PDA

View Full Version : Volvo Primary Shaft Bearing??

penbroke
03-07-2004, 09:31 PM
After 38 years I think it may be time to change the bearing on the primary shaft (shaft from the engine to the outdrive) on my Volvo 200. I thought I saw a post here that said the bearing goes in from the engine end. The blow-up parts drawing I have clearly shows it going in from the rear or transom end. Does anybody know for sure?

I also saw a post that said that this bearing was available from NAPA. The auto parts guys around here are into cars not boats, so... does anybody know the part number.

Thanks,
Frank

MOP
03-07-2004, 10:50 PM
Engine side you have to pull it!

penbroke
03-08-2004, 06:59 AM
Thanks! That's what I thought.

Anybody know anything about the NAPA connection??

Frank

mphatc
03-08-2004, 07:18 AM
once removed you'll find a number on the bearing . . they can cross reference this

See, now your taking it all apart . . . ready set go! Apart is easy, repairs and assembly take T I ME :(

I've finally gotten to install my second bulkhead which defines my fuel tank . .
Finally ordering it this week!

MPHATC

penbroke
03-08-2004, 11:37 AM
once removed you'll find a number on the bearing . . they can cross reference this

MPHATC

Yes, true. I like to line up as much as I can before I take things apart to save down time. The boating season is too short as it is.

Frank

MOP
03-08-2004, 12:00 PM
After 38 years you should have the bugger Bronzed and on your mantle! Shame Volvo stuff don't last longer :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mario is 100% Timken has a mirror image as I am sure others do also.