? It appears in the photo they are much smaller in diameter.
Bryan

(new motor mounts installed last year mid season, correctly, no issues with them loosening up thus far.)

MOP
04-22-2004, 09:27 PM
Bryan the Mag light is cool & handy but did you also notice the two dome lights, enough light to preform surgery at midnight!

Dr. Dan
04-22-2004, 09:32 PM
:wavey: Cig Man...the Valve Covers will be changing....the originals met with some unexplained vandals in the Boat Yard...prior to my involvement. :D Ironically Merc wants like a small fortune for Decals to replace originals..on the Stock Covers...we thought this looked better...than what they left behind. I'd rather invest the Decal Money into new Covers.

I am having some Custom Ones made...I promise they will be pretty...hey...I thought you would be happy the Bilge Pump is gone? :sombrero:

Bryan ...I' will have to check on that....and get back to you, I was in a suit and tie when I snapped these shots last nite...

Damn Tappan Zee Bridge...major Accident...got in about 1:15 am...

Its movin along though....Thanks for the Vote of Confidence Poodle....... I will try to not disappoint...I am hoping for about 3 weeks of Trials before Lake George... going to have to buy some Rubber Under Wear.... :D

:pimp: Doc

GEOO
04-22-2004, 09:34 PM
Dan,
Looks Sweet. You gotta love Merc Blue!!

cigarette30
04-22-2004, 09:43 PM
Dr. Dan,

Thanks for the answer ....... Also, don't want a "yellow" bilge pump do we .....haha. Notice your from Pa. if your ever in Ocean City, look me up, I will do my best to show you a "Classic" good time.

Dr. Dan
04-22-2004, 10:14 PM
:wavey: Will do, I have a Beach House in South Bethany...just down the Road...we were down for Easter Weekend...

Looking for a place Closer to or on the Bay or up one of the Rivers, Servern or Annapolis....

I'll let ya know when I am in your neck...of the woods...we are going to the Bay Bridge Boat Show this Sunday... :smash:

:pimp: Doc

gero1
04-22-2004, 10:47 PM
looks great doc, i am about 2-3 weeks behind in getting to the water, buying the new b/h and all. hope to to get to the lake by the time you read this

Dr. Dan
04-22-2004, 10:58 PM
:umbrella: Phil...ya need to dial down on the Meds....I'm a Doctor and I'm confused? :cool:

Gero....need to see some pics of the Mysterious Hawk?

:p

MOP
04-23-2004, 04:26 AM
[QUOTE=Dr. Dan]:umbrella: Phil...ya need to dial down on the Meds....I'm a Doctor and I'm confused? :cool:

Dan was refering to Posts # 42 & 45 RickR's bilge lighting.

Dr. Dan
04-23-2004, 05:16 AM
:D Oh....

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
04-23-2004, 05:20 AM
Doc, again, sweet upgrade. What did Merc want for new valve covers, just curious? The present ones also look very nice, good match.

MOP, we have the lighting also 4 fold.
Ditch the wooden ore and get Boat US.

In regards to the mounted Halon, my coast Guard guys say they need to be weighed annually? Anyone have data/facts on this?
Bryan

Dr. Dan
04-23-2004, 06:43 AM
:smash: Bryan...I actually only priced the "Valve Cover Metal Decal Applique" replacements ranged from a Bargain Basement price of $175 per side!!!! to $250 per side! Obviously a great "Blue Value" NOT!

So I am looking at some alternatives....and finalizing the Design Decisions...unfortunately...the EFI Options are somewhat limited....Decisions Decisions......... :spongebob

Doc :beer:

gero1
04-23-2004, 06:56 AM
dr.dan this &%#&* computer has sat here for about 1.5 years, haveing some trouble but learning, feel like i already made a blanket with all these threds! its so easy for me to call fast eddie and blame it on you. pics comeing soon???

boldts
04-23-2004, 03:00 PM
Doc,

Been following this project from the background and my friend, you wear blue very nicely! Every picture I have of you and Liz in the boat, it's 5' in the air! I can only imagine what the next running shot of you two is going to look like. Air22 will be working and see you flying by his cockpit window :biggrin: I can see it know, 2nd part of this conversion will need to be put on hold so you both can get plastic surgury to fix the now unable to change smile on your faces. :lookaroun

Dr. Dan
04-24-2004, 05:56 PM
:rolleyes: You can see at the Transom...that the Standard Tails...do not line up...

