PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Poly Fuel Tanks

gold-n-rod
03-11-2004, 11:06 AM
I hope I never own any boat long enough to have to replace a fuel tank, but who knows??

I've seen lots of posts on this topic and maybe this contribution is a repost. I'm looking through the latest Overton's catalog and on page 46, they sell Moeller brand poly replacement tanks. They come in a variety of sizes and dimensions, including belly tanks. It looks like they come with S/W senders and all the right number of vents (outlets) and inlets. The dimensions are shown in the catalog.

I'm not trying to stir **** up, just pass along some info. Hope it helps someone.

goldnrod

PS: They are at: <overtons.com> if you care.

MOP
03-11-2004, 11:25 AM
I spent a lot of time researching, I spoke to a very nice tech at Donzi and was directed to the two current tank manufacturers. The problem is not the getting of the tank but the possible stringer changes that Donzi tried just prior to the OMC take over. Donzi had very good records of the changes but all the records went to OMC. When OMC bailed they took the records to parts unknown. If the particular boat not just the 16's but several models have the current fuel tank compartment you are fine a late poly will fit. If it is one with modified stringers it is very costly for custom poly tanks. I hope this helps.

Phil