PDA

View Full Version : looking for new toy

cougar
03-07-2004, 08:30 AM
I need help locating a nice 18 perferibly,older and faster the better,I'm in Fenton, Michigan so the closer the better.

MOP
03-07-2004, 09:41 AM
There are a number of 18's on the market, try Yacht World, Trader Online and iboat, there are a few more but these three are some of the more popular.
Phil

goatee
03-07-2004, 10:43 AM
there was an older 18 classic in fenton along time ago. it was posted here. check past threads. maybe a year ago. i remember that boat, kinda peaked my interests.... just not ready to buy just yet.

cougar
03-07-2004, 12:36 PM
I remember seeing the ad for the guy in fenton ,did'nt he have 3 boat's, if you can find that guy's number I would be greatful.

goatee
03-07-2004, 03:35 PM
i cant remember his name....
also, it looks like alot of old threads have been deleted

Dr. Bob
03-30-2004, 10:56 AM
I need help locating a nice 18 perferibly,older and faster the better,I'm in Fenton, Michigan so the closer the better.
I have 18 classic listed here under Dr. Bob in classifieds. Also iboats.com under high performance boats. Thanks Dr. Bob.

BLACKIE
03-30-2004, 12:47 PM
Cougar, this might be the one your thinking about. I looked at it last spring, drove it on his lake too, I gave it alot of thought but ended up with a 1990 18' running a BBC & OMC King Cobra. I'm glad I did too because I think the fellow that bought it (He lives in southwestern Michigan & runs it on Lake Michigan) has had some problems with the engine. I think its being rebuilt now. I seem to remember a recent posting in the technical questions forum with pictures and all about the problems. I can't remember the buyers name.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29930

Good Luch with your search.

goatee
03-30-2004, 06:48 PM
thats the one!
i do like that boat!

fun4ever1
04-13-2004, 12:55 AM
I've just made a decision (very difficult) to sell my 1994 Classic '18 soon and buy and/or trade for a single engine airplane (i.e. C-182, P-Arrow 200, Mooney 201, etc.). I plan to list it in the boat classified magizines after I take it in to the boat dealer for a routine spring check-up.

The boat has been very well cared for. The engine & drive, stereo / guages / controls, gelcoat and interior are in great shape (white with teal stripe / piping)., I don't anticipate any problems in selling it. The trailer is teal and matches the boat but there is corrosion starting to show-the trailer needs some maintenance.

Any suggestions on the best place to list this for sale?

The boat is located on Hilton Head Island in SC. I can be contacted at bjfedfirst@hargray.com.

Rootsy
04-13-2004, 02:30 PM
there is an older 18 (left hand helm, volvo drive) in teal and white.. apparently refinished... sitting at bay harbor marine on summit street just north of point place in erie michigan... i saw it last weekend when roaming around...

or i might possibly be talked out of a fairly respectable (speedwise) 16 ;)

JR