PDA

View Full Version : 1976 Classic 18, 2+3, Ask $7400

krakmeup
03-10-2004, 09:11 PM
Many of you will know this as Al Vickers' old boat - do a search and see all his posts about it. I am moving up to a larger boat, time for this baby to get a new home. Ivory gel coat with painted maroon stripe and sides. White seats with maroon piping. The boat always gets attention when out and about. No windshield. New gauges. New Teleflex Hydraulic Steering setup -- no more torque steer. Recent new bushings on the drive as well as new u-joints and seals. New raw water pump. Volvo 280 in front of a low-hours 350 Chevy Corvette engine from the box, approximately 100 hours. New electronic ignition and starter, battery-- it's quick! Boat is on a roller trailer painted to match the boat. (It's the easiest-to-load setup I've ever used.). 53 mph on GPS. New 200 watt stereo. Runs like a champ! Asking $7400 for quick sale, in Houston Texas area. Call Keith on cell at 713-494-2630.

EricG
03-11-2004, 11:17 AM
Keith...

The boat looks great...thanks for the info in our conversation this AM, I'll email you some contact info.

Thanks again,

EG
"Could another classic be coming to the great NW? ;)

Kirk
03-11-2004, 01:29 PM
Eric,

Remember me....I bought Brians boat (minus engine)

Looks like a clean boat and well taken care of. Good luck with the transaction and roadtrip.

Kirk

krakmeup
03-11-2004, 02:56 PM
No problem! Good talking with you - let me know if you want specific pictures and I'll shoot some to you!

krakmeup
03-13-2004, 04:36 PM
Added outdrive pic. Closeups coming mid next week.....

krakmeup
03-15-2004, 10:39 AM
Another pic....

krakmeup
03-17-2004, 09:56 AM
:eek:

krakmeup
03-18-2004, 09:53 AM
SOLD! (Headed up to great NW! I'm off to shop again!....)

Blewbyu
03-26-2004, 04:11 AM
Didja? If you did, you'd better drop by my place on the way home and show it off!!! Need th' story..............
Best Regards- Blewbyu :umbrella:

EricG
03-26-2004, 12:32 PM
:biggrin.:
I was waiting until that big 18 wheeler shows up at my doorstep with it before I made the formal announcement, but I am sending a check down that direction today, so the boat is coming this way soon :biggrin.:. Anyone know who's got a big crane around here to lift it off the truck?

You can bet I'll be dropping by to say hi just as soon as it hits the water.

More soon....

EG
-Hmm, too bad Forrest sold his LH Ultra, I wonder who got it ;) ;) ;)

ToonaFish
03-26-2004, 07:59 PM
CONGRATULATIONS ERIC!!!!!

Yet another classic assimilation!

JimG
03-27-2004, 05:51 AM
Congrats Eric!! You got a sweetie pie!!

MOP
03-27-2004, 10:07 AM
:biggrin.:
I was waiting until that big 18 wheeler shows up at my doorstep with it before I made the formal announcement, but I am sending a check down that direction today, so the boat is coming this way soon :biggrin.:. Anyone know who's got a big crane around here to lift it off the truck?

You can bet I'll be dropping by to say hi just as soon as it hits the water.

More soon....

EG
-Hmm, too bad Forrest sold his LH Ultra, I wonder who got it ;) ;) ;)

First of all Con Grats! 18's are a great boat as are all Donzi's.

An idea, we use our fork lift take boats off trailers, we strap them or use 3/4 nylon rope to the trailer, sometimes go under the trailer and tie the forks to the trailer. Someone close by should have fork lift.

Phil

boxy
03-27-2004, 10:26 AM
Eric, we used to hold cars that were being imported into Canada for Canada Customs. Whenever a car arrived in a Sea Container, or a dry van we used to get the local towing company to send over a big tilt-n-load. Then we would either drive the car onto the flat deck, or winch it out, then once it was on the towtruck he would lower it to the ground.