PDA

View Full Version : Shifty Split Personality

Dr. Dan
02-28-2004, 08:23 AM
:spongebob Hey Guys....question here! With a Merc power plant(HP500EFI) and keeping the King Cobra Drive...for now...I am curious as to weather I can upgrade my "Shift/Throttle Lever" I just want to have a more updated handle to grab onto! I have already replaced the stock Teleflex Handle...so the one that is currently in there is new...but I am curious ...can I just connect the linkage and cables to a current more modern existing stock Throttle Lever? :cool:

Thanks In Advance...

Doc :beer:

MOP
02-28-2004, 04:53 PM
Dan I have done this a few times, what I have found that can cause a problem is the throw of the new shifter. It is a good idea to measure yours and you new candidate. What I have seen happen is the drive cables wear way to prematurely from excess pressure.

Phil

Air 22
02-28-2004, 06:40 PM
What happened to just.....Turn Key??? :smash: :rolleyes: :smileybo:

roadtrip se
02-29-2004, 11:33 AM
The slippery slope of continous improvement AND continous investment has now begun! It brings great warmth to my heart to see yet another victim of the "simple turn key swap" theory. Enjoy Doc and let me know how I can help as you start hitting those noggin scratching moments. Ain't got a clue on that OMC stuff, but I'm ready on the rest!

Todd
"We can re-build it, we have the technology. The know how could be a whole other story. Trust me I know..."