PDA

View Full Version : 22 food Grady White

Ralph Savarese
03-14-2004, 06:56 PM
I know this is a little off the Donzi Subject .Well heres the question?
I am interested in a 22 foot Grady White at White Water marine in Sayville
92 loaded walk around with an I/O 260 . Any idea what the price range this thing should be?

Magicallbill
03-15-2004, 03:43 AM
Hey Ralph,
What a cool yellow Donzi in your pic! Is that a Ski Sporter? What year?
Oh yeah, to your Grady question; I sold my 22 Ft G/W Seafarer 22(1992) with a 250 Yamaha OB for 21000.00 last Oct. The boat was in really, and I mean REALLY good shape, fresh-water only, garage-kept, and had only a depth sounder.(I kept my VHF)
I don't know whether an I/O would bring the price up or down; There aren't too many I/O Gradys that I've seen. Your boats condition, how it runs, etc. will obviously influence the price.
I could've waited 'till spring to sell and probably made a bit more. but, guess what.. I needed the money to restore my '68 Ski Sporter!
Good luck, bill

Ralph Savarese
03-15-2004, 10:19 AM
My boat is a 66 18 2+3 triple hatch My father bought it new in 66

Magicallbill
03-16-2004, 03:07 AM
Ralph,
If your family has had that since 66, that's incredible! Very few people keep their spouses 1/2 that long!
If you decide to buy the Grady you were looking at, or any other you won't be dissappointed. They are really well-built and hold their value fairly well. I kept mine for 10 years and had it on the Great Lakes, lotsa inland lakes, and a few rivers. They're not the smoothest riding boats, but they're real stable and fairly dry 'till you get above 4-footers. I'm not a fisherman, but I've heard that they are real functional in that regard.
I'd love to see your Donzi sometime; Do you ever go to the get-togethers? Take care, have a good spring, it's almost here,
Bill

Ralph Savarese
03-16-2004, 08:20 PM
I try to go to most of the long island gatherings . I would love to go to others but I cant get vacations like other people .I am a teacher and even though we get a lot of vacation we have to take it when the students are off and that is always prime times.
Thanks for the complements always enjoy them!
Ralph