PDA

View Full Version : You only Live Once!!

RickSE
03-08-2004, 12:55 PM
My face is sunburned now. I walked outside yesterday morning and stood in one spot for several hours, with a smile on my face, looking at what was in the driveway. :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

1 of 3 but in reality one of a kind.

I have more pictures if anyone is interested. Although they're not the best, my camera seems to wash out the colors.

Ranman
03-08-2004, 01:01 PM
Based on the little bit of deck stripe peeking through, I'd say thats a Special Edition Donzi with the HP500EFI. Congrats if it's yours!i

Cuda
03-08-2004, 02:15 PM
What's under the tarp?????

RickSE
03-08-2004, 06:34 PM
Man I thought this would spark more interest.

Where is everyone?

Do you guys know what is in the last picture?

Apparently in the HP500 boats the motor is mounted to a one piece cradle that is then mounted to the stringers. I tried to get a picture of this, the red piece is the cradle, black pieces sandwich the stringer. I do still need to crawl back under there and figure out what all is down there. This is one example of why Donzi asked such high $$$ for these boats.

Mr X
03-08-2004, 06:44 PM
Way to go Rick!!
I was wondering what happened with that deal.
Maybe I can go for ANOTHER ride in her some day :yes:

Congrats!!! IMO that one is THE best S/E ever made!

Ted

boxy
03-08-2004, 07:44 PM
Man I thought this would spark more interest.

I think 125+ views of a tarped boat shows some interest :D

Are you going to tease us forever, or do we get to see this bad-boy.

COngrats, I bet you can't wait to splash it.

cigarette30
03-08-2004, 09:55 PM
Is this the one that was in New Mexico, (first on E-Bay) I was in contact with the seller, in route to purchase when it was sold. Congrads are in order !

cigarette30
03-08-2004, 10:04 PM
One other item, the 500 E.F.I. is one awesome motor, I have two in the Cig, the 496 H.O. in the 04 22' Donzi. They are a bit differant, although I find the 500's easier to work on. I have some pointers if interested (after learning the hard way) Does yours have the two fuel pump setup, one on the water pump, in addition to the electric one under the oil pan ?

RickSE
03-09-2004, 11:06 AM
All right here's some more.

First I need to give credit to Island One Marine of Corpus Christi TX. They originally ordered the boat and had the insight to change the base color to black along with removing the "Special Edition" words from the sides and Donzi crest from the deck. It really looks good, not over done and very clean looking. Doug and his son Brett of Island One are great guys, no B.S. and were willing to give us time to finalize the deal.

Cigarette30, Yes this is the boat that was in NM via Island One. We've been working on this deal for quite some time. The boat is now in my dad's inventory at Donzi ProLine of New Mexico, not for sale. It does appear to have two fuel pumps, (1) mechanical (1) electric. I have not started it yet but I can hear the electric pump come on with the key and there is a mech. pump on the water pump. I'm definitely interested in any pointers you have. I've read some posts on your 04' order, sounds like your getting a good one.

HP600SC, Thanks for the great advice early on in this process.

The boat has really cleaned up nicely and is absolutely gorgeous. There are a few minor problems though that needs to be addressed. One I'm having trouble figuring out. The port side K-plane has a lot of corrosion, all the fasteners and hoses are corroded. The starboard K-plane and everything else on the transom is fine. Should the k-planes be electrically connected to the rest of the galvanic circuit on the boat or grounded? Something on this k-plane is causing problems. Maybe the fasteners were not passivated?

All my info suggests that there were only three SE's built all being 2002's although they were still on the books in 2003. #1 was at the 2002 dealer show and has since disappeared. Anyone know where it is? #2 was sold to the guy in the northeast who installed a blower and from what I hear is still running strong. This I believe is #3 the only one done in black and the last SE. A few people have suggested there was a #4 but I have no confirmation of this yet.

RickSE
03-09-2004, 11:13 AM
The #1 SE in blue at the 2002 dealer show.

RickSE
03-09-2004, 11:16 AM
The #2 boat in blue, sold to a customer in the northeast.

RickSE
03-09-2004, 11:20 AM
#3 dressed in black and sitting on a beautiful matching Myco.

RedDog
03-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Which SE was tested by Powerboat magazine? #1?

There use to be a post about it in this forum but I couldn't locate it - is ht search function working correctly?

