PDA

View Full Version : 1996 18 Classic Red

Tidbart
03-02-2004, 06:51 PM
Very nice 18 Classic. 350 Mag w/ the rare Bravo on board. Also, Quick and Quiet exhaust, AM/FM/CD, battery switch. Very well kept. Recent work includes new impeller, belts, shift box, riser gaskets, shift cable, complete tune-up. I am sure there is more, but that is all I can think of off-hand.

Comes with a Magic Tilt galvanized trailer. Recent upkeep includes new tires, bearings w/races, new seals, new galvanized brakes, new bearing buddys, new lights, new winch strap.

Also 2 props.

99% fresh water use, came with me from NH. :)

Located in Orlando for viewing or test drive. :)

$16,000.00

Bob
H 407-282-3611 eves and weekends

Tidbart
03-24-2004, 01:14 PM
For those who don't look past the first page................ :jestera:

Back to page one

ToonaFish
03-24-2004, 03:34 PM
And to unbump you from the second page.

Tidbart
03-24-2004, 06:32 PM
Thanks Toona
I never checked to see where it went.

Bob

Donzigo
03-24-2004, 11:45 PM
One of the nicest boats you'll find anywhere.

Roy
04-06-2004, 12:47 PM
Any chance of trading up for my 97 22zx listed on this forum.You 18 might be just what I need for my smaller lake.

Tidbart
04-06-2004, 02:54 PM
Roy,
Believe me, I have been thinking about it.
I will email you later today. Busy at the moment.

Bob

Jerry Eisele
04-06-2004, 07:38 PM
Bob, That is one sweet boat!!!!

Tidbart
04-06-2004, 07:54 PM
Thanks Jerry,
I like to keep it clean, even though it is a lot work.
Maybe, come to think of it, I should look into a 16. :rlol:

Bob

Tidbart
04-06-2004, 07:58 PM
Roy,
You got mail.

Bob

Tidbart
04-16-2004, 06:58 AM
Price drop. Time to move it.
Found a nice 22zx I wouldn't mind having.
Bob

marcdups
04-29-2004, 07:23 PM
u sell it yet, if nit my # 843 907 2492
:odie:

cfkingfish
05-19-2004, 11:02 PM
Bob-

I am down here in Englewood, and am interested in coming up to take a look at the boat, if it is still for sale. Everyone says good things about it, I just need some time to settle into the new house! I will try giving that number a call tomorrow.

-Christian

Tidbart
05-22-2004, 08:17 AM
Christian,
On vacation in the Caymans, be home tonight.
Bob

cfkingfish
05-22-2004, 04:17 PM
Bob-

I left a message on your phone, my number is on it, so you can either give me a call back, or email me at cffau@conncoll.edu.

Thanks,

-Christian

pmreed
06-18-2004, 09:17 AM
Hey, Bob. Thought you had a serious bite on this. Looked good this past weekend on the river.
???

Phil

bob1
03-16-2005, 11:47 AM
Hi Bob,

Is your Donzi 18 still for sale. Haven't seen any activity since mid 2004. If you still have it I may be interested. Price????

Thanks,
Bob H

Tidbart
03-16-2005, 12:46 PM
Been to busy to think about it. LOL

$16,000 would do it.

Call me at 321-436-5704 to discuss.

Bob

blackhawk
03-29-2005, 09:57 PM
What's the hp on the 350 mag? What kind of speeds?

Tidbart
03-30-2005, 07:47 AM
350 Mag MPI is 300 hp.
Will do in the high 60's

B

John W
03-30-2005, 07:43 PM
I did not know your were the guy driving all the boats on the donzi website!!!

Tidbart
03-31-2005, 04:25 PM
Every last one of them. :wink: :biggrin.:

Tidbart
04-12-2005, 06:11 AM
It is boating season, time to start moving things.

B

Zudnic
05-14-2005, 04:20 PM
Please tell me this has been sold? If anybody knows of 18's or 22's in this range or below I'm highly interested. A Minx below $15,000K would be nice.

If this is forsale, Florida is further than I have plans for travel, but will do it for a good fair deal! Prefferance for boats located between Washington State and AZ, Cali area!

Tidbart
05-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Not sold yet.

I sent you an email.

