PDA

View Full Version : Quess Iam going to be HOOKED one more season>

fasttrucker
03-12-2004, 07:13 PM
:incredibl Well,could not come up with the down payment to fix the HOOK in my donzi.I had to wait for after the closeing on my new place on the chesapeake bay.Now the fiberglass shop is booked up.So ill have to run my 28zx this season without the bottom blueprinted.Anyway this might be a good thing.Better then sharing a jail cell with martha steward! :odie: :rolleyes:

Mike Ellison
03-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Fasytrucker,

What exactly is a blue printed bottom? I've heard the term, but don't really know what is involved.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Mike

MOP
03-12-2004, 10:37 PM
Basically it is the trueing of the running surface. To take out hook or rocker in the bottom along with any imperfections in the surface. If I were real deep pocketed I would true then apply the Boeing rivulets on the bottom see what that would do. Stars & Striped picked up 2/10 of a knot, to guys that never sailed that's a giggle. But taken into perspective would that equate to a mile an hour with our boats?

gcarter
03-13-2004, 05:55 AM
Basically it is the trueing of the running surface. To take out hook or rocker in the bottom along with any imperfections in the surface. If I were real deep pocketed I would true then apply the Boeing rivulets on the bottom see what that would do. Stars & Striped picked up 2/10 of a knot, to guys that never sailed that's a giggle. But taken into perspective would that equate to a mile an hour with our boats?
Phil, are you talking about the little NACA vortex generators?

George

fasttrucker
03-13-2004, 07:58 PM
They are going to remove fiberglass,rework the bottom.Its a big job to do it right and they needed to do it when they where slow in the off season.Anyway 2-g's....So I can wait till next year.The boat still is fast 77mph not bad for a 28zx with one motor. :spongebob

olemissalum
03-14-2004, 10:12 PM
What caused the hook? Improper storage or just that way from the factory?? Buddy just sent his brand new Fountain back for hook in his hull and they said it was pulled out of the mold too early. Just curious and that is fast!!!

undertaker
03-15-2004, 03:41 PM
Fasttrucker is that 77mph speedo or 77mph gps? :bonk: Just curious. I do know you ran right with my 33ZX in the Jackson Poker Run. :embarasse :boggled:

fasttrucker
04-04-2004, 07:23 AM
Donzi 1st year makin the step hull 1998.I quess they made a mistake?.. :smash: ..Undertaker how fast does your boat go?I have a speedo, so not sure on the mph?.. :outtahere .boat ran much faster in the late fall with the cooler air temps and without 3 adults+2-kids :boat: .Sorry it takes me so long to respond as I been Haulin produce from fla.Just sent in my ins. check for next season :party: