PDA

View Full Version : Pacific NW 2004

Scubado
03-26-2004, 03:24 PM
We had such a great time at lake Chelan with our Donzi get together last June I think we should try it again. Is anyone else getting spring fever here in the Pacific Northwest?

The campground we used last year was just the ticket, how does the first week of June look to everyone? June 4,5,6???

Jeff

EricG
03-28-2004, 01:04 PM
I'm in, I'm bringing the new "toy" to play with in the rough stuff....I can't wait! :) :)

That weekend should work for me...although If I recall, the lake was still pretty low then - we may want to consider pushing it back a week or two just to be sure the level is good at 25 Mile Creek... but I'm pretty open the whole month, so I'll do whatever.

Any of the Canadians want to come this year...trust me - you don't want to miss it!!

-EG
-Haveing to think about Fuel Docks for the first time in 4 years

Formula Jr
03-28-2004, 03:15 PM
Have fun guys. I'll be in Italy (Florence then Venice) in June and July. Yes, it has something to do with a woman............ I'll have to resist the urge to bolt a pair of 225s to the back of one of them Gondolas.
Lenny, you are gonna love Chelan in the afternoon. That was some of the best following seas I've ever experienced.

L'estremo L'acqua

EricG
03-28-2004, 04:37 PM
Well Jr, I suppose being on another continent is a good excuse to skip the gathering this year....are you still going to be in town this week for cocktails?

I was just looking at the calendar, Kath has finals the week after the 6th, I'd like to propose the 11-13th instead... But I'm flexible if that doesn't work for you Jeff.

The fact that it's actually sunny and warm here today isn't helping with the spring fever - I want to be boating today!

Jeff, are you going to be around the week of the 12th of April? I'm going to be in the Spokane area (Sandpoint) for the week....

-EG

Scubado
03-29-2004, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the reply Eric and JR! Hope you guys had a great year. I'd like to see some pics of the new toy Eric. Do you still have the yellow 22? Let me know your schedule when you're in Sandpoint, I'll be around for sure. Lake Pend Oreille is awsome! Big, deep, and clear. The Navy did submarine training there durring WWII. We could go for a bit of a boat ride if it's not too cold.

Congratulations Owen it sounds like l'amore. Do you think you'll have any problems getting the "Donzi Dog" through customs? Will you be back for boating in Aug?

As for Chelan, June 18-20th might be best for me. I agree that it would be better to wait for higher lake elevations. My sister and I will be in Bermuda the weekend of the 11th-13th. What do you think?

Jeff

EricG
03-29-2004, 11:37 AM
quote:
"My sister and I will be in Bermuda the weekend of the 11th-13th. What do you think?"

I think you suck ;) Although we just booked our cruise in the Bahama's for later in the year too...so I guess I can't be too jealous.

I think we should officially declare the 2nd Annual Lake Chelan Gathering for the weekend of June 18-20.

I'll book my campsite this week unless we decide on another change.

As far as my new toy - I don't have any pictures of my own yet - since I haven't actually seen it - but there are some good pictures on the for sale thread: Link (http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33739) . My Z21 is over in your neighborhood now. I sold it to an older guy who is going to pull it behind his motorhome. I talked to him a couple of weeks ago and he said he had had it wetsanded, I bet it really shines nice!

I'll be in Sandpoint April 12-16 to launch high speed internet (tell anyone you know that lives up there to call Northland and subscribe ;)). We'll have to try to hook up for dinner or something.

Take care,
EG

Scubado
03-29-2004, 11:55 AM
June 18-20 it is! I'll get a campsite as well. I can't remember which sites were down by the water though. Do you recall the prime campsite numbers? I promise not to take your spot :D

We'll have to get together when you're in Sanpoint for sure. Let me know what day works best for you. When does your boat arrive? You're going to have a lot of fun with that one!

EricG
03-29-2004, 02:10 PM
I went ahead and booked spot 23 again. The Lake Shore spots are 22, 24, 25, etc. You can go to State Parks Reservations (http://www.parks.wa.gov/reserve.asp) to book your spot at 25 Mile Creek State Park. They have a really nice reservation setup and map system that shows you what's available. It looked like about a third of the park is full for that weekend already.

So, who else is in?

EG

MXRoadster
03-30-2004, 01:23 AM
I'm in!!!!!
I booked campsite 24 from the 17th to the 21st. I should have the Hornet up and running by then :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Eric, congratulations on the 18 it looks great in the pictures. I look forward to seeing it up close and then bumming a ride in it. :biggrin:

Owen, Italy for two months??? Now that should be a fun time.

So who else is in?

David

EricG
03-30-2004, 01:41 PM
That's great that your coming in the Hornet David!

So, as long as we get Daryl to get the 18 out of the Museum again this year, we could potentially have a boat from every decade represented:
Daryl - 60's - 18
Me - 70's - 18
David - 80's - Hornet
90's? - Oops, we need one of these too! Is Desiree's 16 by any chance a 99?
Jeff - 2000's - ZX

I hope more are coming too! Is it June yet?

