PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick note to say thanks

txtaz
03-22-2004, 08:13 PM
Hey Everyone,
Well I made it to Florida and bought the Classic 18. Tom was nice enough to meet me in Lake City to save time for me heading back. Jim and his brother in law really hooked me up this morning by checking out my tranny. I'm embarrased to say it was a fuel pump that the dealership took care of in an hour. (more on this later) Also, John in Tampa offered to bring the boat to me while the Jeep was getting fixed. Everyone I talked with was extremely helpful and kind hearted.
It has been a very eventful trip. I plan on writing a journal about it when I get back. For a tease...Have you ever had a phone call in your hotel room, when no one knew the number, and asked what you are wearing? It's a first for me. It was Sunday morning at 7 am no less.
The Classic 18 is awesome, everything I hoped it was. 40 hours on a 14 year old boat, I'm astounded. Tom even gave me some Donzi ropes and koozies. Plus many other things. Thanks Tom. I knew there was a reason why I busted my ass to get here before anyone else...IT'S worth it.
Ted if you read this, I would love to talk with you about the boat. I plan on keeping it for a very long time and would like to know your story about building it. BTW, nice touch on the red diamond plate engine compartment.
I will post more at the end of the week. Right now I need rest to get home.
Thanks again to everyone.
Wes

olemissalum
03-22-2004, 10:21 PM
Wes, glad to hear it was nothing major and you were able to get the boat.

Jim

Tomahawk
03-22-2004, 10:41 PM
Wes - Glad that all turned out good. Congratulations on a great boat. Now, get hooked up with the other Texas crazies and bring it to AOTH IV in May so we can meet you and admire your new Donzi!

TMANN
03-22-2004, 10:54 PM
Cangrats... Now you have to come to Posum Kingdom this year for the Texas roundup. If you happent to be swinging thru Houston in a day let me know and I will buy you lunch to see your boat. If not please post pics and make sure to make a trip to Clear Lake this year for a weekend. Again Congrats

TMANN

Fish boy
03-23-2004, 07:03 AM
congrats wes, and glad it worked out for you. Dont be shy about dragging your new toy to get together with other folks here on the registry. Definitely try to make it to AOTH- should be some folks coming from Texas that you can caravan with.

fish

Team Jefe
03-23-2004, 12:46 PM
Well we lost and 18 and gained and 18 so I guess Texas just evened out.

Glad you back in the Lone Star, TAZ.

Anymore trailer questions, drop me a line. I just redid mine and have lots of god info....Plus I learned from the Best, FarmerTX. Mark can do wonders with some bailing wire and beer cans (Just ask TMANN :smile: )

MOP
03-23-2004, 04:16 PM
RLOL MP My pants are wet!

Wes now you are finding out what a great group is up here, gald I clued you in. Can't wait for a few pics with bugs stuck to you teeth!

Phil / MOP

txtaz
03-25-2004, 06:08 AM
I guess I'm showing my "newbiness". Can someone fill me in on what "gendarme o the sea magnet" means? I looked up gendarme and it means French police. I'm lost.
Thanks

pmreed
03-25-2004, 07:46 AM
Wes, Check out the 4th picture in Poodle's post. The third boat in the picture ( the non-Donzi with the bimini) was a water cop :fire: . He'd stopped Ted for, I think, going a little too fast in a Manatee Zone. So gendarme of the sea would be the Sheriff's boat patrol or any other legally constituted group designed to control fun on the water. Actually, most of'em are all right, but there are a few flaming a##holes.

Phil

txtaz
03-25-2004, 08:00 AM
Thanks Phil,
That is too funny. Thankfully the lake I run on doesn't have many water cops and they aren't out often.
BTW, is that Ted from Florida who used to work for Donzi? Is the boat in those pics the one I just bought?
Thanks for the info.
Wes

pmreed
03-25-2004, 03:00 PM
Wes, Yes and Yes. The passenger is the well known advertising guru Mike Miller.

Phil

txtaz
03-25-2004, 04:30 PM
Phil,
Thanks for the reply. Any info you have on the boat would be great. I also would like to get in touch with Ted to learn more about the boat but don't know his userID here.
Any help is appreciated.
Wes