Bob

Zudnic
05-14-2005, 04:30 PM
Got it, thanks!!

boxy
05-15-2005, 08:32 PM
I have a 1997 18 classic for sale in Indiana...
Why don't you start your own thread, and stay off of Bob's ..........

Tidbart
05-16-2005, 06:22 AM
Thanks Steve

Bob

Tidbart
05-19-2005, 07:40 PM
Just went on Boattrader. Must move soon.

B

Zudnic
05-20-2005, 08:21 PM
I got your email, but accident delete. On the Boattrader she will go fast if the same ask price as here. My budget is limited; agreed to purchase a share in a plane. Good and bad news. First I can still swing a Donzi, but nothing over $12,500, preffer under that. The bad I can't buy yours, dang good deal! :banghead: Worse still, I cannot get a fixer upper winter project! The plane I'm buying is a kit.

http://www.velocityaircraft.com/airmodel.html

DonziKong
05-22-2005, 09:25 AM
Where in Orlando are you? I'm in Oakland. I can't believe I have not seen this boat! I need to check into a couple things, but I am interested.

Tidbart
05-22-2005, 02:36 PM
Thanks anyway Zudnic. Good luck with your search.

Under25, I live on the east side of town in an area called Rio Pinar, just off Lake Underhill, w/o Chickasaw.

Bob

DonziKong
05-23-2005, 07:15 AM
Bob, across town is not far at all. A good boat, particularly a previously-owned Donzi, is difficult to find. I'd like to see it this week if you are available. Probably the best day for me would be Wednesday.
Cheers,
Ronnie

Tidbart
05-23-2005, 07:23 AM
Under25,
Give me a call at 321-436-5704

Bob

DonziKong
05-25-2005, 11:49 AM
Bob,
Monday turned into an awful day at work. I had something keeping me busy until the wee hours of the morning. As much as I have been thinking about this, per our conversation I think 18' might be a bit on the small side. After doing a little research, I've found that a lot of 18's are soon traded up for something with a bit more room, at the compromise of all-out performance (gawd, I hate the sound of that). I think the 22ZX fits that category for me fairly well, and we are going to pursue that avenue as of now. I appreciate you taking the time to talk with me about the boat, and I wish you luck in selling. If I find someone who fits the bill better than me, I will certainly send them your way.
Cheers,
Ronnie

Tidbart
06-07-2005, 01:54 PM
bumps :smileybo:

Tidbart
06-12-2005, 09:20 AM
SOLD! :banghead: :bonk: :bawling:

Heading for a new home in Jupiter, FL to a pair of new Seadogs, Andrew and Stella.

On to the next great adventure.

Bob

gcarter
06-12-2005, 09:43 AM

Heading for a new home in Jupiter, FL to a pair of new Seadogs, Andrew and Stella.

Bob
Darn Bob!
This is anticlimatic! Almost unfair! This means the end of a great thread!
Good luck Bob!

BUIZILLA
06-12-2005, 10:00 AM
should we start another frolicking topic???

what boat will Tidbaby buy next??

I haven't heard him give any clue's along the way...

what's next Bob ??

JH

on an INTENSE open CC hunt myself, and getting more confused as time goes on...

Tidbart
06-12-2005, 10:21 AM
George, Jim, too funny. LOL

It did take some time too sell. Man, there are a lot of tire kickers out there.

I found a nice couple who'll be a nice addition to the SEADOGS, I hope.

Anyways, my plan, as of now is to complete the sale in the next week or two, then start on the plans for a garage. I couldn't get the garage going last year due to concrete shortages, then hurricanes. After the garage is built, I plan to buy another boat, something in the 22-23' range. I want a garage so that I can work on vehicles without killing myself in the FL sun. Also, it will help keep maintenance to a minimum. I keep changing my mind on what to buy next. I am really trying to keep to my plan. Ted's F-23 was real tempting last week.

For the time being, I think I will enjoy riding in your boats. I never got to do much of this as I loved driving my boat too much. This will help me make up my mind as to what to buy next.

Still here, still a SEADOG, and a BANDIT,
Bob

Donzigo
06-12-2005, 07:00 PM
You & Ranya are always welcome on "Big-D"...........now that I think of how funny Ranya is, you are welcomed, ONLY if you bring Ranya, that girl keeps us in stiches.

Good luck with what comes next. Yes, any of Ted's boats are "primo".