:spongebob For whatever reason I am unable to "consistently upload Photos" here...so I will also have them on our www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com site under my section, page 3. Sorry...but I am not clear as to why I keep getting error messages...then every now and then ... I do get one to upload...the process I use is the same...go figure? :lookaroun

:smash: Doc

Blewbyu
04-24-2004, 06:03 PM
Went to my Doc last summer with a pretty good case of sunburn on my chest and legs.He gave me a blue pill, and said it would keep the blankets off my chest and legs.It worked !! :hyper: :rlol: :D

Dr. Dan
04-27-2004, 05:22 AM
:spongebob The Eddie Marine Boxes will still fit in Parallel (Front to Back) center Battery Tray.

:rolleyes: Doc

Digger
04-27-2004, 05:41 AM
Dan she looks awesome! :yes:

Dr. Dan
04-27-2004, 02:12 PM
:rlol: Eastside View of the Blue Pill...in theory...the Cut Sheet was sent down to Distributor ...who will forward the specific measurements onto CMI.

From there they will Custom Fabricate Tailpipes that will bend and conform to meet my Thru Hull openings, and keep the 90 Degree Water Flow Connections in line with each other..this will give a crisp alignment to the finished "Cool Collar Header System" that CMI is known for, and give a cleaner look at the Transom area in the Engine Bay!

:bonk: Good God Batman

Doc :p

Dr. Dan
05-08-2004, 01:20 PM
:cool!: New Dash Panel & Gauges can be viewed here

http://atlanticcoastdonzi.com/gallery/members_drdan?page=4

Turned out nice....

Doc :smash:

Greg Maier
05-08-2004, 01:48 PM
Hey Danny,

Everything looks nice. It looks like you are using stock battery cables, and it looks like they are stiff. You can actually use welding cable for power cables. Much higher quality (and price) but they will route around much cleaner inside your engine compartment.

Greg Maier
05-08-2004, 02:19 PM
Why not, welding cable carries significantly more juice than the batteries or alternator could create. Is there some other reason, i.e. CG rules, etc? :confused: :confused: :confused:

BERTRAM BOY
05-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Greg,
Welding cables are probably not made from tinned copper.........
BTW, Danny....they forgot to mount a gauge for the gonkulator valve.

boxy
05-08-2004, 06:20 PM
Doc, your new panel looks sweeeeettt.....

Mr X
05-08-2004, 07:13 PM
Everything looks GREAT Dan!! :eek:

Keep those Pics comming!!

Ted

smokediver
05-08-2004, 07:29 PM
It all looks fantastic !

Air 22
05-08-2004, 08:17 PM
Doc....DASH looks sweet :yes: Almost as pretty as that wife of yours... :smileybo: :yes:

gcarter
05-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Dr. Dan;
That's an OUTSTANDING dash, and sitting on that wonderful sample of excellent Mohawk carpet! :yippie:

George

roadtrip se
05-08-2004, 10:49 PM
Okay Dork, no excuses now bro, you have seen it on an OMC boat, and it don't get any more beautiful than that!

Gorgeous Dan, just wish I was going to see it for myself before 1000 Islands.

Keep spending it like you got it!

Todd

Dr. Dan
05-09-2004, 08:04 AM
:wavey: Well...The "Blue Venom Project" is starting to come together....just to bring everyone up to Speed, here is the current status.

:smash: We are waiting to receive the CMI Tails back from CMI to finish off the Exhaust System. Due in the next week or so.

Need to replace the Bilge Pump with a Lower Profile Unit due to front lower clearance issues....

