PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried Dennis Moore Performance Parts?

Murphy
03-02-2004, 04:28 PM
Dennis Moore is selling parts under his own brand at http://www.mooreperformance.org/
I'm looking at his small block aluminum exhaust manifolds and risers. Does anyone have these or have a comment on their quality. I'm looking to reduce some weight and it's probably time for the 86 to have new manifold/risers anyway. Can't beat his price. Also a good source for some of the older hard to find parts. What do you think?

Murph

harbormaster
03-02-2004, 05:51 PM
I have spoke with Dennis and have procured a set of his aluminum big block manifolds and riser. They should arrive any day.

They are not epoxy coated inside like some costing 10 times as much.

I think its 1 hell of a deal.

Rootsy
03-02-2004, 06:03 PM
for the money they're great deals... they do provide some runner seperation like other aftermarket manifolds... but the opening to the riser is the same as the merc and a bit constricted. you also have to deal with water passing through the joint... which is really why there is so much constriction... you can only cram so much in one spot.

now that said i am probably going to pick up a set this spring for my mouse... mostly for the weight savings. i have imco M-72 SS risers and these will bolt to them since they are nearly identical to the merc irons.

if you really want the source... these are manufactured by GLM Marine... a pretty large aftermarket supplier for merc components and such...

www.glm-marine.com

you can download their catalog PDF on their website...

i know what she run before the exhaust manifolds.. we'll see what she runs afterward ;)

JR - Knock Knock...

Cuda
03-03-2004, 12:18 AM
I bought a set of GLM cast iron manifolds from him and a water pump. I found a set of EMI's I putting on instead, so I will sell the Glm's if you are interested. The best thing about buying from him is that when you call there, he is the one to answer the phone. He's always been very helpful to me.

MOP
03-03-2004, 04:47 PM
I spoke with Dennis today for quite some time, he can supply just about anything you want. It is well worth the call to give him your input and get great advice back. Some interesting facts about SB exhaust well worth knowing.

Phil

Dennis Moore 626-357-3573

Rootsy
03-03-2004, 06:11 PM
MOP,

enlighten us on dennis' view of aftermarket exhaust for the sbc...

Root - enquiring mind...

MOP
03-03-2004, 09:06 PM
Jamie he said that stock and lightly modified 350's only gain a slight bit from the big tube setups. But once you start turning over 5,500 with big cams and strokers then you need the bigger setups. I also asked about blocking the water to the riser, he said the manifolds do have the plugs at the top to allow eliminating the use of standard water passages. Give him a call get his thoughts, he says some dyno testing may be coming soon. I think they are a decent offering for a lot of guys, the price is right and the galvanized one should do well for the salt guys. The aluminum ones do have some sort of coating, but they can be ordered without if you want to polish them.

Phil