Zudnic
06-13-2005, 12:29 PM
I'm surprised she took this long, good price and very clean going by the pics. Think this one will be a future kick myself for not jumping on it! :banghead: Bet others will as well.

Tidbart
06-13-2005, 05:52 PM
Well, I layed out 2 of them. One is 28x32 and the other is 28x36. I haven't had a chance to run any cost figures yet. That will be the deciding factor.
That and getting it past the county boards. :yippie: Can't wait for that to happen. :biggrin:
Bob

blueScream
07-28-2005, 07:18 PM

Bob

Our adventures with our new little red Donzi have just begun!

If you hadn’t already discovered, Bob is a great guy who helped Stella and I tremendously pre and post sale of our first Donzi.

We looked at a 38 in Sarasota, a few 33s, and a couple of 28s, but due to storage we tried to get our feet wet quick with a garage 18 special. However she never fit in the garage, because I forgot to incorporate the trailer width, @*!%! I bought it for Stella for her birthday, cause when it’s time for mine I want a 38zx :biggrin: . For a 96 this boat was exceptionally clean and I am surprised it didn’t sell sooner, but happy we didn’t think twice.

Homeport is Jupiter Inlet (FL) and we have been up and down the ICW about 10 times in about a month. Done some water skiing and lots of hanging out. We’ve hit almost all of the good restaurants/bars and have been setting a bad example of getting rid of most safety equipment for more room to stow beverages.

We have been as far down as North Palm Beach, and have checked out peanut Island too. BTW: That is an excellent place to snorkel and has campgrounds and public facilities. Across from the island is the famous Sailfish Marina, which as great food and easy dockage.

Lake Worth ICW provided our first opportunity to open it up a little with white caps and about 2-foot waves. When Bob took us on our test run it was a glass lake, so this little outing was fun. Only managed about 40 mph (due to passenger liability), but the Donzi held stable. Now I am a little more confidant to take her out in the Atlantic.

Damn Manatee zones! Have us roasting in the Florida sun. We might even go with a Bimini :umbrella: <no bother with the flames, I know>. Maybe not the best aesthetics, but hell skin cancer doesn’t look good either. Sun block 60 is a white paint, and keeping a hat on doing 30 is a chore.

Bought a Uniden VHF GPS, Plus DSC handheld submersible, which works kick ass. Didn’t want to take up too much space with two separate units. Future additions will include a new dash switch assembly, and a digital depth finder.

If anybody is in the area for a gathering, let us know. Rain or shine - heck any excuse to take off from workhttp://www.donzi.net/ubb/graemlins/yippie.gif .

- AnS

onesubdrvr
07-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Our adventures with our new little red Donzi have just begun!

If you hadn’t already discovered, Bob is a great guy who helped Stella and I tremendously pre and post sale of our first Donzi.

We looked at a 38 in Sarasota, a few 33s, and a couple of 28s, but due to storage we tried to get our feet wet quick with a garage 18 special. However she never fit in the garage, because I forgot to incorporate the trailer width, @*!%! I bought it for Stella for her birthday, cause when it’s time for mine I want a 38zx :biggrin: . For a 96 this boat was exceptionally clean and I am surprised it didn’t sell sooner, but happy we didn’t think twice.

Homeport is Jupiter Inlet (FL) and we have been up and down the ICW about 10 times in about a month. Done some water skiing and lots of hanging out. We’ve hit almost all of the good restaurants/bars and have been setting a bad example of getting rid of most safety equipment for more room to stow beverages.

We have been as far down as North Palm Beach, and have checked out peanut Island too. BTW: That is an excellent place to snorkel and has campgrounds and public facilities. Across from the island is the famous Sailfish Marina, which as great food and easy dockage.

Lake Worth ICW provided our first opportunity to open it up a little with white caps and about 2-foot waves. When Bob took us on our test run it was a glass lake, so this little outing was fun. Only managed about 40 mph (due to passenger liability), but the Donzi held stable. Now I am a little more confidant to take her out in the Atlantic.

Damn Manatee zones! Have us roasting in the Florida sun. We might even go with a Bimini :umbrella: <no bother with the flames, I know>. Maybe not the best aesthetics, but hell skin cancer doesn’t look good either. Sun block 60 is a white paint, and keeping a hat on doing 30 is a chore.

