PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions

Cuda
03-15-2004, 04:57 PM
Now that I closing in on the nuts and bolts of power, I am thinking about the next stage for the Minx. I want to redo the interior, and have it painted. I am seriously considering doing it in all white with a yellow stripe, I have a certain affinity for yellow boats. If I decide to stay with blue, I still want to have the bottom part of the hull done in white. I don't like the blue lower part of the hull, it makes the boat look like it has bottom paint. While I'm at it, should I remove the horns on the deck? Debbie HATES the horns. Do most of you keep them when updating a boat?

Here's what it looks like now.

Cuda
03-15-2004, 05:02 PM
If any of you have pictures of white/yellow or yellow/white boats, please post them so I can give Deb and idea of what "her" boat will look like.

If I go to yellow, I have a head start on the interior. I bought these seats to put in a 20SC Formula I'm fooling with, but I could put them in the Minx instead, then just have the rear cusions redone to match.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33696

Ed Donnelly
03-15-2004, 05:03 PM
I think I would listen to Debbie. It would likely make her work easier...Ed

Cuda
03-15-2004, 05:04 PM
I am not real concerned with keeping the "originality" of it, since I have already bastardized the boat by eschewing the original EFI engine in favor of a carbed version.

Thanks for any comments.

Brad Lyon
03-15-2004, 05:42 PM
Here is one sweet looking yellow Donzi. This is Woodsy's 22, same colors as my 18 but my boat does not look this good, maybe someday!

Brad
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29542

Cuda
03-15-2004, 06:28 PM
Regardless of the engine, I think it is one of a few, or maybe one with the factory blue gelcoat bottom.. Something that might be a bit pricey to revert to later in life..

BTW, I think it may have been used in movie. I saw something on late late nite TV a couple months ago where they had a boatyard scene and there was a blue bottomed Minx there. Shot @ Jones boatyard on the river, I passed out b4 writing the movie name down :eek:

Damnit Poodle, now you make it an even harder decision. :bawling:

MOP
03-15-2004, 06:34 PM
Localy there is a late 16 all white hull yellow stripe and yellow piping on the upolstry. I think it looks sharp as hell.

Phil

BUIZILLA
03-15-2004, 06:51 PM
My .02,,,,

1) I think you should do everything possible to restore the original gel and colors, top, bottom and sides. That is what gives every boat a personality, something a little bit different from anybody else. A one of a kind Classic is only original once... besides, you already have a massively yellow boat ;)

2) Get rid of those misplaced FL numbers and FL decal... and the cow horn..

3) Add a chine tape stripe to exactly match the deck offset color mini-stripe, leaving the blue bottom and blue main deck stripe

OR

change the offset pin stripe color to yellow on the deck and chine, get white seats with yellow piping and dark blue snap in carpet. Kinda like a Sunoco blue/yellow combo. Very subtle, very clean and classy.

J :shades:

Above all, leave the original hull and deck colors alone.

Cuda
03-15-2004, 08:13 PM
Dude,

It's not in my job description to make your life easier.. :D :D :D

To add to the pressure: Is it coming to Dora?? I have a bottle of champagne for the launching..

The other Scott

Hell no we aint breaking the bottle, we're drinking it!! :chilipepp

It's going to be damn close, too close to call.

Cuda
03-15-2004, 08:14 PM
Dude,

It's not in my job description to make your life easier.. :D :D :D

Why do I get the feeling you have said this at work before?? :)

Fish boy
03-15-2004, 09:26 PM
yellow and white makeover

Cuda
03-15-2004, 10:54 PM
yellow and white makeover

Thanks FB, how about doing one for me with white and just the yellow stripe.

Fish boy
03-15-2004, 11:29 PM
my photoshop skill leave something to be desired, but here is white w/yellow stripe.

JimG205
03-17-2004, 09:50 PM
The Horn has got to go-mine is under the deck,much cleaner looking.Bring back the shine to the bottom with some wet sanding and buffing-do a yellow waterline stripe and accent the blue top with yellow.Yellow piping on the seats.That's the way I'd go if it were mine-but it's yours-go with what's gonna make you feel good.Waitng for pics-Jim