Need to Plumb the entire Power Package...tighten it up...Drop in the Eddie Marine Battery Boxes & Secure them...

Install Dash Component System and New Steering Wheel & Hub....calibrate everything.

Shift Interupter System and ReInstall the Drive, remove King Cobra Drive mounted Impellar System(Drive will function like a large Bravo set up ...Cooling wise...utilizing the Pump on the Merc...and the Drive as an "Intake Source Only"...if this does not work as well as we like than there is a Plan "B".

Splash Test....we will do a Base Line Run with the Existing Prop...which should Red Line(23 Turbo)...then we will begin the Great Prop Swap Fun & Games....I have a 25 Turbo which I am planning on using this Season....we do not want to get Crazy acquiring props for the King Drive ...in case the King leaves or is exiled...for a new Ruler....of Propulsion. :jestera:

Time Line is to have this all wrapped up by the End of May...the hard parts are done...we have run into the largest delays(6 weeks total dead time) in waiting for parts once we realize a certain set of circumstances exists that prevent us from moving forward...but it's a learning process and ya have to be patient.

Greg Maier...The Battery Cables are not hooked up yet, and are not stiff...the Bilge has alot more Bling Bling Operations yet to occur..but I appreciate what you were saying....they will be getting rerouted and aligned....

Greg K or others....make sure if you order new gauges that you clarify to Woody at Nisongers what drive system(King, or Whatever) you have for your "Power Trim Gauge " , at the time of order...the Dash Panel cost $240 and took about 3 weeks to produce...with all else considered on a component cost percentage basis...the New Dash Panel with Gauges is the most expensive component in this whole "Extreme Makeover." :eek:

The Gauges were ordered with "Colored Rims and the Single Polished Bezels" this saves room instead of getting say stock White Rims,then Teal Bezels and Polished behind those....the Gauges can get kinda tall in the panel and start to spread across your available Dash Panel space. As a result I have to relocate the Depth Gauge from my old panel layout. :smash:

Thanks for the feedback and compliments...its kinda like giving Birth...I am nervous as heck and I don't even know the Sex of the Child yet...alot of anxiety....I'll be better once I hear the Pill fire up again...

Doc :pimp:

Shanghied Again
05-09-2004, 08:41 AM
Hey Doc, She is really starting to look real sweet! Can't wait to see you run :hyper:

RickR
05-09-2004, 09:22 AM
AWESOME!!!!

Thanks a lot :kaioken:
My dash is looking VERY PLAIN :smash:

bverd
05-09-2004, 08:04 PM
Sweet... sweet... sweet... That dash really looks awsome and it really going to bring the whole project together.

TangoAmy loves it too. :wink:

--bverd

Woodsy
05-10-2004, 06:38 AM
Doc....

one word.... SWEEEEEETTTT!

Can't wait to see her run...

Woodsy Von Outboard

mattyboy
05-10-2004, 06:47 AM
Dan,
friggin awesome!!!
beware the teal monster!!!

Matty

MOP
05-10-2004, 08:53 AM
For those of you that have not seen Dan's boat up close and personal it is absolutely CHERRY! When done with Stage #1 it will be awesome, Stage #2 when is completed I doubt if there will be many words in our vocabulary to describe it!

Dan you are the MAN!

Phil

Eugene Nahemow
05-11-2004, 08:31 PM
Dr. Dan,
Looking at your list is like a reflection of my own.
I am shooting for the same splash time.
Hopefully we both make it!

Your boat is going to look awesome! :biggrin:

Dr. Dan
05-19-2004, 08:07 PM
:beer: Status Report Captain: The Custom Tails are Shipping at the end of the Week or first part of next....

:spongebob Great Day in the morning....I gotta tell ya...these CMI's better do all but cook me breakfast....cuz they have definitely had an impact on the completion schedule.