Bought a Uniden VHF GPS, Plus DSC handheld submersible, which works kick ass. Didn’t want to take up too much space with two separate units. Future additions will include a new dash switch assembly, and a digital depth finder.

If anybody is in the area for a gathering, let us know. Rain or shine - heck any excuse to take off from workhttp://www.donzi.net/ubb/graemlins/yippie.gif .

- AnS
Hey there, congrats on the boat, is sure is purtty!!!

I live up in PSL, and I tell you, a nice wide open run would be from Stuart North, once you get past the inlet, it's pretty much wide open.

Anyway, I'll be back in the water the weekend of the 13th (I hope), and would love to get together - I'll have my kids with me though,..

Wayne

ChromeGorilla
07-28-2005, 10:11 PM
First off welcome to the new SEADOGs Andrew and Stella! Look forward to meeting you.

Bob, just saw for first time that you sold the boat. Congrats! As already offered by Donzigo, I too always have a seat for you and better half. Good luck with the garage and the new boat. :beer:

sweet 16 1966
07-29-2005, 07:52 AM
I remember Bob and his boat from the pre Dora canal trip we took up river looking for the silver river. Great boat which Bob took good care of. Best of luck with your new toy! Here is a pic
of the boat in the lock which felt like being flushed in a toilet bowl! Ya gotta try it! Good luck Bob on your garage! I am sure you will allow enough room for your new one! Me, I too want a 22' but could not part with the 16.

ChromeGorilla
07-29-2005, 10:00 AM
Hey thats my boat in the background...right behind Phil. Damn it was cold that day.....

blueScream
07-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks ChromeGorilla and everyone! Glad to be a part of this select group of Donzi enthusiasts.http://www.donzi.net/ubb/graemlins/biggrin.gif

Wayne – looks like the time around the 13th is good for us. Just contact me and I’ll send you my info. Probably trailer it up to Stuart and run from there. All are welcome.

The Best,

AnS

Tidbart
07-29-2005, 06:22 PM
Andrew and Stella,

Welcome to the Board. I knew you would get around to posting one of these days. Glad you are having some fun in the new toy! :wavey:

Seadogs and others, I haven't gone far. Ranya and I will be in Sarasota for the rally. Can't wait. Need some time off from boating to get some other things done. So far, not gaining much ground. :boggled:

I hope everyone is in good health and we'll see ya'll soon.............OK, that was not me speaking. :eek:

Go Sox!!

Bob

Donzigo
07-29-2005, 07:00 PM
A & S....

You got one of the nicest Donzis out there and yu bought it from nice folks, too.

Bob & Ranya.............now what's next?

Tidbart
07-30-2005, 03:29 PM
A & S....

You got one of the nicest Donzis out there and yu bought it from nice folks, too.

Bob & Ranya.............now what's next?

We'll ride along with you!

Til the next purchase. You are coming to Sararsota this year, aren't you. :biggrin: No excuses.

B & R

anravq
07-30-2005, 06:45 PM
Does it come whith the girs??....then I´ll take it.:kyle:

//Pelle, Sweden.

anravq
07-30-2005, 06:54 PM
Aaaah, sorrrry, didnt see it was sold..:propeller

blueScream
02-07-2006, 07:26 PM
A big bump for my 1996 Donzi 18 Classic. As many of you know, I purchased Tidbart's excellent 18 back in June of 05. Well since my recent purchase of the 05 AE 22 classic I need to put the 18 up for sale :frown: If I had space for both I won't hesitate to keep em'.
So to cut down on repeating all of this thread again, I'd like to continue it for a few more posts. We only used the boat for about 6 times last season - probably no more of 10 hours of use. This 18 was very well taken care of by the previous owner and was very well maintained by me.
I am asking 16K and anybody sitting on the fence waiting for the right boat for the right price this is it. I plan on offering this Donzi to the board members first and then I will probably post it on some boat 4 sale sites. Maybe even ebay. After about a week or two it will go on consignment. However, if a fellow board member purchases the boat, I’ll kick back a little to the site.
Thanks all!
- bluescream

blueScream
02-24-2006, 11:27 AM
SOLD!! Off to new adventures and hopefully with good caretakers.

- BlueScream

Tidbart
02-24-2006, 02:05 PM
Hey Andrew,

Congrats on the quick sale.:rlol: That didn't take too long.
Hope to see you in Mt Dora next month.

Bob:biggrin.: