PDA

View Full Version : Sarasota Bound!

RICPAZ
03-19-2004, 01:32 PM
After much discussion with the fiancee we have decided to move to the Sarasota area. While Fort Myers would have been nice, we think it should be easier to find jobs in the Sarasota area. There seems to be much more business and industry there, plus it's fairly close to Tampa/St. Pete's. And I think I can still do the boat/auto detailing business there if I choose to go that route. We're leaving CT on Tuesday and will stay temporarily in Davenport until we get settled in Sarasota. We're looking for a month to month furnished rental apt. or house that we can stay in until we land jobs. Hopefully we can move into a rental during the first week of April. Once we get a stable income then we'll look at buying a house and have our furniture and stuff moved down. Hopefully within a few months. Hope to see you guys at one of your boating adventures this summer! Thanks for answering all my questions!! (I may have a few more).

Take care,
Rich

Fish boy
03-20-2004, 12:03 AM
Hey Rich,
Welcome to the SEADOGs. Sarasota is a nice place, and surprisingly, it is about as far from sarasota to st.pete/clearwater as it is from sarasota to tampa; something to keep in the back of your mind when job hunting. Bradenton is also near sarasota (a little north of sarasota, almost as nice as sarasota, but a litle more laid back.

Now for a little not so good news. The population in Sarasota tripples during "the season" which runs from Thanksgiving to Easter. All dem damn yankees and canadians who can't handle their winters (LOL) move down here during those months. If you are coming prior to Easter, you might find it a little tougher to find rental housing than after easter. Additionally, it is now spring break and will be for the next month. Lots of vacancies snapped up by the breakers.

Not impossible to find a place, but thought I would give you a heads up as to the local happenings.

One more thing- most rental prices during the season are also higher whether it is at a hotel , house,...whatever. Generally come down a little after easter.

Hopefully one of the members who live in the sarasota area mght have a few sugestions.

Good luck, and welcome to the SEADOGs!

Fish

Donzigo
03-20-2004, 06:54 AM
Rick,

Ditto - (that stuff Fish said).

Welcome to the world of boating on the west coast of Florida. You're in good company. Come hang out with us soon.

RICPAZ
03-20-2004, 07:46 AM
Thanks guys! I'll be in Sarasota on the 29th looking for a place. Once I get settled I'll definitely come hang out with the Seadogs!!

-RIch

RICPAZ
03-22-2004, 07:58 AM
We are hittin' the road early tomorrow morning for Florida so I won't have internet access for a few weeks until I get settled in Sarasota and hook up my computer again, Hopefully during the first week of April. Talk to you guys then!

Take care,
Rich