Once they come in...we can begin to button things up...the next 2 to 3 weeks should be momentous :yes:

:puke: Soon My Son...you too will be able to snatch the Blue Pill from my hand!!!!! Grasshopper :shades:

Doc In Waiting :cool:

Dr. Dan
06-01-2004, 12:19 PM
:smash: Update From the late breaking News Dept......

Rumor has it the Dash has now been installed....the Depthfinder Relocated and a Tattle Tale Reset Switch has been installed...Hmmmm what's that for...? :pimp:

Believe it or not...we still don't have the CMI Tails....although I am making and getting Dailey updates from Donnie Carter from Offshore Performance Specialties....I am hopefull they will be in this week come hell or high water....

Meanwhile everything but that is being buttoned up so that we can make the DustOff.... :wavey:

That has always been our target date...so actually we are on schedule still...just highly frustrated.....

If all goes well it will see "Splash Time" in the next 7 Days or sooner....

:smash: Doc :smash:

Dr. Dan
06-04-2004, 06:11 AM
:smash: Well the CMI Tails got shipped to Florida (OffshorePerf.Spec.)directly instead of up to New York as requested...in this case it turned out good, because the wrong clamps for my Risers were ordered!!!! :puke:

So now he has to send them back to Wisconsin(CMI) and get them refitted ....and sent back out next week....unfortunately.

I am now well within my "Red Zone" for being able to make Lake George....odds are against it...for many reasons...not the least of which is this little debacle of a simple Bolt On part.

We need time to Dial it in and that has to occur on a weekend when I am available....if it does not come together next week....I am not going to Slam it together just to make the DustOff..... its gotta be right...so we shall see...

At this point...it does not look good...my schedule is such that I am booked pretty tight work wise and my boat is basically a 9 hour round trip commute ...which has a serious impact on my access to be available to Dial it in....this weekend June 5th was to be the Test Weekend....with the 12th being the Fall Back date... :umbrella:

In order for it all to pull together....we would have to have Zero issues on every other component...Cooling,Shift Interupter...etc.. and frankly I don't find that to be likely....I think it will require more tweaking to have it running Safely and Correctly.....and that is my highest priority.

:crossfing I am going to keep the Gate Open for now....otherwise...the Debut will not be until Winnie...which is awhile away!

boldts
06-04-2004, 09:42 AM
Doc,

Been following your progress and what your doing is in my mind the right way to upgrade. Your Classic looks fantastic and the blue pill is quite the package.

I for one am looking forward to the debut and seeing the boat run. Have faith and be anil about everything! Do it once for safety and convience.

ToonaFish
06-04-2004, 02:58 PM
Doc, if your CMI sounds half as good as Byron's new 22 does, it'll be worth the wait. They make me all squiggly inside... :hyper: :rlol: :hyper:

Barry Phillips
06-05-2004, 06:24 PM
Hope she is ready for the Dust Off weekend, can't wait see it run. You only have 2 more weeks.

Barry

Dr. Dan
06-05-2004, 08:41 PM
:smash: Dateline Saturday June 5th...just before D-Day...
All parts and components should be in this week ...we are only waiting on the Tails...I will know more on Tuesday. If they ship to the Yard by Friday...I can Splash it Sunday or prior to George...and get some dial in time on her. :spongebob

I decided I am coming to Party no matter...I can always sell some more of Scotts Exotic Gifts...or hand out Cards at the Poker Run... :bighug:

Come On Tails.....Lets Get Some Tail!!! :beer:

Gettin Punchy Now...Memories of My Little Freshwater 454...

Digger
06-07-2004, 05:27 AM
Dan, its great to see the pill coming together! extreme makeover indeed! I know quite well what a PITA it is waiting for something when you have been told over and over it will be there/done "soon"

Hang in there, all will be worth it in the end! :yes:

Dr. Dan
06-07-2004, 03:46 PM
:smash: Thanks for the Thoughts and Support....after now having my voice recognized by the CMI Distributor...they claim Pipes should be in our hands by Thursday or Friday...that is good...