Oh - great looking boat. I really like the black color scheme. The blue under the hatch ain't too bad either :wink:

Cuda
03-09-2004, 01:04 PM
I think the black definitely looks the best. The paint seems have a more "Z"-ish in style than the classic paint jobs.

I can only imagine the jack they charged for that model. You would think it would have an electric hatch actuator.

Tidbart
03-09-2004, 02:00 PM
If I remember correctly, they were asking $85K. :bonk:

B

RickSE
03-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Reddog, I'm pretty sure that Powerboat Magazine tested the #1 boat.

Here's the test.

http://www.powerboatmagazine.com/2002tests/jan1.php

Cuda
03-09-2004, 02:22 PM
Sounds to me the PB writer either was skeered, needed more seat time in the boat, or both.

roadtrip se
03-09-2004, 04:40 PM
Sweet ride Rick!

I believe hull one went to Canada. Josh would know, because he sold it.

Check to see if the annodes on are on the kplanes. My bigger boats always had them on the 280s. Kind of a silver dollar looking thing with a screw in the middle. Not sure about the 150s, but worth checking.

I like the paint a lot. Like the trailer a lot. Like the engine bay a lot. Tried to buy one a lot. Asking price was 89.9 w/o trailer. The PB folks didn't have a clue. You got something special there, so take care of it.

Todd

RickSE
03-10-2004, 11:29 AM
Thanks Roadtrip, when the heck did you move to MI?

There are clean anodes on these k-planes. Maybe there's a problem with the surface contact.

slick
03-10-2004, 04:42 PM
Just have to share, when attending the 2002 Hometown Rally in Sarasota caught my first glimpse of the 22 Classic SE and this boat #1 in Blue sitting in the water at the Hyatt and it completely blew me away until I got a ride in it and then I was speechless, the rush I got sitting in the back seat when one of the factory guys hammered it, I was pinned in my seat back as this rocket blasted thru Sarasota Bay to Lido Key. :D Then I found out the list price. :(
When I read the Powerboat Magazine about less power, more manageable and docile I thought this must be a misprint. :eek: Congrads RickS on a fantastic and just a pretty boat, its truely a Classic.

Verdugo
03-11-2004, 05:47 PM
HOLY COW!!!! What a beauty RICKS!!! I just got off looking at the west coast post and saw you posted ZOOM ZOOM is In !!!!!!!!! Congratulation what an awsome machine.

When is she going in H2O??? What in hell is the white stuff on the ground Ricks here in phoenix never see that LOL .Well enjoy it to its fullest PAl she sure is something else! Send me a note if your comming down to the valley area. Would love to see it.

Hope fully we will get the West Coast gathering put together! for all those interested your comments are more then welcome go to "event and gathering" and look under "West Coast". We welcome eveyone with ideas & suggestions

Lowenski

Lowenski@msn.com

Speed-Racer
03-11-2004, 06:41 PM
1 of only 3....I did not know only 3 were made, well at that price :rolleyes:

Still remeber the awesomely loud ride in the one at the show :shades:

Very nice, I still remeber seeing yours screaming across the Bay in Sarasota :shades:

#1 is also in 2002 DONZI brochure, the speedo was broke durning my ride, and if you look close you can see it reads "0" in the brochure.

RickSE
03-12-2004, 02:56 PM
Speed-Racer, ditto on the ride in #1. We were also at the show and never really knew how fast we were going with the broken speedo. I think at the time Donzi advertised the boat would run 78-MPH. We managed to twist Ted's (HP600SC) arm :lookaroun and talk him into taking us out in #1. It was one hell of a ride and I left there thinking I'd never ride in another SE again. :embarasse

BTW, #1 shows up again in the 2003 brochure but the stainless windshield was photoshopped to look like the new 03' all plexi windshields.

Ted tells me he had a chance to take this raven out before it left the factory. Maybe this was when you saw it?? If my memory is correct he stated they got 83-MPH out of her before she left.

Yes, the price was high on these boats, but the higher price was really only a reflection of the extra add-on's Donzi put on and in these boats. I like the high price because if it had not been high there would have been a lot more of these built.

Verdugo,
I'll let you know, probably a few more weeks. It's raining up here right now. It's never over though, four years ago we got 3 feet of snow on Easter weekend and we've had snow in June.