Here's a teaser Last Year (http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25507)

-EG

Scubado
03-30-2004, 03:02 PM
Desi's 16 is a 1999, she and Daryl will both be there. We need someone with a 22 classic too so we can represent the full line up of Donzi Classics too. Looks like it's going to be a great trip! Can't wait to see that hornet David, I've never seen one in person before.

EricG
04-02-2004, 01:41 PM
I just checked the reservation system...it looks like we are slowly filling up the lower bowl at 25 Mile Creek. Get your reservations soon if you want to be part of the action!

We now officially have every decade represented, and I emailed another board member who is bringing a 22 classic, so we have all 3 classic's represented.

Hmmm...what's that leave? A GT, a Blackhawk, and an X-18. :rolleyes:

So Lenny, Thriller, and Jeff - are you guys coming?

-EG

EricG
04-13-2004, 01:25 PM
Back to the Top....I don't want any of the few NW folks to miss this thread...

Jeff, I ended up doing a marathon Wed-Friday trip to Sandpoint last week instead of this week. I'll have to look you up next time....Lake Pend Orielle definitely looks like a future Donzi Gathering site :biggrin.:

-EG
"Does anyone know where my boat is?"

MikeGalos
04-13-2004, 01:28 PM
We're not sure what our June schedule will be yet (the joys of having a start-up business) but we'll keep track as much as we can.

DJ13
04-14-2004, 03:45 PM
June 18-20 sounds like it just may work for me to drag my '99 22ZX over the mountains. Barring the unexpected, I hope to show up!

Lenny
04-15-2004, 11:18 AM
I am doing my best to get "these kitchens" finished so that I can spend a bit of time playing with the GT's engine mounts on the stringers. I have all of July and the first two weeks of August off and my plan is to simply be in the boat every day. So my goal is the end of June to have it ready, a few weeks sooner might be possible. If so, I will be there :)

Nothing like a "close" Donzi function. Owen, have fun in Italy. :D

Scubado
04-22-2004, 04:58 PM
Eric,

Sorry I missed you, hope you had a great time in Sandpoint, ID. There are lots of great lakes over here. Coeur D' Alene, Pend Oreille, Priest, and Lake Roosevelt are all incredibly beautiful and large. Lake Chelan stands out as one of the best though. I'm really looking forward to this trip! Have you received your 18 yet?

Looks like we have at least four Donzis comming from the east side now, two more are trying to schedule. Hope to see our Canadian friends so we have a true international meet. That Black Hawk is a nice looking boat, it would be great to see it run. Get to work Lenny! I'll be in the San Juans in a couple of weeks for some diving. Any chance you'll be around Haro Straight?

EricG
04-22-2004, 09:07 PM
My trip to Sandpoint was a marathon - I had to work almost 20 hours straight to get the system up and running...but it's working now :biggrin: .

No 18 yet...it's supposed to be delivered Tuesday. Well, technically, it's supposed to be delivered 3 weeks ago, but that's another issue :confused:

I'm also really looking forward to this trip...we should have at least 6-8 boats, which will be quite an improvement over the last couple years.

I sure hope the canadian's can make it... I want to see both boats from North of the boarder pretty badly...

Less than 2 months :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

-EG
Insurance - check. Gear - check. Numbers - check. Boat....damn, I knew I was missing something.

EricG
05-26-2004, 11:35 PM
We're 3 1/2 weeks away....I thought I'd bring this back to the top for anyone who doesn't know about it.

I just checked the 25 Mile Creek Reservation system..there are still 3 spots left in the lower area...

I'm looking forward to this gathering more and more every day...

So Len, are you gonna have the GT ready?

-EG

Formula Jr
05-27-2004, 04:38 AM
To those that are thinking about Lk. Chelan:
You will not find a better set of lake, wind fed following waves than the run back from Steheken in the afternoon if there is a north wind. Its pure joy with two and a half to threes with whitecaps widely spaced. Absolutely, Donzi turf. Course I distoyed my Seaswirl with wild abandon, everything came apart on that boat. The water was so nice. I had to go for it. Still fixing things on that boat. Of lakes, this is in my national top two for scenery, and at the top for good jumping waves in a following sea. If you want to see something really different, and spectatackual on a lake, this is the place and time to go to an event. This is a player's event. You will have more fun than three otters in a bath tub.

Koenig
05-30-2004, 02:12 PM
I might pop up for a visit. No need to camp Chelan is 30 minutes from my house! A nice hotel on the beach exist's in Chelan! They have dock space. If anybody wants a room instead let me know. One of the company's we control is a good name for dropping in getting good rates!

DJ13
06-01-2004, 11:40 AM
Koenig,

You wouldn't be talking about Darnell's in Chelan, would you?

EricG
06-01-2004, 02:25 PM
A hotel, at a PNW Donzi Gathering - we wouldn't hear of it ;) We're all naturalists over here in the Northwest, remember :D

Actually, to me, the camping part of these gathering's has always been one of the treats. Kath isn't really big on camping, but once a year, I can drag her out to the Donzi gathering, just because they are so much fun. The rest of the year is nothing but Hotels for us :frown: .

