PDA

View Full Version : northern skunkworks continue ;)

Rootsy
03-21-2004, 06:55 PM
Spring is on it's way... sap is flowing fromt he maples, i've seen the sun for the first time in months... i put shorts on yesterday!!! time to get ready for summer ;) looks like things are coming together nicely... just a nip and a tuck here and there to go :D And spend some dough on a cylinder :bawling:

Rootsy - hi ho hi ho faster we shall go ;) IN CONTROL of course :)

Rootsy
03-21-2004, 07:20 PM
Shouldn't this be in the "Whatever you want to talk about section??"

apparently you thought so ;)

NOW... does anyone have the templet for mounting an IMCO System for an Alpha on the transom??? you know.. where to place the transom bracket...

JR - drilling holes gives me the willies...

smoothie
03-21-2004, 07:23 PM
Well, I'm on the phone with Ole Red at the moment, he just wants to slap some sense into ya.. Apparently you are hallucinating, it's snowing at his house...

The other Scott

Shouldn't this be in the "Whatever you want to talk about
section??"

:biggrin.: yea really...I bet he doesnt have shorts on today,the pcs,parts is his new rootamatic steering apparatus.going with a single cylinder I presume.

Root heres a chart for mounting location (http://www.imcomarine.com/pages/orderinginfo.html#Mounting location) What I did was assemble the cylinder to the outdrive and to the transom bracket,put a level on it and marked my holes thru the bracket,no need to measure twice,check to see whats on the other side before ya drill.

Rootsy
03-21-2004, 10:10 PM
Smoothie,

yes single ram assist right now... i was going to do full dual ram but home projects for the year is prohibiting a full system so we'll go in steps...

heck i have 20 hours in what is in that photo as it is... and i still have the wing plate to go... did i mention I HATE machining stainless without coolant?

and i think there is another 70mph 16 brewing somewhere within the great lakes state ;)

smoothie
03-22-2004, 09:58 AM
Smoothie,

yes single ram assist right now... i was going to do full dual ram but home projects for the year is prohibiting a full system so we'll go in steps...

heck i have 20 hours in what is in that photo as it is... and i still have the wing plate to go... did i mention I HATE machining stainless without coolant?

and i think there is another 70mph 16 brewing somewhere within the great lakes state ;)

So whats Sam been up to this winter....

tamburello
03-22-2004, 12:05 PM
Jamie, veeeery cool! I'm looking forward to seeing your handiwork in person. I should be able to get a good look at it as I try to keep up with you. :moped:

- Jeff

Sam
03-22-2004, 05:52 PM
Ahhhhhh......................not much Smoothie just swaping my Gen II for a beautiful Alpha SS. James is helping me out with some mods necessary when mating an Alpha I upper to a Gen II transom assembly. I should have it in the water within a month and then the prop testing begins again.

Sam :biggrin.: