PDA

View Full Version : 16 project?

Cuda
03-04-2004, 05:18 PM
Does anyone have an interest in a 1968 16? I was at a shop the other day to see about having some work done, and talk drifted to different boats (imagine that). The guy that owns the shop has the boat with the hull off and complete. The deck is still separated I think. I did not see the boat, but I can swing by and take a few pictures if anyone has an interest in it. He was going to restore it, but hasn't had the time. I've seen another boat that he restored (35 Aerotech) and his did a great job with it.

JimG205
03-08-2004, 05:19 PM
Does anyone have an interest in a 1968 16? I was at a shop the other day to see about having some work done, and talk drifted to different boats (imagine that). The guy that owns the shop has the boat with the hull off and complete. The deck is still separated I think. I did not see the boat, but I can swing by and take a few pictures if anyone has an interest in it. He was going to restore it, but hasn't had the time. I've seen another boat that he restored (35 Aerotech) and his did a great job with it.

Hi Joe- Saw your thread on the 16-If it's not out of your way snap a few pics and give me all the details.Is it a barrelback?? Sounds like the minx is almost ready to get wet! I like those exhaust manifolds- If you want to do a throw-away camera let me know and I'll send $$.Regards,Jim

Lenny
03-08-2004, 05:24 PM
JimG205, 16's were never available as barrelbacks, they have "never" changed...(within reason) only early 18's, triple and single hatches, sharp and round keeled boats were barrelbacks.