I just realized that this will be the third straight year for the Annual NW Donzi campout - and they keep getting bigger and better. Without the camping part, you'd miss Owen's lawnchair bed, Subado's circus tent, and Lenny's Holiday Inn on wheels :biggrin.:

Koenig, drop on by...we'd love you meet you. I'm sure there will be plenty of seats availible, but watch out for Darrell's 18 - last year he was testing the Ejector seat. The seat ejected perfectly by itself last year - this year I here he is looking to find a human tester to see if it will fly out with someone on it ;)

-EG

Brian Main
06-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Is there a schedule of events for each of the different days at lake Chelan?

Koenig
06-05-2004, 04:00 PM
Yeah, Darnells or the Best Western. I'll have to lie a little in making reservation's. Never stayed at either, so will not comment if they are good places to stay. I'm going into Seattle, Mon., maybe tuesday, see if I can finance a little something! So I might not need to bum a ride. Just in case I do have a company gas card that I do not see the bill, just in case! :pimp:

MXRoadster
06-09-2004, 12:27 AM
Is there a schedule of events for each of the different days at lake Chelan?
Yup, the schedule is as follows.
Show up
Have fun
Have somemore fun
Continue having fun
Go home and go back to work :bawling:

I guess I better get to work if I'm going to make it.

EricG
06-10-2004, 02:14 PM
Wow David...looks like you've got your work cut out for you :eek!: ...I really hope we see the hornet this year.

I fly out Saturday AM for Texas, and land Thursday PM, just in time to leave first thing Friday AM for the gathering. Needless to say, I was less than thrilled about spending this week replacing the water pump and hoses on the boat. But, I think she's finally ready to go. Now I have to start packing the camping gear so it's ready for next week...

As far as schedules:
In the past our events have been so small that it's been pretty spontaneous. But, I'm figuring it will be similar to last year.

Friday folks show up and get setup - then maybe take a run toward town.

Saturday - last year we took the long run up to Stehieken on that day...something you don't want to miss!

Sunday - a quick morning run somewhere, then pick up the camp and head home.

If anyone else wants to propose a more formal approach, please do... Only 1 more week :biggrin:

-EG

MXRoadster
06-12-2004, 10:14 PM
Eric, it is going to be a close one. I am working as much as possible to get her ready, today I had some friends over to help put the motor back in the boat and change the water pump in my truck (I’m glad the truck’s water pump was caught this week and not next week). As long as nothing too drastic happens I should be towing the Hornet over on Friday.

DJ13
06-15-2004, 01:01 PM
I'm heading over on Thursday but may be boatless due to the fact that it will only be myself and my 8 year old boy. Not sure about launching solo as I usually have help. I'm wondering if anyone else might be around to lend a hand with launching? No big deal if not. :confused:

Also, anyone know if there is trailer parking available??

Formula Jr
06-15-2004, 02:42 PM
Launching is very easy at 25 Mile Creek. The ramp is well protected and docks are just to the right of the ramp. The trailer parking is on a lot to the left just before you go down a little hill to the ramp and the camping area. Buy what you need on the way in.

EricG
06-15-2004, 05:18 PM
I won't be there until midday Friday (heck, I'll still be here in Texas when you get there :biggrin.: ) - but I'll be happy to lend a hand launching if you still need it by then.

BTW Jr, remember why I told you I sold the other boat....well, it took me awhile, and I didn't take your advice and I bought the boat first, but she said yes on Saturday :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :rlol:

-EG

MXRoadster
06-16-2004, 12:57 AM
DJ13, bring the boat!!! I planed on going over on Thursday, but most likely I’ll be there on Friday (with the Hornet :crossfing ). I can also help you launch and put her back on the trailer.

DJ13
06-16-2004, 01:17 AM
Well that sounds great! Thanks Eric and David. Even if I have to wait till Friday, it's not a problem. Looks like I'll make the trek with the 22ZX in tow. I would have been feeling a little weird with nothing but a Donzi sticker on my Jeep.
Looking forward to it!

Dave :yes:

Formula Jr
06-16-2004, 07:34 PM
Congradulations Eric!!!!
I'll bet your face is a little tired from all the smiling!;):yes:

EricG
06-17-2004, 10:20 AM
Well, It's here finally. I fly back from Texas tonight at 8:00PM, so I'll be ready to roll tomorrow morning around 8:00. I can't wait to see everyone there....everyone have a safe trip over.

Here's a pic I just got from the chelan webcam....looks like it'll be a great weekend weather wise :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

See everyone soon...

-EG
"Still Smiling"

Kelly
06-22-2004, 01:34 PM
Can't believe I missed this......fawk....

:flag-mari

Brian Main
07-09-2004, 01:20 PM
Here are some pictures from the Chelan event.

DJ13
07-09-2004, 01:28 PM
I thought the camera only added 10lbs... :boggled:
Nice pix Brian! That was a fun time.

EricG
07-10-2004, 12:24 AM
Thanks for posting the Pics Brian....they turned out great!!

-EG