PDA

View Full Version : Bridge Club Social

David O
02-25-2004, 03:47 PM
Scot (Harbormaster)
What’s the possibility of renaming "Donzi Performance Talk" to the "The Bridge Club Social"?
And starting a new one called Motor Heads for those that need and or want to share their expert knowledge to help others solve problems with their Donzi’s and leave all the bashing, ego’s and bull **** in the Bridge Club.
Maybe some of the true Donzi experts will return to the site and offer assistance to those sincerely wanting help.
David O

David O
02-25-2004, 04:55 PM
I got my answers via private messages, funny how the good answers now days are coming via private messages. I assume so as to avoid challenges form others.
and those that sent them were gratefully thanked.
David

harbormaster
02-25-2004, 09:32 PM
David,

that is why we have the "talk about anything you want" section.

Sorry you feel the way you do. But it stays the way it is. We may lose a few people but thats the way it goes. I can't make everyone happy.

Cuda
02-25-2004, 10:05 PM
I look at the forum as a bunch of freinds with the same interests hanging out together answering questions and arguing. That's what it's like in real life. Sometimes the answers come with some humor. I like it that way. If all you need is the cut and dry technical information, there are tons of owner and operator manuals out there. :chillpill

Cuda
02-25-2004, 10:07 PM
Scot (Harbormaster)
What’s the possibility of renaming "Donzi Performance Talk" to the "The Bridge Club Social"?
And starting a new one called Motor Heads for those that need and or want to share their expert knowledge to help others solve problems with their Donzi’s and leave all the bashing, ego’s and bull **** in the Bridge Club.
Maybe some of the true Donzi experts will return to the site and offer assistance to those sincerely wanting help.
David O

By the way, where is the technical help in this post, and why is it posted in the "Donzi Performance Talk" section? :confused:

David O
02-26-2004, 04:59 AM
By the way, where is the technical help in this post, and why is it posted in the "Donzi Performance Talk" section?

Cuda
It' well hidden just as it is in Rule #1, Josh Stickles, Don Aronow Program (talking 2 door Mercurys) should I continue with the list of irrelevant post?

and Scot, you have asked many times over the years that we keep the subjects techincal in that section and to the point. You have even deleted many post over the years that have strayed. you created the "what ever you want to talk about" thread for all the other stuff.
I just said it a little stronger lets get back to that.

David O
02-26-2004, 05:48 AM
IMO, I think your thread should be restored, and the answer posted. Others may have this issue , this could help them. My new motor may end up HEI, a system I have no clue about, so I may need this info myself..

BINGO

My point exactly. GOOD info is getting lost in private messages and e-mail back and forth to each other that used to be posted on the site in the section called Donzi Performance Talk.
I wouldn't know how to restore what I deleted once i got my answers and the answers were via private messages and or e-mail therefore I have to assume the senders did not want it posted for some reason.
Maybe they didn't want to deal with the crap if someone disagreed? I don't know!!!!!!!!
What ever the reasons I fear we are losing a lot of good stuff that others could use.
Scott you and Scot can fix this if you can see what's happening.
thanks for listening
David

David O
02-26-2004, 06:02 AM
And now for the traditional ???? How many 'cola boats will be @ AOTH??

NONE

But did give some thought to Mt. Dora. May still show up but without a boat.
Gene Schmidt pulled his motor last weekend to try and find where and why he has a grinding thumping slipping noise in the intermediate housing or out drive, not sure where or what it is.
Stuart is building a new house for the wife and kid.
and I have all my upholstery torn apart recovering it and am having a starting issue with the boat.

MOP
02-26-2004, 01:56 PM
My feeling is members should not to try and out do the others with comments but give thier different opinon on the subject. It is true 1 Ups Man Ship seems to be very previlant. I has made a lot of guys go to PM and E-mail instead, I like many have been up here a few years. It is hard for anyone not to want to prove thier point, so is it with the guys you hang and work with. Geez we seem to get through that Ok. Posts thoughts will probably not change to much but we have to look at the guys up here as Buds and cut some slack. We all piss someone off at times, very few of us have not gotten to someone!

Lets try practicing getting over it and have a beer at the next get together. Kisses :beer: Clinks or what ever!