PDA

View Full Version : New Bucket Seat Mounts

gcarter
03-13-2004, 06:52 PM
The bucket seat mounts on my '86 Minx had aparently frozen and given up the ghost years ago :mad: . Not only that, but the mounts were through bolted to the seat pedastals before the deck went on so it was difficult to use that same method to replace the mounts.
I purchased two new mounts (Garelick in this case, although I've seen some comments on this board about these). The original pencil center lines were still on the seat pedastals after I drilled out the original mounting bolts, so positioning the new mounts was easy. The standard Garelick bolt pattern did not match the molded pedastal, so I drilled four new bolt holes in the mounts that would work with the pedastals. Next I sawed 4" diameter holes in the pedastal tops. After matching and drilling the new seat mount bolt pattern into the seat pedastal, I installed 3/8" T-nuts from the botton of the pedastal, which are now accessable through the new 4" dia. hole. The T-nuts are captured with countersunk #6 screws nuts and washers through the pedastal top. The raw edge of the 4" dia. holes will be sealed with epoxy. An added benifit to this application is the new access to hull outside the stringers :) :) .
Comments and questions are invited.

George

BUIZILLA
03-13-2004, 07:22 PM
Looky at all that foam encapsulating that tank :cistineb:

George, call me on Monday concerning something I see in the left picture, that I had to change/fix on mine...

J

chip w
04-10-2015, 11:57 AM
Thanks George for the "how to". It made the replacement on my 18 Classic a lot easier! :lookaroun: