PDA

View Full Version : Tough Love

harbormaster
02-29-2004, 08:52 AM
On a serious note.
Much has been said about "tough love" for misbehaving children.

Most of America's populace thinks it very improper to spank children, so I have tried other methods to control our nieces and nephews when they have one of "those moments".

One that we found very effective is to take them for a car ride and talk.

They usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our little car ride together.

I've included the photo below of one of my sessions, with my nephew, in case you would like to use the technique.

It's very effective!

Team Jefe
02-29-2004, 10:14 AM
I have used this technique and it its very effective.

One question HM........Who's boat is that in your avitiar? (Remember Sherlock's)

pmreed
02-29-2004, 12:24 PM
When I was a kid, I got spanked If I did something really bad. When I and my brothers wouldn't go to sleep, that's when my dad would pop us in the wagon and drive around the block a few times. Bam! we were out like a light, and he'd just pour us into bed.

And, yes, I spanked my darling daughter a few times :smash: and don't feel badly about it. It worked. I wouldn't spank anybody else's kids even if they deserved it; a drive and a talk could be a good thing.

Phil

Ed Donnelly
02-29-2004, 01:00 PM
My buddy spanked his son (open hand on his sons butt,over his pants)at the hockey rink and was charged. Its a big mess up here in Canada with them trying to sort it out by law.NEVER spank someone elses kids,related or not.
Thats just asking for a ton of trouble...Ed

Fish boy
02-29-2004, 05:45 PM
LMAO!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: