PDA

View Full Version : Minx Update

Cuda
03-10-2004, 06:14 PM
The good news is I found that the EMI's won't hit the tall valve covers I have on the boat. I have a new fuel pump coming tomorrow, and a new thermostat housing coming Friday. I'm taking it in Monday to have a new cockpit cover and maybe a full cover also made for it. There is a chance I'll get it to the shop to have the engine installed late next week. I sure hope so, I don't want to be a Land Crab again at Mt Dora! :)

BUIZILLA
03-10-2004, 07:19 PM
Don't forget a new fuel pump pushrod, since the EFI went poof... :boat:

gcarter
03-10-2004, 07:32 PM
It's coming together, Cuda :lightning :lightning :checkered :checkered

George

Cuda
03-10-2004, 07:33 PM
Don't forget a new fuel pump pushrod, since the EFI went poof... :boat:

Yep, the rod is coming too. This is my first foray into the world of Chevy engines. All of my work has been done on Fords, and the rod is part of the pump.

Cuda
03-10-2004, 08:20 PM
I just remembered, I may want to go down and register the boat this week too. I don't want to end up like some others who thumb their nose at the law. :eek!: :cistineb:

gcarter
03-10-2004, 08:41 PM
I don't want to end up like some others who thumb their nose at the law. :eek!: :cistineb:
Would that be someone who lives just North of Cuba?

George

Cuda
03-10-2004, 08:44 PM
Would that be someone who lives just North of Cuba?

George

I think he was trying to convince them the boat was registered in Cuba, and therefore exempt from Florida law. :)

Cuda
03-10-2004, 08:48 PM
The coast guard auxilary was on hand at out club lunch Saturday giving inspections for the coveted sticker. One of the guys in our club failed because there wasn't enough space between his "FL" and the numbers. Funny thing is, I got written up for the same thing when I bought my Biddison in 1988. I never changed them, and have never been questioned about them since, and I've been checked several times. :)

Actually, mine was because of the space between the numbers and the "GD".

gcarter
03-10-2004, 08:51 PM
I got dinged once for the flares one month out of date.

George