PDA

View Full Version : A late tale of Camaraderie

MOP
03-27-2004, 09:05 AM
I should have kept the post going as it unfolded but lost it in the sauce, I needed a trailer for a Biz deal of mine. I put out some feelers and Charlie a.k.a. (Need for Speed) came to the rescue with a trailer in Fla. Now how to get it to NY. Thankfully George a.k.a. (gcarter) and resident physician Dr. Dan came to the rescue. Charlie did a 500+ loop getting it to George then it went nearly 900 to get to Dan who did 140 to our meeting place. Dan and I hooked up via cell on the morning of our meeting, we were chewing away trying to find each other on 78 when Dan said Oh ****! After a few seconds he told me one of the guide bar tops blew off at 70 (History). We got together is some nondescript "Berg in the PA mountains" swapped the trailer to my truck and tried to find a place to have coffee and shoot the breeze but the "Berg" had nothing, so much to my dismay we parted. From there to the Cross Bronx the trip was un eventful. All of a sudden while doing 40- 45 a damn road Alligator jumped up hit my truck then hit the trailer bashing a fender, all I could think of was the darn thing made 1600 miles to get banged up on the home stretch. When I got to the QTH I called the people that were getting the trailer and told my tall of "Woe"! To my surprise they thought my description of the last leg was hilarious "Thank You Lord" What is all this Gibberish leading to! NO NOT :beer: :beer:

But "A" big thank you to "Charlie" "George" and " Dan" Would not have happened without you guys! Attribute to the Power of the Board!