PDA

View Full Version : I got rid of that stupid MPH gauge..........

Donzigo
03-22-2004, 09:32 PM
I have always had a Gaffrig MPH gauge for years & to my knowledge it's never been right. (A GPS speedometer is probably the most accurate one,anyway). I thought, "wouldn't an engine RPM sychronizer make better sense". I changed the speedo to the Gaffirg engine syncronizer. Now, I don't have to listen for the matching engine drone sound to know the engines are pulling equally. I can just look down at the gauge.

.....and Oh, how it keeps the comments that used to drive me crazy, to a minimum......they always came to me loud and 2 inches from my ear, especially while I'm driving at high speeds, trying to watch for other boats, channel markers, wave conditions, strange engine noises, AND think about everybody's safety & well being. :banghead:

Which coments, you say? Comments like these: :bonk:
.....how fast does it go? (my answer is say, 60 MPH, I changed it everytime)
.....my brothers boat goes 61
.....if you got two different propellers, you could go 62
.....if you changed your brand of oil, plugs, whatever, you could go 64
.....you know, if you waxed the boat, it would go 65
.....if you put two new engines in here, I'll bet she'd go 66
.....I think your speedometer is wrong, feels more like 59
.....and on and on and on..........

Yes, life is better without a speedometer. :rlol:

Team Hula Girl
03-22-2004, 10:43 PM
If you didn't carry around a weekends supply of Corona for the crew you might be able to see what 65 feels like. :sombrero: :sombrero:

J Mitchell

Fish boy
03-23-2004, 06:58 AM
Donzigo, sounds like a gret idea, However, I bet if you would have put a second fuel gauge in the dash instead of the sunchronizer, you could have gotten her up to 67mph LOL :wink:

Seriously, I re-did my dash and left the speedo out. Only necessary gauges, and when I start passing people, I will just ask them how fast they were going. Until then, I am just slower than everyone else.

Fish

PS- new prop in my hallway and setback bracket on the way. Hoping for ludicrous speed.

Donzigo
03-23-2004, 08:34 AM
Fishboy, if you load your boat up with some of the "hotties" you I know you must have in that black book, and tell them to wear string bikinis or nothing at all, the boat will go a whole lot slower; but, the good news is: "You won't care!"

The "Donzi fun-bunch" missed you last weekend at shell.
Mitchell
Nate
Donzigo
Donzigo Jr.

turbo2256
03-23-2004, 09:28 AM
Now were will you put your used chewing gum when you want to save it?

Team Jefe
03-23-2004, 12:21 PM
DG - AGREED ! ! Speedos are useless.......
.........so I took mine outta the F350 :cool: Thinking of installing a mini DVD palyer there so I can watch movies on my roadtrips.

Fish - The Marine definition of COOL it to have a Hot Boat. You can do two things to get a Hot boat:
1. Hot Motors = Go FAST
2. Hot Babes = :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

If you have both...well, you know, what can I say.

Kent Perroux
03-23-2004, 02:00 PM
How true.

One time I took the old speedometer apart and adjusted the needle a bit on the higher side. It is amazing how many people believe that thing. :bonk:

ToonaFish
03-23-2004, 02:57 PM
Speedos are useless.......

Oh, I wouldn't say that. I think they tell a woman everything she needs to know about a man...

Bunches,

Celene 'and pegging a speedo just sounds wrong'

Ed Donnelly
03-23-2004, 04:23 PM
ToonaFish,tissue paper works in lots of places.Just don't get it wet...Ed