PDA

View Full Version : The Red Wings acquire...

Tony
02-28-2004, 08:37 PM
Robert Lang from the Capitals, currently leading the NHL in points. They give up a WHL prospect and a couple of future draft picks. Also, Darien Hatcher is set to return after missing most of the season with a torn ACL.

Hopefully our questionable goalie situation will be overshadowed by strong play on the rest of the ice. Bring on the playoffs...the best time in all of sports!

GO WINGS!!!

mattyboy
02-28-2004, 09:39 PM
on behalf of me and Boxy

NOT!!!!!!!

the cup will be in da east this summer

Kate Smith

thriller
02-28-2004, 10:09 PM
on behalf of me and Boxy

NOT!!!!!!!

the cup will be in da east this summer

Kate Smith
Try The West my friends. We are due. Go Canucks Go :tongue:

Tony
02-28-2004, 10:10 PM
Big game 7:00 Sunday night...the Flyers visit the Motor City!

The Wings star power and depth are the envy of the league. While I agree that anything can happen in the playoffs (i.e. Detroit being swept in the first round last year!), you must admit that the Wings are favored to represent the west in the finals. Which team from the east do you predict they will face?

Fish boy
02-29-2004, 05:46 AM
East for sure... the deep south East. OK, I am dreaming but I am using florida and hockey in the same sentence which is quite an accomplishment

boxy
02-29-2004, 07:13 AM
FishBoy, don't sell the Lightning :lightning short, they're the hottest team in the NHL since the AllStar break. They have a young fast, team that is really fun to watch, and the best thing about them is a team from the SouthEast finally is playing well enough to deserve the number 3 seed.

Tony, I'm sorry, but not this year, even with Robert Lang, the Wings are to old, and to slow, and their goaltending is suspect at best, which CuJo will show up will determine if they get far enough to get spanked by the Canucks.

If the Flyers and the Sens can avoid each other long enough in the playofs, Matty and I might be on opposite sides of the ice for the Eastern Finals. :D

roadtrip se
02-29-2004, 11:40 AM
Anybody want to see a bunch of old men skate?

Tony?

PM me if interested...

Todd
"Yep this is hockey town and I pity anybody who has to come here and lose yet again!"

Tony
02-29-2004, 05:39 PM
Boxy my Northern Neighbor,

Yes the Sens are playing well, and tonight we will see what the Flyers are made of. No, the NUCKleheads from Vancouver will not go far in the playoffs.

About your take of the Wings, you need to take a closer look. Yes we have many seasoned veterans, quite a few of them certain hall-of-famers. But, our shrewd management (and filthy rich owner!) has blended in nicely the Wings of the future...most of them with plenty of speed (Draper, Dandenault, Zetterburg), moves (Datsyuk!), and toughness (Maltby, McCarty, Fisher, Hatcher). Add Yzerman, Hull, Shanahan, Lidstrom, Chelios, Lang, Whitney, Schneider, et all...and I believe they can go all the way again AND continue to be successful for years to come.

The only question mark, and it is admittedly a big one, is CuJo between the pipes. Here is where I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Roadtrip Todd, I PM'ed you as soon as I saw your post...thanks!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!

Tony
02-29-2004, 08:28 PM
Update:

Wings 4
Flyers 2

It didn't take Lang long to fit in...he had three assists tonight!

Bring on the playoffs...the best time in sports!

mattyboy
02-29-2004, 08:37 PM
a game in feb don't mean anything, yes the playoffs matter, and goaltending is the key and philly never gets good netminding, and i am more worried about the teams in the east then any team from the west ;)

Matty

goatee
03-04-2004, 11:07 PM
but i'm back! and not too late i see.
yes tampa has been hot, we'll see whats up on the 8th.
sens are hot,, but come playoff time i think the wings are going to be in rare form..

come one, come all, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you will loose