PDA

View Full Version : Is that a Black widow over there?

Steve Harwood-Stamper
03-09-2004, 08:34 AM
Hi Guys

I have a Black Widow, the 29. In the UK. :wavey:

STOP LAUGHING.... I CANT HELP IT IF I LIVE HERE ! :rlol:

I would like to find out how many were made.

Where they might be today?

Anyone else who has one?

gcarter
03-09-2004, 09:36 AM
Hi Steve;
Welcome to the site.
I don't have the answer, but I know why Britts drink warm beer, your weather and the water is cold all the time. Then there is the other reason, you guys have Lucas refrigerators. LOL. :beer:
You see, our Northern neighbors here think they have a short boating season. But you Britts REALLY tough it out.

Welcome again;
George Carter

boxy
03-09-2004, 09:44 AM
Hi Steve, sorry I can't help you. Where do you do your boating, my wife just returned from a family visit to Tumbridge Wells.

Digger
03-09-2004, 11:56 AM
welcome Steve! there are some Black Widow owners on the registry, I'm sure they will be able to help you out!

Morgan's Cloud
03-09-2004, 01:10 PM
HI Steve

That must be a pretty rare boat in the UK huh ? And what's gas (oops..petrol) now there ... about $5 a gal ?
Hope the other BW owners see this and come to your rescue .

ps.. my brother lives in East Grinstead.. how's that for a small world ?

Another Steve.

Steve Harwood-Stamper
03-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Hi Guys, Thouroughly British Steve here again.

Thank you all for the very warm welcome.

Any time you want to boat on the only black widow in the UK, just get on that plane, and hope to god that I havent twisted another prop shaft before you get here.

I joined a new board / forum in the UK recently, I felt totally accepted because they chewed my ass off. :banghead:

Gas here 4.50 a gallon. Thats £ GBP

Warm beer... £2 pounds per pint.

I boat in the Solent, the english channel.

I buy my parts like Merc props Edlebrock over the net from the U.S. because it is easier and cheaper than dealing with an english comapny.

If you like, I will post you the links to some English boating things as they come up. So you can see life on the other side. Try this for now www.donzi.co.uk