PDA

View Full Version : Trim Switch Placement on Classic

Scubado
03-03-2004, 04:10 PM
My sister is having Bennett trim tabs installed on her sweet 16. She wanted some ideas about where to put the control switches on the dash. It looks like the best place is between the throttle and steering wheel but that is a rounded surface and we wonder that will cause a problem with mounting the switches. What do you guys think???

Last Tango
03-03-2004, 04:37 PM
Take a look at the area behind the control lever. That area is flat and accessable. And, although a little awkward at first to reach back, allows an instantaneous reach FORWARD if throttle control immediately becomes more important than trim tab control. Around the steering wheel is hard because you have to "leave" the Throttle area to make adjustments. Not good to allocate one hand to trim tabs and one hand to throttle because it potentially leaves you NO hands on the steering wheel at certain moments. You might want to check out some older posts because several have mounted them ON the steering wheel and use thumb control from the steering hand.
:cool!:

Tabman II
03-04-2004, 11:39 AM
My sister is having Bennett trim tabs installed on her sweet 16. She wanted some ideas about where to put the control switches on the dash. It looks like the best place is between the throttle and steering wheel but that is a rounded surface and we wonder that will cause a problem with mounting the switches. What do you guys think???

Scubado,

I am Thomas and I work for Bennett Marine in the Client Service Department.

Our Rocker Switch Control needs a fairly flat surface to mount on to ensure proper operation, so she may need to fabricate a mounting shim to fill the void between the dash and the mounting bezel. Another idea maybe to use our Single Lever Control (joystick design, VC1000) instead! It doesn't take up the same amount of space as the Rocker Switch Control, so the rounded surface have enough flat are for it to fit better. If she would like to try it vs. the Rocker Switch Control, please have her contact me at trimtabs@earthlink.net with phone number, mailing & shipping addresses and I will see what we can do!

I look forward to you reply.

Sincerely,
MJ Thomas
Bennett Marine, Inc.
Client Services
trimtabs@earthlink.net
www.bennetttrimtabs.com