PDA

View Full Version : BH hydraulic steering?

MOP
03-26-2004, 07:04 PM
Will the bravo wing plate fit the Blackhawk?

Bad-Tat
03-26-2004, 08:05 PM
No it will not. Blackhawk has different width at the back of the drive. I had to take the back cover off mine as well.

MOP
03-26-2004, 08:25 PM
Bill will I have to make it or is it an available item?

Bad-Tat
03-26-2004, 08:30 PM
Brett Mays of Mayfair steering made my setup. That plate was his for a Blackhawk but we found out that there were in fact 3 different castings for that drive. He just milled out the throat both deeper and wider to make it fit. It is still a very tight fit. Had to take off those thick Blackhawk decals to get it past the top gear case. Brett is now with Hardin Marine so give him a call there. When I got mine he was with Eikert.

Greg Maier
03-26-2004, 08:36 PM
I have an IMCO Bravo Wingplate and ten minutes later with a die grinder, it was a Blackhawk Wingplate.

MOP
03-26-2004, 08:47 PM
I can see this will take some exploring, I will be running it pretty easy for the first 15 hours so I have a little time. It may be easier for me to make my own I have use of very heavy metal working machines for my personal projects. Do either of you have some top down shots of your plates? That would be of help in design and easier than winging it.

Phil