PDA

View Full Version : &4 Sporter Update (with Pic's)

Kirk
02-28-2004, 06:57 PM
Folks,

Just took a few digital pics of my project!!

Started with a very clean 74' 16' Sporter (minus engine) clean/repainted the engine compartment. Purchased and installed a chev. 350 9.5 to 1 compression w/Silverlite #1436 high density cast alum pistons. Melling timing set & oil pump. Heads, Rods Crank are all GM forged or cast. Should push around 350hp when all is said and done.

Installed the Glennwood exhaust with MSD Distributor, Rev. limited, Ignition & Coil and 8.5mm wire set. Edelbrock 650cfm marine carb and it's topped by a very sweet Gaffrig flame arrestor. I even splurrged and purchased a FINE KNOB from Cliff & Scott P.

Thanks Cliff for all the valuable assistance (would 'ya get your boat done already) anything I can do to help please let me know. Thanks also to MOP & Pearson.....and Donzi.net

Looking forward to getting it running, should be high on the decibal meter and significantly noisey enough to piss the neighbors off...payback is a &^*(%

Spring Dust off here we come....gotta love that TANGERINE

KJ

smoothie
02-29-2004, 05:06 PM
Your 16 looks great for an original 74,and it looks like its all there,nice find!

Eugene Nahemow
02-29-2004, 06:38 PM
Nice looking boat!
There will be alot of restored Donzi's roaming the water's soon!

Lenny
02-29-2004, 07:50 PM
VERY !!! :eek: nice...

BERTRAM BOY
03-02-2004, 09:47 PM
Wowww.... That MSD bracket is a work of art........ :wink:

MOP
03-02-2004, 10:04 PM
Damn Kirk it looks super, wondered why you were quiet for so long. I'll have to dump mine in the LI puddle and run across one day and try to meet up with you, I ma rihgt across from you over on the LI side. So glad all your hard :wrench: work came out so very nice!

Mean Old Phil!

pipnit
03-02-2004, 11:31 PM
Nice boat!

I have an orange or tangerine colored '74 18 footer. Similar setup but with a TRS. Looking good!

Kirk
03-10-2004, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the comments....looking forward to winter losening it grip here in the NE so I can get this running.

Next project is to add trim to the boat. Anyone have a trim pump and all the goodies to hook up to a Volvo 270.

Thanks Phil (MOP) for the comments on the project. Load up on the fuel and take a run across LI Sound and a few minutes up the CT River a very soon you will start to GLOW as you are now in Haddam as evidenced by the NUKE PLANT. Dont worry thou...they have de-commissioned it.

Cliff...don't ya just love the brackets. The shine off the Gaffrig Aresstor compliments them quite nicley. How is your's coming along?? Let me know when and where. Do you supply band aids??

KJ