Got everything connected and wired...apparently a small Gremlin in the New Trim Gauge...it is operating in Reverse...so its one of a couple of things...but seeing that Nisongers is literally in the same Town as the Boat and my Marina...it will be handled.

I am optimistic...we will make it ... I am calling in Dr. McCoy from Star Trek.... Spock can do a Mind Meld...

:smash: Doc

BUIZILLA
06-07-2004, 03:53 PM
No mufflers ?? :confused:

JH :eek:

Dr. Dan
06-07-2004, 04:39 PM
:spongebob Never had them....my Stock OMC manifold went directly out the back...ask Poodle he's seen it a few times...
...the pic shown is of the First Set of Tails...prior to bending...and fitting to the Thru Hulls....the New Set is what we be waiting for.........there are pics of this on my gallery on our www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com site...I believe its on page 3 of Dr. Dans Gallery!

Jim ya need a clean mild 454?

Dr. Dan
06-16-2004, 04:49 AM
:spongebob Well....This is the last update prior to Testing Tomorrow....I have in my hands an actual Tracking Number from UPS......

"The Tails Have Shipped ....The Tails Have Shipped".... :rolleyes:

After having to resort to very Nasty Methods of American Capitalistic Negotiation Techniques.....Yes I Paid them more money.....to get them into "my production schedule"....

BEHOLD THE POWER OF CHEESE!!!!!! :beer:

Now if they actually come in correct, and with all of the ancillary parts...they will be on my Motor Tonite! :spongebob

The real fun is that all of this lead up to the DustOff when I would be normally waxing and polishing, greasing this...and shining that.....Well I have not been able to do any of that! :umbrella:

And anyone who knows me realizes that is incredibly frustrating for me....and has pushed my "CHI" (spelling Cheee) into all sorts of disproportionate areas....my Karma has been soooo messed up....I am actually starting to grow hair on my head! :puke:

So I have waxed my little engine hatch to death, Cuz I had it here to paint the underside from the removal of the great Egg Crate Insulation Conspiracy.....and I am resigned to having to feel fulfilled with such a lame gesture in preparation for what is normally an entire Ceremony of Checklists and Consternations...... :biggrin: .....It's a dry hump to say the least......

But Tomorrow...sometime after 11:00 am, I will be staring at the Modified 22 Classic that has caused sooooo much discussion and turmoil in my small world that it could be argued was actually consuming me....I know it has financially!

I will post more Pics when our Crew is back from Lake George...we are keeping our fingers crossed for the initial Splash Tests.....I am Told we have some plan "B's" up our sleeve if a Shifter Gremlin creeps up.... :bonk:

mphatc
06-16-2004, 05:19 AM
Good Luck Doc!!

Atleast you're ready to run!!!

Mario

RickSE
06-16-2004, 10:36 AM
Good Luck Doc.
I'd be interested in your comments on the 500 with straight pipes. If you think it's too loud?? Mine has mufflers and although I didn't like them at first they're growing on me now. It has a very nice deep subtle tone at idle. The boat is basically a sleeper until you open the throttle.

Dr. Dan
06-23-2004, 09:46 PM
:smash: Well....I thought I would bring this Story to a close....Thursday before Lake George we drove to Mamaroneck, New York to stick this thing in the water and see if it floats! After a Torrential Rain Storm for an hour an a half after we arrived...we decided...the break in the clouds would provide us a window of opportunity to Fire it up.

Holden did the Forklift...and Liz and I watched our Investment Rise to new heights! :bonk:

Dr. Dan
06-23-2004, 09:52 PM
:smash: Well it Floats.....

