PDA

View Full Version : New 18

Surfer
07-26-2002, 07:47 AM
Just a post test of the new 18 http://www.donzi.net/photos/RLavoir004.jpg

boldts
07-26-2002, 08:51 AM
Nice. Like the no windshield look. Is the windshield still available as an option?

Surfer
07-26-2002, 02:42 PM
My boat looks exactly like yours, good taste...the windshied is an option, but I like the low clean look.

Moody Blu'
07-26-2002, 02:57 PM
are those some sort of barnegat hull lights on that classic?
maybe polypoletic lights?

Formula Jr
07-26-2002, 03:57 PM
'Blue, thats the horn (beeper) all the new boats come with these little beep, beep thingys.....Pizo-electric I think.....

tmdog
07-26-2002, 04:18 PM
I noticed the wrap around rail guarding the cockpit. Is that something new?

SundanceKid
07-26-2002, 04:27 PM
Was that taken at the dealer meeting this year? If it is, I can't help but notice that the Mercury banner that is hung up is out-dated. Their new slogan as of the Lauderdale boat show last year is "#1 on the water," and by good cause too!

Tidbart
07-26-2002, 08:53 PM
Yes, that was at the dealer's meeting. Very sharp.

Bob

Last Tango
07-26-2002, 09:49 PM
The wraparound grab bar has been standard for several years. I'm not certain when it began, but it has been there since at least 1999, The windshield continues to be an option. The white plastic thing at the bow is the horn. Those have also been there like that for at least 5 years (someone mentioned on the 22 thread that theirs was chrome in '97 or '98 but I know they returned to plastic in '99. The red hull color is an option.
The really different thing about the 18 shown at the dealers meeting (this is a picturte of it, above) is the solid red interior fabric. I have no idea whether it was an option or standard if the boat is red (I feel fairly certain this was a unique demo color to gauge dealer reaction and interest). Also new but not shown in the above picture is the new gauge arrangement. Photos of this arrangement can be seen on several of the other threads that preceeded this one regarding the Sarasota event. Search and yee shall find many more pictures and many more explanations. Since the event was only this past weekend you won't have to dig back very far.

Boatman
07-26-2002, 10:03 PM
This 18 is also going to Jasper, Al, along with the black 16 and 22 classics that were at the dealer meeting. The solid red interior is an option. We ordered a 2002 boat identical to the one in the photo with solid red seats and the boat is absolutely beautiful, so much so that the factory is calling it a "special edition". The red seats are very nostalgic and give the boat a "classic" appearance(pun intended wink )