PDA

View Full Version : Rotten day as a politician!

Brad Lyon
03-09-2004, 09:02 PM
I love my job as a school board member. Our board and administration and all of the staff get along real well. Everyone has one focus, what is best for our all of our kids. The pay is great, $200.00 per year which works out to be about sixty cents per hour. But today just plain sucked!

We had to suspend three middle school and two high school students and expel one high school student for selling and purchasing drugs. The real bitch is that the high school student that was expelled has held a 3.8 or better gpa since the 6th grade and was going to graduate this June. How stupid, selling drugs to middle school students, what a rotten day.

Brad

Ranman
03-09-2004, 09:08 PM
Just out of shear curiosity, what were they selling?

Brad Lyon
03-09-2004, 09:13 PM
Marijuana. The seller had a large amount of it.

Brad

ToonaFish
03-09-2004, 09:28 PM
It probably won't make you feel any better, but we had to fire a kid last year for coming to work high. He kept insisting that it was no big deal, it was only pot. His parents didn't think he had a problem or needed help.

He was right. Crack is what killed him. He was buried last month.

You may have done them a great kindness.

gcarter
03-09-2004, 09:40 PM
You know Celine, that's the problem when prominent people or groups start start pushing or defending a certain activity. The next thing that happens is "it's only marijuana", or, "oral sex is'nt sex". It becomes very hard to get things back on track.
I was incouraged to read the other day that teen age pregnancy is at an all time low.
At least some good news is out there.

George

goatee
03-10-2004, 12:18 AM
could'nt of been TOO smart!!!!
let me quess,,,,,he was gonna be a lawyer????