Mr X
06-23-2004, 10:00 PM
Wow!! Dan, looks awesome!!!
Very professional looking installation. ;)

Ted

Rootsy
06-23-2004, 10:01 PM
ok dan.. we know if floats.. BUT HOW DOES IT RUN!!!!! :D

J - listening to the rumor mill.. :yes:

Dr. Dan
06-23-2004, 10:16 PM
:spongebob Well....it does run like a Scalded Dog like Brad said....very impressive! The CMI Tails were worth the wait,albeit a long one! They lined up perfectly, we used Soft Sided Blue Silicone Exhaust Hose to make the connection to the Thru Hulls, pretty neat stuff...more flexible to work with!
The first concern was would it cool itself, we removed the King Cobra Impellar in the Drive, we kept all of the Seals,Gaskets and other necessary items to seal it up...but the cool water was going to be pumped from the Blue Pill up front....Merc. Style...,using the King as the pick up source,would this work? Yes....water pressure and Temps were where they needed to be..... :p
Next concern, and probably the largest unknown was would it Shift in and Out of Gear...as it should? We utilized the OMC Linkage...fitted it the the CMI's and Holden worked his Magic....it worked great....no issues...
We ran it out into Long Island Sound a few miles with the 23 Turbo...which has been its stock prop....then we came back in and installed the 25 Turbo....this matched up to the Engines RPM's well...so we ran the weekend with it...and I will likely keep it on there until I get more seat time....
Once in Lake George at 1:30 am on Friday...we dunked it at Chics Marina....Dwight and Liz and I detailed it the best we could...considering it had sat in a Quansit Hut for 3.5 Months...Thanks Dwight....for all of the help in the Hot Sun.
After a couple of Days of Playin with it...on Sundays full Lake Cruise...I was comfortable enough to let it run and spread its new wings a little........We made it up to 78 MPH which is as fast as my Cajones would allow myself to run....it still had more left in RPM's and in Trim....soooooo this story will continue to write itself over the course of the Summer!
I want to Thank Everyone for bearing with me in this endeavor....and for some very good counsel in some of the decisions that were finalized in the finished product.....I could not have done it with out you...I also want to Thank Holden Kramer of Nichols Yacht Yard for such a professional job...and his incredible patience with my Anal Retentive Attitude during this Phase of the Modified 22,also Woody from Nisongers in working thru the Dash & Components with us.....The boat will cruise comfortably in the 60's and at 78 mph, it is already a conservative 20 MPH increase over its previous top end....so, Liz and I are very Happy with the Turn Out....
The Best of Show Award at the DustOff was very nice to receive...although...I could argue...there were alot of very nice improved and modified Donzis that deserved it as well...Brads X-18 especially...that thing is nuts! Lastly...I can't say enough about the woman I married...she tolerates alot from me...and I always say...." I Married Much Better Than She Did"...Thanks Liz.....

See Ya On The Water....And Thanks For Keeping Pace With Me During Phase 1 of the Blue Pill Project.....The New Blue Venom Edition will continue to grow...and try to continue to meet the expectations and live up to the "Legend of Don Aronow!"

Doc :beer:

Cuda
06-23-2004, 11:02 PM
Congratulations Doc! It all seems worth the aggravation when I comes together and meets or in this case exceeds your expectations. Not only does it look beautiful, that a very respectable number you are hitting. If you're like me, I like having a boat that I don't have the cajones to find out what all out top end is. Keeps me from wanting to mess with it anymore. Are you bringing it to Sarasota this year?

Woodsy
06-24-2004, 06:51 AM
I told ya! I told ya! I am glad you saw more than a few mph over your 75mph goal.... and there is more left? I can't wait to see that thing run at Winni! Congrats Doc!

Woodsy Von Outboard... currently sssslllloooowwwww

Dr. Dan
06-24-2004, 07:18 AM
:bonk: Thanks Guys.....Liz likes it too.....Summer appearances are on the books for Winnie , 1000 Isles, Fall Picnic or Potomac Poker Run with Brad, Woodsy's Scavenger Hunt on Winni and Mikes Manic Festival down South. Outside of that ...it will be on the Chesapeake Bay and getting shined up in the Yard.

