PDA

View Full Version : Crabby Crap!

MOP
02-26-2004, 08:08 AM
Since most everyone comes to this section I figured this was the best place to Crab about something! If you check out the For Sale section there is a post from UsedBoats.com.

Well this is how it goes, these boys put a post up which in checking now has disappeared, just as well to coin an old phrase "Good Ridance to Bad Rubbish".

The jist of what was posted was a pitch to have members sell thier boats on the site for free which sounds like a pretty good thing. Well they got rebutle from some of our higher up protective members. I stayed out of the fray which is unusal for me but did view the post and looked at there site. Though they did a "sweet talk about" about just trying to help out and not being Spammers my firewall did a dance when on the site and this AM you guessed I got "MAIL" as I am sure all that went there did. So they were truly full of "CRAP". The mails below.

Mean Old Phil

Offer from our exclusive partner

Excel Credit

Boat & RV Financing
Buying or Refinancing

Join the Thousands who already
Have saved
THOU$AND$

Rates from 4.25%
Libor Rate 3.35% with loans of 150k or larger

Call Now: 800-337-7774
www.excelcredit.com

If you would like to unsubscribe from future emails please click here.

UsedBoats.com has completed its internal research, and analysis of user surveys, to conclude that 2004 should bring more boaters onto the water than any year before. There are several underlying outside factors that we believe will also contribute to making our prognostication a reality. They include the facts that the economy is heading in the right direction, unemployment and jobless claims are regaining the upper hand, high valuation of the stock market and real estate at record highs vs. interest rates at record lows.

There were several days this month when UsedBoats.com’s traffic had increased by over 500% (month to date). Throughout the month, we have experienced at least two, and in most cases three, times (200-300%) more traffic than we received last month. In one day, on February 21st for example, we had nearly 6,000 unique users, not including return users, commencing close to 100,000 searches. Just two years ago, in any month of 2001, we would have been ecstatic if all our users combined conducted 100,000 searches for the entire month.

In addition, the combination of word of mouth advertising, people simply putting in “used boats” and adding the dot-com in their URL, being seen at least once, and in most cases twice, on the 1st page of all major search engines and our increased advertising budget for 2004 is now collectively and dramatically increasing our traffic.

This is the first month that we were forced to look into traffic issues on a daily basis. Typically we review traffic statistics on a bi-monthly or monthly basis. We first started realizing the dramatic increase in traffic when our customers started sending emails addressing speed of search issues. After determining that the website was searching at a slower pace, we discovered that the issue was a direct result of increased traffic. We have decided to triple our current storage space, while at the same time doubling the amount of servers we operate, to meet the current and anticipated demand.

This is a great issue for us to have, stated Mark J. Horne, President of Nautical Solutions, parent company of UsedBoats.com. “The best possible issue to resolve in our line of work is one that is, not only easily fixed, but is a direct result of a massive influx of new customers looking to buy and sell used boats. This includes both new and return users.

For the short term, until the additional storage and servers are up and running, UsedBoats.com will continue to optimize their website to resolve any speed issues.

If you would like to unsubscribe from future emails please click here. :fire:

Walt. H.
02-26-2004, 12:57 PM
Phil,

I'm glad I missed that free sales info from what you posted above! Good work buddy! :wavey:

I to am getting tired of all the B.S. That floats around. :angryfire

Walt