PDA

View Full Version : Trs Again!!

N2DEEP
02-26-2004, 10:51 PM
With warmer weather on the way [I THINK] I want to be ready to fire the mill in my 18. Is there any practical way to get water into the thru hull pick-up used on a Merc TRS 330? The big block is a tight fit and I don't think I can find enough fruit roll-ups to get my daughter to squeeeeze in to hook a hose to the pump. :boggled: Thanks for any replies.

Greg

IMAGINING THE SOUND OF BBC DRY PIPES THUNDERING IN A UNUSED TURKEY BARN... :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire

MOP
02-26-2004, 11:16 PM
What type water pickup some ideas should come from the guys.

mattyboy
02-27-2004, 06:15 AM
N2Deep,
I have a thru hull pick up on mine that has a flush valve inline on the raw water hose it has a hose hook up and I put a 1 foot section of garden hose on it and leave it attached all the time makes running her on the hose easy and no more bribing the kids. Also might want to look in west or boaters world for a device called fake a lake it is a cup that attaches around the thru hull fitting and has an adjustable leg to hold it tight against the hull( probably similar to what MP has)
hope that helps

Matty

N2DEEP
02-28-2004, 12:56 PM
MP or Matty, if I hook up a hose to the intake, do I run pressure on it or just let it ""suck it up" ??? Can I blow out anything with the hose under pressure??

Greg :idea: Looking for a cup and my duct tape.

mattyboy
02-28-2004, 02:52 PM
I run mine about half pressure till water trickles out of the pipes( probably around 15lbs psi). seems to work ok for me. I was told to let the block fill up and this way the impellor is always wet, But not to side track this post mine is a crank driven jabsco pump on a ford with a volvo setup :), I'm not sure on the TRS merc setup

the is first fake a lake available at overtons
this second is my flush valve jabsco avail at west marine

Matty

N2DEEP
02-28-2004, 03:58 PM
I'm scavanging parts for my" fake a lake". Smith Mountain isn't as clean as it use to be. :rlol: Thanks for the input Matty.

Greg............. Faimly thinks I've gone off the deep end. :boggled:
ps 2nd pict has water uptake on right.

N2DEEP
02-28-2004, 04:00 PM
And thanks MP.

Greg