:wavey: Doc

undertaker
06-24-2004, 08:29 AM
Looks great Doc :shocking: The new motor looks sweeet and am glad is running well for you hope to see you on the Chesapeake sometime we should try and hook up, since I will be trying to do a lot of boating on the Bay this year :yes: Wife and I are planning to go to Florida in October maybe we can get a ride :eek!: Talk to ya. :spongebob

mattyboy
06-24-2004, 08:39 AM
Liz and dan,
the boat is awesome !!!! I didn't get to see it much on the run which means you weren't in the back with the little guys anymore you were up front with the big dogs :) ;) :yes:
There is a saying in Golf the golfer with the fastest cart never gets a bad lie, to apply this to us
the guy with the fastest Donzi always get good water!!!
cya at 1000 isles,

Matty

boldts
06-24-2004, 08:57 AM
Dan,

Fantastic results! As others have said, looks like a first class instalation. The dash is beautiful and 78 with still more under the hatch? Nothing like a sleeper with everything all fitting under the engine cover.

Hope to visit my brother this summer in PA and maybe meet you and Liz down on the bay again for dinner. That was a fun night last time.

I'll be waiting to see the plans for stage number 2. I know you've put a lot of coin into her and it looks like it was well spent. 78 is serious speed and I'm sure hydraulic steering is in the plans for stage 2? You both take care and be safe!

BUIZILLA
06-24-2004, 09:01 AM
Hey DD, is it blistering the paint off the outdrive yet? :wink:

JH :yes:

DoTheMath
06-24-2004, 09:46 AM
WOW!! What an awesome rig DD, it looks to have been worth the work and the wait! :yes: With all the talk about people traveling from points far away for the event on Winni, I am going to have to seriously consider taking in the event, would be great to put some faces with some names.

Dr. Dan
06-24-2004, 03:40 PM
:bonk: Scott, I am researching Steering Systems as we speak...the reality is I won't be seeing the Top End of our speed capability too often on the Chesapeake Bay...just when I wanna irritate some unsuspecting Prey. I would suspect we will be in the 50 to 60 Range in our home ports....some of the Rivers allow calmer conditions.....once I gather all of my financial data on what I want...then I will evaluate it against what Phase II Improvements...I am considering! At present....it's between a Custom Made Set Up for the King Cobra....which is what it is! The other Options in the Hopper are a Full Mercury XR ITS Set Up. And of course....I am in constant communication with our resident Naval Architect/Engineer on an Arneson or Surface Drive System. :smash:
I want a Season to get used to it....and then I will likely acquire a New Trailer and a New Interior over this Winter. I am very happy with the hulls attitude on the water at all ranges of speed...and conditions...I think it makes a good argument for not doing too many changes at once....and it provides the insight of comparisons. :jestera:

Jim...Yes its pulling the Paint on the right side...just in front of the Prop....I touch it up regularly in between meets anyway...so I will just have to make it more frequent.

Math Man.... If you're living on Winni and you own a Donzi...ya better be at the Poker Run....it would be some sort of Bandit Sacriledge if ya don't make it!..Look forward to meeting you...we always have a great time on the Great Winni Run.

This year will be better than ever...... :spit:

Doc :shades:

MOP
06-24-2004, 07:13 PM
When I first met Doc in person I was was very taken in by him and his boat, his first words were "Its a Sickness" even then I thought yeah right its a love affair and this lucky bugger has two love affairs a great boat and a really great lady! Looking forward to seeing you two or should I say three up close again!

Phil

A- P.S. I blame Dan and Scott MP for getting me afflicted with a 22! And a thanks to Liz for letting him be a BOY!

DoTheMath
06-25-2004, 09:12 AM
Hmmm, sounds like doctors orders in this case might best be taken!? :) I knew the passion for these classics ran deep, but I didn't know it was this deep... some serious boats on this site. Who do I contact to get in on this run, anyone - Bueller - anyone? :biggrin:

bverd
06-25-2004, 09:31 AM
Very very deep...

Here is the link for the info on the run at Winnie. http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34628

Hope to see you there.

--bverd

DoTheMath
06-25-2004, 12:43 PM
bverd~

Cool, thanks for the info, I'll contact them and sign us up. Looking forward to it, sounds like it should be a lot of fun!